Posted August 17, 2014
BC K8 is equivalent to...a prison. The kids are not allowed to explore their own identity here. The expectations are unreasonable and honestly, similar to brain washing. Only after my oldest went to a near by jr high (mid way through 8th grade) did I really realize what damage this school does to parents and kids. Had I known years before, when I first enrolled my then first grader of what the future would be like at this school, I would have made a completely different choice for my children's early years. I can only hope now that jr and high school can smother that damage of the K8.

Posted August 07, 2014
I recently graduated from the 8th grade here at Bear Creek and I agree and disagree with some of these reviews. The school dress code can be a little hard to comply with but it keeps the middle school tween/ teens from wearing short-shorts and baggy pants. There is nothing nice to say about the food, I packed my lunch every day. You can find milk that has expired years ago and all their fruit is bruised. They have a no sugar policy, but they still sell sweets as little snacks after lunch. The education your child will receive WILL CHALLENGE THEM, no matter what the grade level but it is worth it. The middle school ( Grades 7 and 8) grade papers using a college level grading system and there is a lot of homework each night ( at least 2 hours) but I am so glad I went to this school, I wouldn't have it any other way. The staff is great and the Teachers really do care about your child and their education. Go Bears!

Posted July 27, 2014
I definitely agree agree with these parents postings. I have a hard time finding my daughter clothes to wear to school. If there going to be this strict why are we not having the kids wear uniforms then? The school lunches definitely need to have better food. My son complains how awful it tastes. The education my kids get is great but they need to restructure the lunch and dress code better.

Posted April 11, 2014
This school blames the kid for the fault of the parents. When the lunch account goes negative they shame the kid by branding them with a sticker. Why? They have my email address and phone number and the "Parent Communication" folder. Is it necessary to label my kid for something beyond her control? Then there are the R/S/R packets and Reading Logs. Both which need signing by the parent. Apparently there is some kind of metric or bonus tied to them because when the parent forgets to sign them the student is punished by not being allowed to go to recess. Not having them signed is completely out of the control of the student. I understand that the teaching profession is a very difficult one. But these things are just petty. With regards to actual education I'm less than impressed. The teacher stressed that my child "needs to work on memorizing math facts". Memorization is only useful for passing a test. It sounds like BCK-8 has decided to play the NCLB game and get great test scores that mean nothing. I prefer my kids get an education. Don't get me started on the "improved" traffic situation. It's not only not safer but more confusing, expensive, and time consuming.

Posted April 08, 2014
We are parents of kids that are at Bear Creek k-8. They are in 7th grade at this school. We think our school is too strict and you should serve REAL food because my kid is always saying it is bad. The traffic system is also terrible as well. every morning when I drop my children off in my limo, a dang bus almost runs into me. The vice principal is much too well uh bad wordy. and they have an extremly strict dress code. the main principal is always wearing short dresses if she doesnt follow the dress code why should my kids have to? my kids are very advanced education wise though which is a benifit.; they have great education.

Bear Creek K-8 School 5

Posted February 12, 2014
We moved here from out of state at the beginning of December and I was worried about my child being a little behind. Her teacher has been extremely helpful in getting her caught up with the other children. Every interaction I have had with the staff has been positive. It is a tough school with much more homework than we were used to, but I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing.

Posted November 15, 2013
Non flexible. I found the staff to be extremely arrogant. The middle school does not offer variety, the students are not set up for high school. I would not recommend this school.

Posted September 27, 2013
Excellent school. I am very grateful of the school. Principal is a great leader and very efficient. I agree that this school is not for average students. Like to see their cafeteria serves better food. Both my boys are part of this school. They love this school and most of the teachers.

Posted September 26, 2013
They challenge my kids everyday. The staff are awesome and they truly want to be there. i do feel they send a lot of homework and for a busy family it can be difficult. Overall Bear Creek K-8 is a great school!

Posted February 11, 2013
Go to their website and read their Student Handbook. OMG! Sounds like a prison. We live close to this school and were looking at our options. I would not send my child here based on their handbook-- it is ridiculous!

Bear Creek K-8 School
9601 West Dartmouth Place, Lakewood, CO  80227
Last modified Bear Creek K-8 School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bear Creek K-8 School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 49 reviews.