Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted December 08, 2015
Ms. Gedde, You are by far the greatest asset that this school has. We were lucky enough to have you as a teacher and I will never forget how amazing you are.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted December 08, 2015
I think the teachers could be much more effective if the system wasn't broken. I have a huge respect for teachers, I don't envy them, and I honestly feel bad that they have to put up with all of this.

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted December 08, 2015
I couldn't tell you. When I think that my kids have all of their homework done and turned in, I find out on their report card that they are missing assignments.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted December 08, 2015
My kids constantly tell me how bored they are, and how much their school sucks in general. That is coming from a child that loved school. Loved homework. Loved everything about it. Now he hates his days.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted December 08, 2015
There is much to much bullying going on to say that respect is a huge deal to the school.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted December 08, 2015
My child that has learning disabilities gets no compassion or empathy. She is basically made to struggle through the days

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted December 08, 2015
They are to disorganized and can't communicate properly enough to be honest and fair to our kids

Centennial Academy Of Fine Arts Education 2

Posted December 08, 2015
I have more than 1 child in this school. They all started in kindergarten. I feel that the school has such an emphasis on their "Fine Arts" program, that the rest of their education is going down the drain. I think that its great that the kids are getting exposed to these arts at a young age, however, other elementary schools offer music, art, and PE as well as a well rounded general studies. Also, We had conferences in October to talk about our kids. We had great conferences and felt really good. Then we got their report cards, not 3 weeks later, and the report reflected serious problems for all of them! Behavior, basic class stuff, etc. We are always involved, we keep the communication open with their teachers, and we STILL can't get a straight answer. How can we help our kids at home, when we aren't aware of these issues? It is also worth mentioning that the office staff is rude, too busy, and unhelpful to say the least. The dean is so obnoxious but I have liked the teachers personally. The SACC lady is so miserable and unhappy, I wouldn't ever want my kid to have to deal with her. This school is rated a 6 out of 10 for very obvious reasons. I will be pulling my children out of this school after this year. I'm pretty much ready to put them into ANY other elementary school in Littleton, as long as we don't have to enroll here anymore. 1 more thing. There is not a separation of church and state here. The 4th grade musical (1 of 100 performances you must attend over the year) this year, the children were singing about God. I am all about Freedom of religion for every single child. Not just the little Christians. That is why it should be kept out of the public school. All in all, if you are looking for a mediocre school, with a mediocre staff, and a mediocre education, Centennial Academy might be for you. If you have actual ambition for your kids to excel in life, I would skip right over this one.

Centennial Academy Of Fine Arts Education 5

Posted July 07, 2014
My son went to school here for Kindergarten and 1st grade. The teacher:student ratio is well balanced and most of the staff is very friendly. Every school is going to have some issues but overall this school deserves a 10-star rating. He has excelled in those 2 years and I am very sad to be removing him from this school.

Centennial Academy Of Fine Arts Education 3

Posted May 22, 2014
I have had a student here for over 2 years now. The teachers need to make sure that their students LEARN in class and not expect the parents to do it at home instead. Homework turns into hours because they don't know the work after just a quick run through during the day to get on to an art's class. I have spoke with several parents and they are all experiencing the same issues. There is too much emphasis on crafts like weaving on pipe cleaners, when that time should be invested in the child's EDUCATION instead. If they are not doing well in the basic fundamentals, then they need to scale back on the art's a little. I mean, learning to play a recorder is NOT going to help them to excel in school when they do not understand their math or are not reading at their grade level. They should focus on the basics with the two elective art's classes instead of the extra art's classes that they have also. A lack of supervision on the playground, the kids are allowed to play in the field of the park that is open to the public and has people walking through all day. I've heard of teachers being on their phones instead of seeing kids being bullied. We are moving to a traditional school instead.

3306 West Berry Avenue, Littleton, CO  80123
Last modified Centennial Academy Of Fine Arts Education is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Centennial Academy Of Fine Arts Education Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 71 reviews. Top