Lakewood, CO

Posted November 23, 2014
Slater Elementary has been a magnificent school. I have two daughters who both love school and are honor students because they were fortunate enough to attend Slater Kindergarten through sixth grade. My youngest daughter will graduate 6th grade this year and move onto middle school and I know our entire family will miss the Slater teachers and staff members. My daughters thrive as honor students all because the teachers and staff cultivate an excellent learning environment for the students to thrive. The front office staff and the teachers are always so welcoming & make us all feel like family. If you are considering enrollimg your children in Slater Elementary parent to parent you & your children will not be disappointed. Your children can only benefit from attending this school as my children have blossomed into smart responsible young ladies who love school because of their experience at Slater Elementary. This school is highly recommended and is very deserving of 5 stars!

Posted March 12, 2014
I am soo impressed with this school. My daughter had separation anxiety and was so bad when I would leave her. The teachers and staff made her feel safe. I love the communication and involvement I have in my daughters schooling. I am sadly moving this year and of all things I will miss it's the school that's a top one. I am so Appreciative if how they treated us and how my daughter has progressed in her education. Mrs. Rojas and Ms Hiedi are great!!

Posted March 18, 2010
The kids love it here they have been here 3 yrs. and do not want to leave. The new principle is wonderful, and the change in the atmosphere all over the school is amazing. The kids are all excelling in all aspects of their education. The teachers are very concerned about the education every child is getting, and show that to the parents and children all the time. Our test scores are improving and the moral of the students and teachers is wonderful, and people are happy to be here. Keep it up Slater!!

Posted February 02, 2010
At first, I was concerned about the reviews I read about Slater and the scores they received, but we have had an excellent experience over the past 2 years. My son's Kindergarten and 1st grade teachers have been top notch and I feel they also have good support on hand to help give the children the attention that they each need to excel. I do wish that there was more parent involvement to help provide the school with more funding for things like computers and other extra-curricular activites. However, I am 100% satisfied with the staff and their focus on the children's education and I hope that the scores will soon better reflect the reality.

Posted January 15, 2010

Posted August 15, 2008

Slater Elementary School 1

Posted August 11, 2008

Posted September 20, 2007

Posted September 07, 2007

Posted February 07, 2007
We moved our children 3 years ago from a private Catholic school to Slater which is our neighborhood school. What started as a nerve-wracking decision for us turned out to be the best one we ever made! We have been consistently impressed by the teaching staff; the longevity, level of education, and committment to the kids is fantastic! We feel our children have received a better academic education than they were getting in private school. I appreciate the attention they give to the specials classes (art, PE, music) and look forward to the after school enrichment activity program about to begin.

Slater Elementary School
8605 West 23rd Ave, Lakewood, CO  80215
Last modified Slater Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Slater Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top