Larkspur, CO

Posted March 13, 2015
We love LES! Teachers and staff are very caring & passionate about working with children. The school offers Enrichment programs, HEX competitions, Apple Core Tech Club, Garden Club, Outdoor education, Book Clubs, Music, Art, Summer Camp Invention, Choir, a large tech lab, and more. Community and volunteers team up with the school's PTO and students for their Fall Festival at the Renaissance Festival grounds as well as the Boot Scoot & Boogie Fundraiser on Senator Weins Ranch.

Posted March 12, 2015
Both my children have or are attending this amazing school! It doesn't always seem like school, yes my children learn there but it goes much further than that. The teachers and staff are like extended family. They care about my kids from day one! And don't stop once they leave. Whenever my daughter returns to pick up her brother she is stopped, given a hug and asked how she is doing. It is the same for me as a parent, that I walk in the school and it is like a second home. Friendly faces, and greetings! We are so fortunate to have such an amazing school and we are thankful that we chose Larkspur for our children's K-6 education! I and my children will miss Larkspur when they are done.

Posted March 11, 2015
Great little community school. Family environment where the staff know the kids and truly care. A special place that focuses not only on a well educated child, but kids that are respectful of each other and their environment.

Posted March 11, 2015
I only wish we found this school sooner. We moved to Larkspur a couple of years ago and my son started LES in the 5th grade. Since then he is no longer on an IEP and his confidence has skyrocketed. The teachers and staff treat our kids so well! If only this school could be K-8!!!

Posted March 11, 2015
What a gem within the Douglas County School District. My daughter began kindergarten at LES and is currently (2014-15) enrolled in the 4th grade. The programs offered at LES allow my child to pursue passions such as environmental consciousness (Energy Council, integrated EIC), technology (Apple Core, tech specials), theater (After School Enrichment) and social awareness (Student Council). The teachers commitment at LES is incredible. Small classes allow teachers and staff to know my child by name, while providing first-rate classroom experiences. National recognition by the US Dept. of Education (Green Ribbon Winner, 2014) is further proof that my 4th grader is receiving a world-class education. We are so grateful to live in a community with such a hidden treasure available right in the neighborhood.

Posted March 10, 2015
We moved to CO a few years ago. We knew we wanted to be in Douglas County based on the schools and family environment. However, Larkspur won our hearts with the school, homes, and people. We think LES provides exactly what we are looking for in a school. It is in the top 5 in the county, as well as top 50 in the state. It provides excellent teachers in a classroom size unlike others in the county. I also think the outdoor education (environmental learning) and indoor education (technology) is the building block to the future and cannot be found in any other school. The practical hands on education taught by teachers that care for our children is the icing on the cake.
3 people found this helpful

Posted March 10, 2015
We have been at Larkspur for 6 years and can't recommend this school highly enough. I'd give it 10 stars if it was possible! The beautiful surroundings, fantastic teachers, and wonderfully supportive parent community are all ingredients for a first rate school. Larkspur is truly a hidden gem of a school in Douglas County... shhh keep it to yourself, we LOVE our small class sizes! The teachers know all the children by name, regardless of whether they teach them or not. It's not just school, it's family. We are blessed to attend such a nurturing school which is #5 in Douglas County and #50 out of 1100 in the state.
4 people found this helpful

Posted March 04, 2015
Larkspur Elementary is an incredible school. It is small in number but the learning is outstanding! There is truly a caring approach and teachers and aids truly look at how each child learns and adjusts to assist them. My children have thrived and both were reading mid-year of kindergarten. Plus they love going to school. This public school scores higher in academic performance than most of the area charter schools.
2 people found this helpful

Posted January 09, 2014
Larkspur Elementary is an amazing school with great teachers! They really involve the parents in a lot of activities. My child is in kindergarten here and is already reading! He's only been in school for a few months. I love this school!
2 people found this helpful

Posted August 01, 2013
Larkspur is an amazing school with great teachers and a fabulous parent involvement. The PTO and Teachers make this school.

Larkspur Elementary School
1103 West Perry Park Ave, Larkspur, CO  80118
Last modified Larkspur Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Larkspur Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top