Bad
Good

I was a student at this school. I started there at age 6. I am now 22. Ive had fond memories of being there. We'd have talent shows, plays, field days and a lot of fun family oriented stuff. Education was great. I learned and had fun at the same time. Idk how it is now its been like 10 years, but I plan on sending my daughter there for kindergarten.

My school is a small town school in a big city. I love saying hi to my principal every morning, Mr. Huwa he watches over his/ my kid every morning before school, and every night after school. I know my boy's teacher Mrs. Dietrick is always avail for me to talk to. She also makes herself available with a quick response on the the web.

My grandaughter is new to this school this year and was very nervous about going. But after the first day and until now she cannot say enough good things about it. She loves her teachers and everyone that I have come into contact has been extremely wonderful. I find the curiculum and extra curiculum activities to be great. I am very glad my grandaughter is attending this school

This school is amazing. My child has started kindergarten this year and we have been so impressed with the staff and teachers. We feel our son is receiving the utmost care and is achieving and growing so much.

This school is a joke, the principal takes it upon himself to call social services, for any reason, to cause conflict. We have had numerous behavior problems with the fourth grade teachers including being extremely rude and obnoxious in the parent teacher meetings, Pink slips are given out for childrens behaviors such as a parent not signing their notebooks, not for bad behavior. There is constant drama with name calling and teachers having their favorite kids, including one teacher creating the drama between her students in her classroom. I would never recomend this school

South Lakewood is brimming with kids from outside the district whose parents know of the high performance of this school, particularly in early reading achievement.

This school principal is not the best with dealing with namecalling orconflict. I have two kids who attend there and we can't wait for them to graduate and hope they do well in middle school with bullies and conflict...

I have one child in this school; this will be her third year of attendance. I have been very pleased with each teacher and my child is learning. She receives the extra help she needs with an IEP. She has made lasting friends here and at the after care program. We will stay at this school. The PTA sponsors some nice events and is very involved. I feel like my daughter is at home in this school.

I have 3 students at this school and have had an extremely positive experience. Yes, there have been some changes with the new principal and with any new admin change a few hiccups. She is overcoming this bad rap and becoming more warm and approachable. This school is definitely learning focused and has implemented a Positive Behavior Support program this year. The school is only as good as the community it serves. The more the parents, teachers and administration work together as a team, the better learning environment there is for our students. South Lakewood Elementary is definitely the best neighborhood school in the Lakewood High articulation area.

I have had students at this school for many years. I am impressed with the way teachers care for their students. Talent Show, Science Fair, grade level performances, gym clubs, and Science Matters classes are a few of the extra activities available. Parents are involved. The principal is improving every year.

Last modified South Lakewood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.