Posted September 22, 2014
Ute Meadows has been a wonderful school for my boys so far. The school offers a great community feel and it is obvious the teachers and staff genuinely care about the kids. Yes, the test scores are excellent but Ute offers a well rounded learning environment that is not overly focused on testing. There are a a lot of fun activities for the kids to get involved in such as chess club, student council, band/orchestra, choir, movie night, chili cook off, evening of the arts and many others. It is just a great school with a kind staff and nice families. I also love that there are many volunteer opportunities for the parents including the Watch Dog program to get the dads involved. I cannot say enough great things about Ute and I feel very fortunate my kids attend this school. If I could change one thing it would be the class sizes. In some grades there are over 25 kids per class and it would be great if there were less kids per teacher.

Ute Meadows Elementary School 2

Posted August 03, 2014
My child was actually bullied by the third grade teacher and absolutely nothing was done about it. This past year, at least 5 children in my child's class enlisted the help of a tutor.

Posted January 10, 2014
My child attends Ute Meadows and absolutely loves it as do I! I have been so impressed with the passion the teachers and especially the principal have to make Ute the best school in the area. They truly want to see these kids succeed and be the best the can be. The school is extremely well organized and they have loads of fun out-of-school activities that help bring the community together. The parents I have met so far seem to be the kind who really care and want to help in any way they can to make the school a better place. Ute Meadows keeps winning awards and I can see why! There are a lot of people working to make this school the best. My son could not be happier. Of course he loves the specials classes (PE, Music and Art) but he also seems to be getting a lot from the reading program and math and science curriculum too.

Ute Meadows Elementary School 3

Posted October 25, 2013
Good scores aren't everything. Staff is given too much preferential treatment and not held accountable in situations where parents are justifiably dissatisfied. Fine school for kids who fit inside the box. Bullying is not handled properly here. There's more of an emphasis on giving kids ineffective tools to manage it on their own than punishing repeat antagonists.

Posted October 05, 2013
My daughter is in Mrs. Curry's full day Kindergarten class this year and I couldn't be any happier. The entire school uses a ticket system to reward good behavior and it clearly works very well. The kids are kind and respectful and the teaching methods are outstanding. Mr. Weigum, the principle is very involved and friendly and the general community is inviting and close knit. Ute has about every parent in the school enrolled in the PTA. They find a job for any parent, grandparent or care taker who wants a way to contribute, and the Watch Dog program is awesome so Dad's and Grandpa's can be involved too. The school is very small compared to others in the area, so you get to know everyone and the kids do not get lost in the masses. All the teachers know all of the kids and the kids know one another. In a nut shell, this school has everything you could ask for. My daughter has been thriving and cant wait to get up and go to school each day. I'm very thankful we chose and were accepted into Ute Meadows, we love this school!!!

Posted March 23, 2013
Our boys started at Ute Meadows in Jan. We Transferred the boys from Dennison Elem. Its the Best thing we could have done. The boys look forward to going to school and really enjoy the learning environment!

Posted March 11, 2013
This school has one of the only mentally handicapped programs in the entire area and you can really tell the staff is more in tune with the children's needs. My daughter has thrived at this school and I couldn't be more happy than I currently am. We transferred her out of another neighborhood school down the street and boy the difference 2 miles makes is incredible.

Ute Meadows Elementary School 1

Posted February 23, 2013
Lack of leadership is a concern. Teacher quality is inconsistent at best. The principal is mainly concerned with test scores and preserving his monetary bonus. Think twice before enrolling.

Posted May 10, 2010
Great Staff, Wonderful PTA programs, I am impressed!!!!

Posted August 18, 2009
What a great place to raise our children! Great sense of community and support.

Ute Meadows Elementary School
11050 West Meadows Dr, Littleton, CO  80127
Last modified Ute Meadows Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ute Meadows Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top