Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)

Posted July 30, 2015
Great teachers and staff; my daughter loves this school. I believe it's one of the best in Littleton from our experience (we left for 1st grade due to a move and went to the neighborhood school which was awful. We came back for 2nd, 3rd and now 4th grade and won't be leaving again even though we aren't in the district and are attending on open enrollment). The principal, John de la Garza is a very nice, but firm influence and handles problems with understanding and facts. The teachers are AMAZING and the biggest assets. Mary Chapman and Grace Roth were instrumental in making school a better place for my child and for that, I'm eternally grateful! I hope that my younger daughter can experience Stony Creek and love it as much as her big sister does. They work hard to keep parents involved and informed which is critical to students success. I have nothing but great things to say about Stony Creek!!

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted July 30, 2015
It's a lot of homework but in smaller doses. Good prep for middle and high-school which is important.

Stony Creek Elementary School 2

Posted November 08, 2012
The 5th and 6th grade teachers are only interested in students who do not have to struggle for their grades. They do not understand that struggling is in and of itself a learning process. They are viciously mean spirited to males who have an opinion and girls who question too much.

Posted January 15, 2012
I have to agree with the post regarding the current state of Stony Creek's administration. I've gone through more red tape and circles to ensure the safety of my disabled child than I care to say. That said, the teaching staff, aids and office assistants are class acts. I wouldn't have my child in this school, if not for them. A+ to them!

Stony Creek Elementary School 3

Posted January 09, 2012
Most of the posts here are from a Stony Creek administration that is long gone - the current administration makes no effort to improve things for the students, often lying to get concerned parents off their backs. However, the teaching staff is truly the shining star that makes sending my three children there bearable. Most of the teachers truly are the best at what they do!

Posted April 14, 2010
The teachers and staff are among the best I've seen around. They truly care about the kids and the families.

Posted September 20, 2009
I find this school very child and parent friendly. The parents always feel involved in their child's education.

Posted October 14, 2007
i think the curriculum is good but the school should pay for more stuff than the parents my 3 children go to this school and i end up paying for them to enjoy a public school. I find this very wrong!

Posted February 12, 2006
This school had great faculty and administration from 1996-2002. My children are out of elementary school now, but stony creek had a lot more to offer than any other schools in the area.

Posted January 01, 2005
When I attended Stony Creek Mike Conners was my principal, now my own children attend the school and it is such a wonderful feeling knowing he is still there and working so hard for our kids. This school also has a great department for the children with special needs. They go out of their way every day to help. I am very gratful for the staff at Stony Creek and will continue my three childrens education there until junior high school.

7203 South Everett Street, Littleton, CO  80128
Last modified Stony Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.