Lakewood, CO

Posted December 10, 2014
We open enroll at Hutchinson and are very happy with the school. The new Principal is amazing, you can see everyday how much he cares for the students and wants to make a difference in their lives. Are there a few teachers that maybe aren't favorites, of course, there are at every school. But that is part of life, dealing with people with different personalities. Very Happy with Hutch!!!

Posted July 28, 2014
I read some of reviews, and I can resonate with most of them in regards to teacher's behavior when being questioned. One of the reviews was about girls click, I have the impression, that Hutchinson not only has the girls click it also has teachers clicks and this is hurting other teachers that are not part of the click as well as students and parents. As far as teacher-student-parent relationship, just an advise to the teachers: the school, in reality, is part of the family, in that our children are learning and growing. There is no blame or a place for defensiveness. We together are raising our children and I as a parent acknowledge and appreciate that. But if we get defensive there is not a place for any of us to interact with our innocent children. If we are not here to listen, learn and be productive, then it is time to retire as teaching means learning at the same time. The key is to not to take personal and let the ego rest somewhere else. This way you will receive amazing support and children who show you their true love.

Posted January 17, 2014
My child is choice enrolled at Hutchinson. I am so happy with my decision to send my child to Hutchinson. The kindergarten program is phenomenal! My child is heads above our neighbor's child who attends our neighborhood school. It is amazing how much my five year old has learned this year! He loves his teacher and is thiving in her class. I highly recommend Hutchinson!

Hutchinson Elementary School 4

Posted January 07, 2014
I have been a parent of a Hutchinson student for several years now. So far we have been very pleased. This year with our new Kindergarten student I have been beyond disappointed. Where we have in the past had a great 1/2 K experience, this year with the combined 1/2 and full day classes it's been a total nightmare. And as of christmas break it was told to us that they are only teaching the 1/2 day kids 1/2 the ciriculum in math and english. If you plan to enroll a 1/2 K student for 14'/15' have a back up plan in case they decide to run the combined classes again.

Hutchinson Elementary School 3

Posted April 06, 2013
I have to agree with the previous reviews. The principal is horrible, so glad she is leaving end of the school year. The principal does not support the student or parent at all. I'm hoping the new principal will be better otherwise I will have to sell house and move to another school district. I'm about burned out.... For those who are interested in this school, keep looking. Right now I would not recommend this school.

Posted January 11, 2013
I am so glad to see someone else speak up about the school as it has given me courage to do so. Although in general, the academics are pretty good here, we have also experienced the wrath of teachers when we posed some difficult questions. Instead of being mature and dealing with us, our child was brow beaten by her teacher, humiliated by the teacher in front of other classmates, and this was because WE asked questions about what was going on in the classroom. The principal made it very clear to us that she supported her teachers no matter what -- nice for the kids! As well, there are so many clicks and "mean girls" at this school and I don't now why that is also tolerated. One teacher told me they were very well aware of this but really didn't know what to do! And their GT support is abysmal. I did some research on this and learned that the school in general is not in support of the programs and that the teachers were not trained to support these needs. Look past their 8 rating when considering this school. They look great on the surface, but there are some very systemic issues. I understand the principal is leaving so maybe that will create some positive changes.

Posted January 11, 2013
I think the lower grades do a great job -- but forget about it past 3rd grade...and parents be warned...if you voice a concern to the teacher, ask questions, voice a concern to the principal, YOUR CHILD WILL PAY A PRICE! This "insular" school does not like smart parents asking tough questions. Luckily the current principal is on her way out! So are we.

Posted March 13, 2012
I have two boys here, one in KG and one now in 1st who did KG here as well. My boys love their teachers and have been doing very well. The teachers stay on top of any concerning areas and keep you informed. The principal, Ms. Bacon, is really good and the kids love her. Great to see her out doing traffic when the stop light goes out! Everyone here has been very helpful.

Posted August 25, 2011
My kids have thrived at Hutchinson. I have one in 3rd and one in 6th. Both have loved their teachers every year. The principal is amazing and works very closely with the staff, students and parents. I highly reccommend Hutch!

Posted December 28, 2010
This school has a very involved PTO that works with teachers and staff to fill the needs of the students. The Principal offers excellent leadership and sets definate boundaries for behavior. My 3 children are excelling at this school, scoring in Proficient and Advanced on the CSAPS as well as challenging themselves to achieve more from themselves. The teachers are very involved and willing to talk about any issues or concerns. Excellent school.

Hutchinson Elementary School
12900 West Utah Ave, Lakewood, CO  80228
Last modified Hutchinson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hutchinson Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top