PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)

Bethlehem Lutheran School
Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted January 05, 2016
In pre-school through 3rd grade, the teachers are fantastic. There needs to be much improvement in the other grades.

Bethlehem Lutheran School 2

Posted January 05, 2016
I've had three children at Bethlehem now for the past 9 years. At first, they promised a ratio of 15:1, sign language in the pre-school, Spanish in grades K-8, band and orchestra, a bell choir, and a variety of competitions on the state and national level, and they fulfilled their promise. However, that didn't last. Last year the kindergarten had 28 children with one teacher and a part-time aide. There hasn't been Spanish for six years now. There is Latin for grades 7 & 8, but the teacher is not proficient and has to look up how to pronounce words. There is only choir - no band, orchestra or bell choir. Sometimes the students do some signs to songs. The 7th grade class is so badly behaved, the administration combined them with the 8th grade class so that the 8th graders could "police" the 7th graders. Two years ago, we were told half-way through the year that we had to purchase $700 Ipads for our kids. The server, however, was not able to support the Ipads, the teachers have never been trained on how to use Ipads in the classroom (they still don't know how to utilize the Ipads). They are used as glorified word processors. When my daughter was in 8th grade 9 years ago, she read The Crucible. Now my 8th grade son read Rikki Tikki Tavi and The Mouse and the Elephant from Asops fables. He has not learned how to write a research paper. There are no standards in the Language or Literature classes that I'm aware of, I'm not even sure the teachers know what books are on the 8th grade reading list. They fired two middle school teachers first semester and it's been chaos ever since. Now the IT guy is the gym teacher. There is supposedly a new teacher starting soon to teach Literature and Language, but the parents have not met him, and have no confidence that he will be able to get the students ready for high school. The only saving grace is the pre-school through 3rd grade teachers - but still, the class sizes are huge. In nine years, my children went from growing, learning, thinking human beings, to simply numbers. It's sad and I cannot reccommend Bethlehem Lutheran to anyone.

Posted January 19, 2015
We found this school when my daughter was starting preschool. She was very shy and had a hard time adjusting to a different routine. Her teachers we excellent helping her grow. She is now in 3rd grade and thriving. Every teacher she had had has been amazing, and the leadership around the school is suportive and active in all aspects of the school.

Posted November 15, 2013
Thankful for the amazing school we were blessed to find. There is such a strong sense of community and the teachers truly take pride in what they do and care about our kids. Education as well as core virtues and values are top priority. And I treasure the wonderful friendships I have made as well. I am so glad this school is part of our lives.

Posted November 11, 2013
My experience as a parent at Bethlehem and the experience of my children has been completely positive. We currently have two children at Bethlehem Lutheran, one in the day school and one in the Early Learning Center (Pre-K). They both are thriving int their class rooms and learning environments even though they are both very different kids with different attention spans, interests, and learning styles from one another. The teachers and leadership show so much interest in the development of our kids and family and really care to see each child succeed. It is clear to me that much effort goes into the strategy and vision of the school as well as the selection of the teachers and teams. With a family background in education, it is of the highest importance to me that our children receive the best opportunity to learn. Bethlehem has exceeded the expectations for the level of education we had hoped for! In addition, we are part of a great community and caring church community as well. It's really been one of the best things that has happened to our family since calling Denver home!

Posted November 11, 2013
My children have attended Bethlehem Lutheran School for 3 years. We have been very happy with the quality education they have received. The teaching staff is excellent, really working to reach the individual student. The staff, teachers, parents AND students are very involved and committed not only to the school, but the larger community as well. This school has a great school spirit. We are greatful to have found such a great school. The leadership and office staff are dedicated to the school and are easy to talk to and very prompt with information.

Posted November 11, 2013
We currently have two students at Bethlehem and have been extremely pleased with the level of academics and curriculum. The constant communication from the teachers have been a real blessing.

Bethlehem Lutheran School 3

Posted October 16, 2013
The teachers are very nice. Try and get something accomplshed by talking to the leadership that was a different story. But im sure its different if you join their church and clubs. We recieved no answers or what their vision towards fixing the problem (specifically bullying) was. But thats just myexperience. My child stopped wanting to go to the school and would cry when i put his jacket on and try to head out. Sad. Some teachers are just better than others. Its too bad because I certainly wanted my children to have Christ centered education.

Posted January 24, 2011
We have made the best decision sending our children to Bethlehem Lutheran School. Pros: Excellent teaching staff (many have been on staff for more than 20 years!), strong school leadership and challenging academic programs. The teachers are 2nd to none. The staff, teachers, parents AND students are very involved and committed, what great school spirit this place has. We are greatful to have found such a great school. Our boys are very happy here. Cons: None

Posted April 21, 2010
Excellent school - great teachers - numerous extra-curricular activities (sports, music, scouts, science, etc) - terrific before and after school program!

Bethlehem Lutheran School
2100 N Wadsworth Blvd, Lakewood, CO  80214
Last modified Bethlehem Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Bethlehem Lutheran School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top