Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

With Centennials open door policy to parents, this fine arts elementary school has an outstanding administration. Principal Karla Gruenwald has been a perfect addition in assuring Centennial continues to be culturally and linguistically responsive to the young Littleton demographics that make this school that much more attractive. Fine arts program aside, which my children have had the opportunity of being exposed to certain arts that they wouldn't otherwise, I chose this school because of the diversity. Looking into each of my children's classes, the students are an exact ratio racially that most elementary schools cannot claim. The 4 years we have been a part of Centennial has assured my family that choicing in was the right decision. Absolutely no regrets!

Amount of homework: Neutral

I am not a big believer in homework.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Our students teacher communicate very well where strengths and weakness were to us as parents and also was able to encourage our student to work on those needed areas

Amount of homework: Agree

The amount of home work allows for parents to understand where the class room is at in the different learning levels and where their child is performing.

Develops character: Strongly agree

2nd grade was the first year for our child. We had him in private school before enrolling here. I love the diversity of this school and we did not have any aggressive/bully behaviors as we did in previous years.

This school provides great teaching in the classroom and also offers a great art experience for the childern

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

I think the teachers could be much more effective if the system wasn't broken. I have a huge respect for teachers, I don't envy them, and I honestly feel bad that they have to put up with all of this.

Amount of homework: no rating

I couldn't tell you. When I think that my kids have all of their homework done and turned in, I find out on their report card that they are missing assignments.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

They are to disorganized and can't communicate properly enough to be honest and fair to our kids

I have more than 1 child in this school. They all started in kindergarten. I feel that the school has such an emphasis on their "Fine Arts" program, that the rest of their education is going down the drain. I think that its great that the kids are getting exposed to these arts at a young age, however, other elementary schools offer music, art, and PE as well as a well rounded general studies. Also, We had conferences in October to talk about our kids. We had great conferences and felt really good. Then we got their report cards, not 3 weeks later, and the report reflected serious problems for all of them! Behavior, basic class stuff, etc. We are always involved, we keep the communication open with their teachers, and we STILL can't get a straight answer. How can we help our kids at home, when we aren't aware of these issues? It is also worth mentioning that the office staff is rude, too busy, and unhelpful to say the least. The dean is so obnoxious but I have liked the teachers personally. The SACC lady is so miserable and unhappy, I wouldn't ever want my kid to have to deal with her. This school is rated a 6 out of 10 for very obvious reasons. I will be pulling my children out of this school after this year. I'm pretty much ready to put them into ANY other elementary school in Littleton, as long as we don't have to enroll here anymore. 1 more thing. There is not a separation of church and state here. The 4th grade musical (1 of 100 performances you must attend over the year) this year, the children were singing about God. I am all about Freedom of religion for every single child. Not just the little Christians. That is why it should be kept out of the public school. All in all, if you are looking for a mediocre school, with a mediocre staff, and a mediocre education, Centennial Academy might be for you. If you have actual ambition for your kids to excel in life, I would skip right over this one.

Last modified Centennial Academy Of Fine Arts Education is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.