Montessori Peaks Charter Academy 5

Posted May 31, 2015
MAP is the best place for my daughters! From their start on MPA they just improve how they behave and they challenge them self day by day.

Montessori Peaks Charter Academy 4

Posted May 28, 2015
This school is far superior than the other three schools our family had attended in Jeffco. The school strives to create a community that is welcoming, kind and giving. We love the one room school house feel that we have when we send our children to school each day. The principal and AP ring a bell at the start of each day as the children are gathered outside while engaging in conversation. The children are in control of their actions and there are little, if any, problems that occur while the children wait for the start of the day. There are many different ways for parent involvement. You just have to decide which ones best fit your needs. Communication could be better between the parent volunteer coordinators for the groups and from individual teachers. Teachers take time to actually know their students as individuals, at least that is our experience with the specialist positions (LMC, PE, Art, Music) and our classroom teachers. I'm sure there are better teachers than some but, thankfully, we've had a good experience so far. Lessons appear to be engaging for my children. There may be some room for really working at accelerating children but it's better than what we previously were receiving at our old school.

Montessori Peaks Charter Academy 2

Posted May 27, 2015
This school is not honest with situations happening with parents or students. They cover up the issue and try to look good. Last night's board meeting at Jefferson County Schools showed the MPA staff has mistreated a family and now must have training for the staff involved. A couple of weeks ago the MPA principal sent out a letter to parents of the school bashing the family involved. It's difficult to trust the administration of this school. What will they say next to make themselves look good?

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted May 27, 2015
I feel very uncomfortable with the staff at this school. I had my doubts before, but now I am more concerned. after the recent Jeffco meeting, I do not trust them. I got that email from the principal, about that everything that was said is not true, but Jeffco said it was, at least to some level. They even said that the school has to do some training because of what they did to the family. That is not what the school leadership said. they said that they did nothing wrong, but that is not the whole story. I feel used by them.

Montessori Peaks Charter Academy 1

Posted May 27, 2015
I am sad that I supported this school. My child has been at MPA for years, and we did not really have too many problems. The schoolwork is not montessori, but that is not a big complaint. My child's teacher is ok, nothing to brag about, but nothing to get too upset about either. What I am really upset about is how we operate. The principal sent out this big campaign about a family, about how they lied. But I watched the Jeffco meeting and heard what their investigator said about MPA staff. They said staff were doing wrong things, even if it did not conform to the exact rules they looked at. They even said they are making 3 or 4 staff (is that more than teachers?) do some kind of training or something. But I got an email from MPA saying they already looked into this and said the family is lying. I never talked to the family, and all the talk around the school was not in their favor. I feel very ashamed of my lack of asking, and for how MPA staff and principal misled me. My child has a year left at this school, and I think he will stay, moving schools is hard. I will never look at this school or the staff the same again. This school is not all bad. there are some good things, and some very nice students. My son has great friends here. I am just sad that I got caught up the fever that the staff spread.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted May 27, 2015
I don't really think children need homework. they should be able to get it done in class.

Develops grit: Neutral

Posted May 27, 2015
I have not seen anything about this for my child. They keep sending home those stupid math sheets, but my son said they never teach him how to do them. so, I guess they are teaching persistence with that?

Develops respect: Disagree

Posted May 27, 2015
I do not think this school is handling things well. I am very disappointed with what I have heard from the staff. They do not respect the parents, and I think this is carrying forward to our children.

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted May 27, 2015
I think the kids are ok, but this is a do what I say, not a do what I do school. There is a very big problem with staff behavior and influencing parents into not paying attention.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted May 27, 2015
I feel very mislead by the staff at this school. After hearing what Jeffco had to say, I feel that MPA lied to me. There needs to be accountability for the leadership of this school. I am concerned about what the big report they talked about will say about what has been going on.

9904 West Capri Ave, Littleton, CO  80123
Last modified Montessori Peaks Charter Academy is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Montessori Peaks Charter Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 65 reviews. Top