Lakewood, CO

Posted July 29, 2014
I graduated Alameda two years ago and can honestly recommend it above all other schools. In college, I encountered students who had attended the larger, more prominent schools in the area, and they admitted that they hated their high school experience because of cliques, social pressures, and feeling like they didn't fit in. Alameda's small but diverse population offers a unique experience in that there are no cliques or bullying. Everyone was friendly, and all students were encouraged to explore different perspectives and interests. I was also better prepared for college than my peers who had attended other schools. Alameda has knowledgeable, passionate, and dedicated teachers introducing students to relevant, university-level material. The service opportunities within the Diploma Program also prepared me for leadership positions I now hold in college. I attribute my success in college to my experience at Alameda, and I truly believe that Alameda is the best high school for every student!

Posted July 29, 2014
I'm an IB alumni from Alameda and had a very positive experience during my 4 years at Alameda. With the relatively new IB diploma program, students that want to push themselves and prepare themselves for college have a good opportunity to do so. The teachers I had always pushed me and understood their subjects very well, especially the teachers involved in the IB program. I know Alameda has had a negative stigma over the years, but the school has been continuing to improve a lot lately and as long as your student is motivated and pushes his or her self, they will get as good of an experience at Alameda as any other school.

Posted July 29, 2014
The school was great and help me improve a lot over the years. The staff were very kind and helpful to me over the years.

Posted July 28, 2014
My son graduated from Alameda International High School in 2013 and I can say without a doubt that he had the best high school experience out of my four children who have all graduated from other high schools. My other children went to another much larger Jeffco high school and they did not have near the great experience that my son who attended AIHS had. Alameda is a smaller high school so the students do not "fall through the cracks". It has a wonderfully diverse population and it truly is an international high school. AIHS has all three IB programs (Middle Years Program, Diploma Program and the IB Career-related Certificate Program) and it has an "open access" policy so any student wanting to challenge himself with the IB program will be accepted. My son excelled in his education and in extracurricular activities and was very well prepared for college. I am so pleased with the education that he received at AIHS. I would recommend AIHS to any parent looking for a high school where students receive personal attention from teachers and where programs are available to all students who wish to excel.

Posted December 08, 2011
I currently go to Alameda high school as a senior (class of 2012) and I am very happy with my schooling experience here. I moved from New York at the beginning of my Junior year and heard all the rumors about Alameda. I am proud today to say that none of the bad ones are true. The students are very excepting of everyone, race, sexuality, gender, etc. The teachers help me when I need it. They help me and encourage me to get my grades up when they are bad. You don't know this school until you experience it.

Posted March 06, 2010
This has been a great school for our son. The teachers have been very supportive and always let us know if there are concerns. My son enjoys going to school and he enjoys the sports program. We've had some communication snafu's now and then, but overall things have been good.

Posted December 12, 2009

Posted November 12, 2009
Alameda High School is a great school, period. I am a current student, class of 2010. Let me begin with this rumor about 'gang activity'. What gang activity? I see no signs of gang activity as I walk the school's halls everyday. The students dress normally, at least to what is accepted in our generation. We do not posses weapons between our boxers and jeans nor do we ever start gang riots. So, these 'gang activity' rumors need to stop. Alameda has changed dramatically and really has become a second home to me. I love going to school. The teachers love their jobs and their priority is our education. They will go out of their way to make sure we succeed and be the best that we can be. Anyway, I give this school 5 stars because it really is trying to improve.

Alameda International High School 1

Posted July 25, 2009
Alameda Highschool is not one of the best School's that is around because of too much Gang Activity when I went there!!! Not many teachers helped me when I really needed it....

Posted July 24, 2009
i think Alameda High School is a wonderful place for learning and i am looking forward to attend this school

Alameda International High School
1255 South Wadsworth Blvd, Lakewood, CO  80232
Last modified Alameda International High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Alameda International High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top