Posted February 11, 2014
Our daughter started at Our Lady of Fatima (hereinafter referred to as "OLF") as a preschooler. When it came time to choose a school for kindergarten we looked at the neighborhood school, nearby charter schools and OLF. We asked a lot of questions of a lot of people and ended up with OLF. We couldn't be happier. More importantly our daughter could not be happier. The Kindergarten teacher is fantastic. My daughter is learning respect, community and values. Further the education our daughter is receiving has exceeded what we were hoping. We have found the principal to be exceptional in both addressing our needs and questions as well as being part of the student's school lives. Although our daughter is too young at the moment, we look forward the sports that she will be able to participate in through the school. Overall our experience has been wonderful and I have recommended OLF to our family and friends.

Posted December 30, 2013
We have 2 boys at OLF and couldn't be happier. They have a pre-school and extended day care in addition to a Pre-K level so my kindergarten child has known many of his classmates for 2 years. The teachers care very much about their students. The athletics is top notch. They have implemented a Rosetta Stone program for foreign language study. The parish is very vibrant and you are expected to contribute time, treasure and talent. However, they have never once mandated our participation instead opting to encourage your involvement. There is an very clear and advertised anti-bullying campaign. We love being at Fatima and both of our boys have responded incredibly to the culture, classmates and staff.

Our Lady Of Fatima Catholic School 1

Posted August 05, 2013
We were not impressed with my daughter's primary school years from Kindergarten to 1st as she hardly learned anything but about discipline.Discipline is important but what about math, science, and reading? My son had issues with one of his teachers. We firmly believe she was targeting him. These issues were brought up to her, the principal, and the head administrator.Ultimately they mismanaged the issues and swept them under the rug; being far more concerned with covering up their mistakes than owning up to their responsibilities and seeking resolution. The school staunchly repudiate any claims we have made without doing due diligence/ investigating our allegations. Yes there are other good teachers there and they do have some good programs. But when your child is bullied by a teacher and there are no consequences, why stay in an institution that claims their mission statement is to nurture the children morally, spiritually, academically, and physically but does nothing to defend the child?I declare that their institution is based on pure hypocrisy.

Posted November 24, 2012
I love this school all of the teachers are nice except one will not be named middle school is a time for alot of responsibility you get lockers and have three middle school dances in the year it is different from elementary but fun all of the teachers are nice and helpful and I do have a favorite also is not going to be named but gives you extra help and takes time after school do your homework with her

Our Lady Of Fatima Catholic School 4

Posted February 04, 2012
When my oldest started pre-k at SB, a nearby Catholic School, I couldn't be happier. The original director/lead teacher at that time was a wonderful professional educator as you would expect & we loved her. But my child's K teacher was an older woman who would rip kids work if she didn't like it. She had no tolerance for creativity or self expression. For some reason, the school thinks the K teacher is great but we weren't too impressed. Things at that school progressively got worse so we decided to check out Fatima, which is very close. Moving our children to Fatima has been the best decision for all of us. In fact, many families have moved their kids to Fatima. Sure there are kinks like any other school but so far so good.

Posted November 12, 2010
All of the great things said about this school are absolutely true, though no school is perfect. My son is in 7th grade and has been attending since he was 4 years old and the middle school is doing a great job prepping him for H.S.. In 8 years the teachers have either been very good to outstanding. However, several years ago we had one bad teacher (and the person was horrible). The principal understood the concerns and the teacher's contract was not renewed. Unlike the public schools, the principal actually can timely deal with performance problems on staff. I think only one bad teacher in 8 years is pretty amazing. If my son had left the school due to that teacher, I suppose I would be writing colorful negative comments. But knowing no situation is ever perfect - an important life lesson for children to learn - we stuck it out beyond that one teacher and have never regreted it.

Posted January 20, 2009
My family and I have been a part of Our Lady of Fatima for 7 years now and we could not be happier. I am amazed at the level of educational guidance my two sons have received from preschool on up. The teaching staff is exceptional. Fatima not only provides a well-rounded core curriculum, but the arts, sciences and athletics are also a large part of the school (which is becoming harder and harder to find in most schools). Two music programs (Christmas and spring) and a school musical, science fairs, the annual speech contest and Catholic School League volleyball, basketball and baseball all provide the type of education I remember when I was a student. My husband and I could not recommend this school and the staff any more-kudos Fatima!

Our Lady Of Fatima Catholic School 3

Posted November 26, 2008
There is a 'crack in Camelot' and I'm glad to see that our family isn't the only one who is experiencing this issue! Although things started out well at OLF, this year has been quite and eye-opener. Our child's teacher is not responsive to our questions; she seems to lack empathy and understanding of how to work with younger children administering 20 minute time outs and 'next day' time outs for minor offenses; The atmosphere in the classroom is tense and the teacher often seems flustered and angry. My child no longer wants to go to school! Not a good way to start out an educational career! If you like a 'punitive' envrironment -- this school is for you! If you prefer a nurturing environment that allows 'kids to be kids' and to enjoy learning, please look further.

Our Lady Of Fatima Catholic School 3

Posted November 20, 2008
Hmmm...I would not rate this school nearly so highly as these other parents. There are some very good aspects of the school such as small class size, facilities are nice enough, curriculum is sound. But some of the teaching staff need to get their methodologies up to at least year 2000! Some of the teachers are very inexperienced with very inmature communication! I suggest a better balance between 'creativity' and 'discipline.'

Posted February 19, 2008
Our son has been at this school for the past 6 years, since he was 4 years old. It has been both an excellent religious and academic environment for him. He is on track to be more than ready for High School. The principal is wonderful, we have many talented teachers, and the pastor is very involved with the school and is great with kids and parents alike. I can't recommend this school more highly.

Our Lady Of Fatima Catholic School
10530 West 20th Avenue, Lakewood, CO  80215
Last modified Our Lady Of Fatima Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Our Lady Of Fatima Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top