Bad
Good

I went here for 1 year and i was bullied and picked on every moment of that year. There was no escape i started cutting and was super depressed the school did nothing to prevent fights 9\10 fights went unnoticed. the teachers are ok but still all they worry about are there slushies and paycheck

I attended this school when it was named North Alameda Elementary, when Rose Stein was the principal. It was a good school then, and it continues to be a good school to this day!

I love the teachers of this school!!! They are all very dedicated. I often feel that the focus of the bilingual programs are too high. I have felt at times that my kids have been put on the back burner because they are white and english speaking with parents that are supportive of their education. The bus system is a joke and the over all safety of the children before and after school while walking to the bus from class or to class from the bus makes me very nervous. The principal of this school is very non approachable and unfriendly. If there was any way I could work it out I would take my kids to different school.....

I felt as though after 4 years my child left stein with a fist grade education

Education at Stein Elementary is sub par at best, far too much focus on bilingual and ESL programs. Great teachers, but lack direction from a very unapproachable principal. Have never felt that my child is 100% safe at this school, 9 times out of 10 I have walked into the front of the building and have gone completely unnoticed, anyone could walk in! My daughter will not be attending Stein Elementary next year, was overjoyed when I received a choice enrollment confirmation form in the mail.

Last modified Stein Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.