Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)

Belmar Elementary has a dynamic staff committed to improvement, innovation and celebration. Test results continue to improve each year and the families are friendly. Belmar is growing its community outreach and inclusion dynamics by use of kindness, gratitude, and respect. I feel part of a team and my daughter loves to go to school.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

Individualized learning is a priority to ensure the growth of each student.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The school counselor and other committees, as well as, its staff work daily within the classrooms and individually to integrate strong character

Supports LD students: Agree

My son started seeing a reading specialist recently and his reading fluency skyrocketed. That is a fantastic resources at Belmar!

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

Ms. Leighty is wonderful! I have had many opportunities to talk with her and get more involved in Belmar as a parent. I think Ms. Leighty is a very strong school leader. The teachers clearly respect her and Ms. Leighty is a budgetary wizard.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Personally, I think the only real way to promote the development of strong character is by example. Belmar teachers and staff are certainly good examples. Additionally, Belmar integrates character and community through their S.A.I.L. acronym and it shows up in a lot of the student's coursework.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Belmar teachers are FANTASTIC! When I was a student, it was a teacher's passion that I connected with (from Kindergarten through graduate school). Thus, I think teachers that love what they do are the singularly most important factor in a school. In three years at Belmar, I have yet to encounter a teacher that does not have an obvious love of teaching and learning.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Recently, Belmar made a decision to stop assigning homework to students. I was on the School Accountability Committee and participated in these discussions. As an educator myself, I am a firm believer that play and cognitive rests are vital to learning. They are important for adults, why would that not also be the case for kids? However, I like that I can ask my son's teacher for homework ideas and worksheets that I can assign on my own. This puts the responsibility on me as the parent, which I appreciate.

I have a 5th grader at Belmar Elementary School. I think this is a great school because the teachers are amazing and the principal is available and truly cares about our kids. There are fun family based activities each month to build community. Some of the activities are first day of school BBQ, multicultural night, math night, LAMP night, and end of year celebration. Classroom sizes are reasonable, and kids can get individual attention. It's a great neighborhood school!

The principal, Mrs. Leighty truly goes above and beyond to communicate with parents, students and staff. She truly cares about all the kids at Belmar and is wholly invested in each child's well being.

Last modified Belmar Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.