Posted July 07, 2014
My son went to school here for Kindergarten and 1st grade. The teacher:student ratio is well balanced and most of the staff is very friendly. Every school is going to have some issues but overall this school deserves a 10-star rating. He has excelled in those 2 years and I am very sad to be removing him from this school.

Centennial Academy Of Fine Arts Education 3

Posted May 22, 2014
I have had a student here for over 2 years now. The teachers need to make sure that their students LEARN in class and not expect the parents to do it at home instead. Homework turns into hours because they don't know the work after just a quick run through during the day to get on to an art's class. I have spoke with several parents and they are all experiencing the same issues. There is too much emphasis on crafts like weaving on pipe cleaners, when that time should be invested in the child's EDUCATION instead. If they are not doing well in the basic fundamentals, then they need to scale back on the art's a little. I mean, learning to play a recorder is NOT going to help them to excel in school when they do not understand their math or are not reading at their grade level. They should focus on the basics with the two elective art's classes instead of the extra art's classes that they have also. A lack of supervision on the playground, the kids are allowed to play in the field of the park that is open to the public and has people walking through all day. I've heard of teachers being on their phones instead of seeing kids being bullied. We are moving to a traditional school instead.

Centennial Academy Of Fine Arts Education 4

Posted October 02, 2013
Centennial Academy and the entire Littleton Public School district works hard to provide each student with a great education. The school's focus on the arts, especially music, has surpassed the expectations set over 10 years ago when it started the program. While there are some problems with discipline, each staff member does what they can to support the students and provide a safe place for them. My child is now in 5th grade and I am proud of her achievements, with the care and guidance of such great teachers. Centennial now has several new faces on the teaching staff, which allows the school to change and grow, something that the principal, Mary Ellen Dillman, always promotes. This school is one of the best! And the parent group also works hard to fund the "extras" that school s today need.

Posted October 02, 2013
We love this school, all 3 kids do great here. We really like the way they handle all issues. My kids are learning so much more then they ever would other wise. we love all the staff too!

Centennial Academy Of Fine Arts Education 1

Posted July 24, 2013
This school is not the place to go. While I attended Centennial, bullying occured as like in other schools, but since the school is trying to stop bullying, I told the assistant principal. As so, the teachers did NOTHING about it. I was shocked. They wanted to stop bullying in the school yet they didn't do anything to disipline the kids that were doing such things. Among the teachers at this school, there are many good ones, and other not so good ones that show favoritism to the students. As a CHOICE of school i would not decide to go here.

Posted March 17, 2011
The teachers are amazing and attentive. The arts programs are just as amazing. They have everything from learning to play musical instruments to drama to learning games from around the world to pottery and so much more. The before/after school program are also top notch. I trust that my child is very well looked after on the days he goes to sacc (school aged child care). I have nothing but good things to say about this school.

Centennial Academy Of Fine Arts Education 2

Posted October 02, 2010
I agree with an earlier post, there's a lack of supervision and extremely poor communication. Discipline is both over and under reactive, extremely disorganized with inconsistent or no policies followed. Our child has been punished by a teacher for the teacher's failure to communicate on several occasions, the child did nothing wrong. There is a real dichotomy between regular academics and the arts, they are not integrated properly as you would expect of an 'arts' school. The problems are hurting our child, we will be getting into another school in the fall if not sooner.

Posted October 01, 2010
This school is great. It has a very diverse student body, great arts program, an engaged staff, committeed parents, and excellent growth scores in reading and math. Check out our growth scores at schoolview.org. The schools enrollment is shooting up becuase other parents think this is a great place for thier kids and choice in.

Posted October 01, 2010
Centennial is a wonderfully, diverse school bringing famillies from many parts of SW Denver together for the arts and music program. It has challenges like all schools, but school-wide programs have been put in place to address issues mentioned in other posts from the spring. One of the reasons we chose this school is because it has many different kinds of students - unlike some of the neighboring schools. I continue to be thankful for the caring teachers and staff.

Centennial Academy Of Fine Arts Education 1

Posted August 12, 2010
I am pulling my two children out of this school. There is a extreme lack of supervison and lack of appropriate communication. Letters regarding strep throat come home every other day but nothing when something is more serious and extremely harmful. The emphasis on fine arts is not balance appropriately with the academics. It's very disconcerning when my 1st grade child brings hours of homework home and then tells me how the class watched Nemo. I spent many hours checking in and they did spend an awful amount of time in front of a TV which is appalling and should be to any taxpayer or parent. The principle seems to think that she and her staff are a protected class of people who are not obligated to answer to concerned parents....if only we all had the luxory of screwing up at work with no accountability.

Centennial Academy Of Fine Arts Education
3306 West Berry Ave, Littleton, CO  80123
Last modified Centennial Academy Of Fine Arts Education is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Centennial Academy Of Fine Arts Education Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 63 reviews.