Montessori Peaks Charter Academy 1

Posted March 23, 2015
This school is not OK. To any potential family considering this school, please be warned. There are a lot of problems at MPA. To many to list, and a lot of cover up. The teachers have organized things to protect themselves, and the school administrator backs them up every time. As a charter school, this makes them pretty much untouchable, and they act like it.
3 people found this helpful

Montessori Peaks Charter Academy 1

Posted March 23, 2015
Scary problems at MPA. I agree with the last review. Funny, I saw other reviews that had criticism of this school that were very informative, but they are gone now. Makes you think... I have had a kid at this school for years. We have had many problems with the teachers and principal. Every time, things were scuttled away, hidden, kids shuffled around. The school overall performs well because there are very bright children- despite poor performance from many staff.
2 people found this helpful

Posted February 19, 2015
I being reading some comments and I am surprised on some of them. I have two daughters, Pre-K and 4-6 levels, and MPA has being the perfect fit for them. We have to understand that Montessori system is not for everyone, not for every kid, and not for every family. Montessori is not just teachers and students, is by far more than that... is school and families.

Posted November 05, 2013
This is our 5th year at Montessori Peaks, & we keep growing to love it more. Our oldest started there in PreK, now in 3rd. Our second child is now in PreK, with the same teacher our first had. She has loved him since he was a little baby in my arms, and it makes us feel so great that both kids are in a place where they are loved and appreciated for who they are. We are very pleased with the academic instruction. In Montessori, it's basically like each child has an individual learning plan, so there is no limit to how far they can progress. They don't have to stay with the class or be kept back "at grade level." Our older child has tested "gifted" in multiple areas (we haven't tested the 4yo yet), but our kids are already getting a gifted & individualized education, so there is no need to move them for giftedness. We love that each classroom has two full time teachers: a lead teacher and a co-teacher. That support for the faculty helps enable them to have the patience & attention to get through each day being the best teachers they can be. We also appreciate the excellent "specials" instruction: music, art & PE. We are looking forward to our 3rd child being old enough to attend!

Posted October 11, 2013
This school is absolutely amazing! We sadly were only able to attend for a year (2012-2013) because we moved out of state BUT we had an amazing experience! I had read a few reviews about bullying, and not being challenged and wonder if these people tried working with administration? We had a bullying incident that was wonderfully handled immediately very well and professionally when I took it to the super amazing principal. We also dealt with teachers that weren't best fit for one of our kids and again administration was outstanding. Obviously every teacher isn't going to be right for every kid but if you have good administration (which this school does) you can get the right fit. The community is caring, welcoming and the staff all the way from the top down genuinely care - I highly recommend this school - five stars for sure!!

Montessori Peaks Charter Academy 2

Posted September 29, 2013
This school does not make sure to provide challenging work. If your student is above average, they will not be challenged here. However, some teachers break the stereotype. Also, our child has had bullying problems here. The art program is enjoyable, though.
2 people found this helpful

Posted September 26, 2013
MPA is a school that allows a community of students to individualize their education experience based on their own readiness to learn and styles of accumulating knowledge.

Montessori Peaks Charter Academy 4

Posted July 09, 2013
After being in this school for a year, my daughter is now more respectful and increased their self-confidence.

Posted October 29, 2012
I have my third child going to MPA now and couldn't be happier. Jeffco keeps asking for more and more $ to fund the regular system which clearly isn't working and is full of waste, while MPA and other schools do a fantstic job with every penny they have. When you have as much administration as you do teaching staff (as in most other schools), it's no wonder you've blown your budget.

Posted May 29, 2012
I cannot say enough wonderful things about this school. We've been here 9 years. The Montessori philosophy emphasizes self direction and personal responsibility in the classroom, so it does take a little extra support from parents. Kids are taught to work out their differences peacefully. There is MUCH less bullying here than in a traditional neighborhood school; as when my kids go to various summer camps they come across much "tougher" kids than in school. All of my kids love reading, love going to school every day, and are at least one grade ahead in math. My sixth grader tested into algebra for middle school - Montessori math uses manipulatives to teach complex concepts. I wish I could have had that advantage! The teachers at this school are amazing. They are dedicated to teaching the whole child - its not just about academics here. They also really care about helping kids develop as responsible citizens. Kindness, compassion, and community are core principles of every classroom. The principle greets the kids at the door every day - she's always available and open to meeting with parents. My kids have developed a passion and hunger for learning here...priceless!

Montessori Peaks Charter Academy
9904 West Capri Ave, Littleton, CO  80123
Last modified Montessori Peaks Charter Academy is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Montessori Peaks Charter Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top