Lakewood, CO

Posted May 12, 2014
I'm a student at Devinny and I love it! I have had great teachers and their is nothing bad to say!

Posted February 19, 2014
I love this school! The staff is incredible and so devoted to their students and their success. PTA is active and encourages all parents to be involved. I feel this school is very united! The principal is so great and a great community leader!

Posted September 11, 2013
Devinny Elementary is a great school with awesome teachers who really care about their jobs and the children. Devinny is a high-performing school whose teachers are always striving to do better. The parent involvement is amazing and the PTA is very active and focused on supporting the teachers and improving the school anyway it can.

Posted September 10, 2013
I have been at this school for 10 years and have 4 more years to go. This is the best school around - teachers, administrators, principal, office staff, and parents. What a fantastic community. I feel blessed that this is my kid's home school. It has totally prepared my older kids for middle and high school - they are both advanced now from attending Devinny. The kids coming out of Devinny are more advanced than surrounding schools and are high achievers and have strong morals - the Devinny Noble Nnight program promotes and instills good behavior in all the kids. There is little to no bullying. I can't say enough good things about this school!

Devinny Elementary School 2

Posted June 27, 2013
We've experienced multiple years of petty problems. There is a consistent feeling that the "Devinny Community" isn't exactly all inclusive. There is an underlying power struggle at all times, as well. Parental involvement is high, but rather helicopter-like. We haven't been happy with the majority of the teachers and have experienced 3 principals in the past 4 years. Our experience has been consistently negative in most respects. Parking, drop-off/pick-up is always an issue and the latest attempt at fundraising was ridiculous. The office staff is consistently rude and unhelpful, as well. There is also a lack of male teachers at the school... I can only count the gym teacher, a part-time counselor, and a 6th grade teacher.

Devinny Elementary School 1

Posted January 25, 2013
We made the hard decision to leave this school last year and could not be happier. I have been a memeber of the Devinny Community my whole life, and had a hard time letting go of that as well as there high test scores and raitings, But at his new school my child is happy for the first time in years. We did have 2 good teachers at Devinny, but had 3 very bad ones as well, the principle was awful, and the bullying in my childs clase was out of control. I was just told by his new teacher that she completly disagreed with the lable/peg that Devinny had given him. So many hard choices with Parenting but I'm so glad I made this one, and I would encourage other parents to look at ther otions if there gut feeling that this school is failing there child. I also now have a suspition that those high test grades are influenced by the gifted and talented program as well.

Devinny Elementary School 4

Posted January 09, 2013
We have been at DeVinny for two years and have not been happy with either of the prinipals at all. We had major teacher issues last year and the teacher was replaced halfway through the school year and things got better. My childs teacher this year is amazing! I think there is a great PTO that has lots of fun events. The drop-off/ pick-up is ridiculous! I have never seen such a poorly planned event that happens everyday.

Devinny Elementary School 1

Posted April 16, 2012
The Last couple years at this school have been awful. The new principle is Bad, and the Bullying has gotten out of control in the upper grades. It's very disapointing to have to leave the school and community after many years but we are.

Posted February 17, 2012
We've had great teachers. We've had to spend time dealing with my son's behavior problems. The school handled it well, teachers, counselor, and principals, all included me in discussions and decisions. I'm around the school volunteering and working on PTA programs. I'm very happy with all I see.

Devinny Elementary School 2

Posted January 19, 2012
We have had a mixed experience includeing a few years with some really good teachers, and a few that were horrible, We found no support from the principle in the bad years, an in fact he made things worse. My daughter is currently struggling in the 4th grade. We are strongly considering switching her at years end mostly because of the principle who only cares about his poorly designed parking lot. Rather than trying to come up with solutions he punishes kids unfairly for being kids.

Devinny Elementary School
1725 South Wright St, Lakewood, CO  80228
Last modified Devinny Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Devinny Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top