Lakewood, CO

Deane Elementary School 3

Posted April 02, 2014
My grand daughter attends Deane Elementary. She likes her teacher and the afterschool program "Kids Smart".

Posted August 06, 2013
I have a son who will be in 5th grade this year and this will be his 4th year at Deane. The teachers there are pretty good, like Mrs. Whitney and Mrs. Chalupa, however, the principal and office staff are anything but nice. We have had repeated issues with the principal even caring about the children. And they do not challenge the kids in any way. My son has a high reading and math level and gets homework done in 10 minutes, but they will not put him in accelerated learning.

Deane Elementary School 1

Posted August 04, 2013
one of the worst schools my grandaughter ever attended, she was bullied by a teacher and when her parents tried to bring it to the attention of the office they were constantly ignored. this school is very unprofessional and i would highly recommended placing your student somewhere else.

Posted December 11, 2009
3 of my children attend this school, they and myself like the teachers however we are not pleased with the principal she rarely gets involved, is very closed minded and all around just has a very poor attitude.

Deane Elementary School 4

Posted November 17, 2009
I enjoyed Deane Elementary! My daughter was in Ms. Poeschl's kindergarten class and i felt she was challenging and kept her interested in learning. Unfortunatly she is not there this year, but we do have thoughts of putting her back in that school.

Posted December 12, 2008
My daughter currently goes to this school, and I am not that pleased with the school. She is in 1st grade and is not challenged at all. Homework takes less than five minutes and they are given an entire week to complete it. I wish that the school would have some sort of standard within the district because another child of mine attends another school and receives much more challenging assignments and homework (she is also in 1st grade) . I just worried my child will get bored here.

Deane Elementary School 5

Posted October 11, 2008

Deane Elementary School 3

Posted August 05, 2008
Three of my four children have/is attended/attending Deane Elementary and they have liked the staff that is there as do I. However, I do agree that there is no before or after school activities for the younger grades but there is things for the 4-6th graders. I would like to see more activites being offered but I also understand that finding someone to promote these activities might be a problem.

Deane Elementary School 1

Posted August 09, 2007

Posted May 17, 2007
I am very disappointed in Dean Elementry. There academic programs are adverage or below. They have no before or after school programs of any kind. No field trips and does not particapate in the young writers workshop or the elementry art show at red rocks comunity colledge The parent envolvemnent is low because they don't get information to parents. Teachers are young but no imagination to get kids interested in learning, have nothing for kids with any kind of disability.

Deane Elementary School
580 South Harlan St, Lakewood, CO  80226
Last modified Deane Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Deane Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top