Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

I've had 4 kids attend Mt. Carbon. Great school! Loving, nurturing environment with high expectations. I highly recommend it.

Our granddaughter attends this school and we have volunteered there several times. As a retired education attorney, I have seen many schools in different states. This school is a top one! The students and teachers are so enthusiastic about learning. Our granddaughter loves going to school every day.

This school is wonderful! the staff and teachers are very involved in our children' s success.

I am familiar with this school and would simply like to ask readers consider who the authors of the negative reviews may be. Meaning, as just one example, a parent may be unhappy with a school because, perhaps, their child is frequently a discipline issue and the parent may believe his/her child does nothing wrong and the reported behaviors of said child are being made up by staff and other students because someone is "out to get them." Additionally, the parent himself/herself may be someone whose own behavior at the school is beligerent, irrational, threatening and also of note, unwelcome in an environment consisting of young children who need to feel safe at school. I know many people at this school well and there is not one who is out to get anyone and they all strive to do what is best for the students. And quite frankly, who really thinks teachers have that kind of free time on their hands?

I Absolutely cannot stand this school. It is by far one of the worst schools I have ever came across. My son has went to school at mt carbon ever since kindergarten and we have had nothing but issues with this school. They do not take care of problems you will call the front desk the ladies at the desk are rude, you call with a problem and a brush it off like nothing ever happened. I thought this school (Jefferson) had no tolerance for bully ing and I have called to talk to the principal numerous of times about the situation and never have I ever got a phone call back. So I have told my son if someone is blowing him to hit them back because the school will not call me and I have to make an appointment To talk to this people.this isn't even all of the problems I've had with the school but it's by far one of the worst schools I have ever came across. my son next year will not go to the school.

I like this school, I don't love it. My child is an above-average student and does not get enough instruction in reading. He rarely gets take-home reading and I seriously wonder if he is getting any reading instruction some days. I don't believe that he gets a regular guided reading (or literature circle) session every day. He may be above average in reading, but still deserves an academic year's worth of growth. The principal does dress inappropriately...short short skirts, thigh-high stockings, and heels. She is very good with the older children, but I think she has a harder time relating to primary students and their needs. Lunchroom lady is a NIGHTMARE! She is such a rude lady and smokes close to the school in her car on breaks.

We moved to the area because there were good reviews about Mt. Carbon and my priority was getting my kids into good schools. I have been thoroughly diappointed. My child is a 6th grader and has had more homework and pressure than my middle schooler. While it is good to prepare them for middle school, 6th grade is suppose to some what fun for them as well. The principal does not dress appropiately while enforcing the dress code. This is confusing for the students and again..highly inappropriate. The favorites game is clearly played at this school. For students who have been here and have stay at home mom's that are buddies with the teachers or principal are definitely treated much better. We came from an area of very wealthy families, there were many cliques and parents very involved with the school but it was nothing like it is here. I am very happy my child is almost done with this school. I would not recommend Mt. Carbon!

I have had three kids attend Mt. Carbon and all have had excellent, caring teachers throughout their years at the school. The staff is knowledgeable and willing to go the extra mile for the children at Mt. Carbon. The children start their schooling with EXCELLENT kindergarten teachers and it continues throughout!

My daughter loves Mt. Carbon and our experiences there have been positive. The teachers and principal are engaged, friendly, and down-to-earth. The one downer is the front office staff. While I know they don't teach, their haughty and negative attitudes can bring a parent down quickly.

I love everything about Mount Carbon - the teachers, the very active PTA, the principal, the school building - it's a wonderful school.

Last modified Mount Carbon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.