Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted November 18, 2015
For the most part, teachers at this school have great teaching styles and encourage the students to work hard in fun ways.

Posted November 18, 2015
Though I do not agree with a few minor pieces in this school (cannot carry water or backpacks around) I have greatly enjoyed my time at Carmody.

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted November 18, 2015
I have had some wonderful teachers at this school. Specifically, my science teacher (for both years) has been extremely helpful and inspiring for me.

Carmody Middle School 1

Posted June 22, 2014
I give it a one because I came here in the middle of the year and they were very unclear about what was expected and the grading system. They did not explain to me what work habits was or anything else. The Library at the school is never open and the classes are boring and easy. I felt like i was being handed the answers, already knew everything on every test it was not a challenge at all and I was highly disappointed. Coming from my old school I was in all advanced placement were they teach you two years above grade level. I came to Carmody and they put me in grade level classes. I ended the year with strait A's in every class and I did not even have to try. I love learning and being challenged and a this school I learned nothing and was not challenged in the slightest.

Posted April 28, 2014
We have had a great two years at Carmody. The leadership and teachers are supportive of the students, no-nonsense about child safety, supportive of parents, and serious about educating the children. Although there are always areas for improvement, I feel that overall Carmody does a good job with the limited resources they have. I am disappointed in the parental involvement, however. With more parental involvement, the school could do great things.

Posted August 23, 2013
Carmody is an excellent school. The majority of the teachers are top notch, committed and always available for questions or help for the kids. The principal is a great leader and sets the tone for the entire school. He will not tolerate bullying and is always responsive. Not a huge fan of test scores but for those of you who live by them, Carmody had a double digit increase in scores last year.

Posted May 28, 2013
My child just finished her 7th grade year at Carmody. Our family is extremely satisfied. This is not our home school, we chose to open enroll here. Liked things such as the after school program and open lab. Teachers are available twice a week for an hour after school. Students can get help with homework, make up missed work, and re-work items with low grades. The teachers are extremely dedicated and turnover is low compared to our past school. I believe they would stay any day of the week to help a child if you asked them to. Emails to the principal and teachers were returned within 48 hours, often within an hour - even if it was the weekend. Grades are posted online in a timely matter so the student knows where they stand. The counselor was instrumental in determining that my child was on the right academic path for her skill level. Respect for others is openly valued and encouraged in the weekly video announcements. The most valuable asset the staff and principal have is their willingness to try new things - such as the additional reading block for 7th graders this year. In order to increase future student achievement, the school should increase the amount of homework given.

Posted December 22, 2011
As a parent of children who attend and have attended Carmody, I am very pleased with their academic and social progress. The teachers are more then helpful and are always willing to help the children succeed. The environment is welcoming and the Principal is always interacting with the children and families. After school clubs are available on a daily basis. also, open lab is a great avenue for children needing extra help to stay on track. As we all know, we do have a choice on what school to send our children. As an educated parent, my choice is Carmody!!

Carmody Middle School 1

Posted December 13, 2011
Carmody is an overflow school for low scoring, low grade rating, low income community. Kids that can not cut it at surrounding choice schools are using this school as a last resort. The revamp of the school was great but a waste of money if the test scores are low and the problem children are attending this school. I am sure their are a few great teachers and staff, but everyone that knows this community or is a Colorado native knows the bad schools in colorado and this is one of them. I would never send a highly gifted, high scoring child to this school as they will become average and end up at Kennedy High School :(

Posted August 31, 2011
Carmody has far exceeded my expectations as a parent. Simply taking a tour of the school doesn't do it justice. If you're a parent researching middle schools in the area, I suggest you chat with the parents and kids at the school. The teachers and staff are so involved and they seem to really enjoy teaching these kids. On the same note, the kids I know who go there love school and take pride in being a student at Carmody. There are far too many parent elitist in this district that give Carmody a bad rap and when you ask them why that can't even give one valid reason. So until you actually have a kid in the school, don't bag on it because there are many, many parents and students in the community who are proud of their home school of Carmody.

2050 South Kipling Street, Lakewood, CO  80227
Last modified Carmody Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Carmody Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top