Bad
Good

We have twin 5 year olds in kindergarten. My kids attended two private schools, one secular and one not prior to attending Field. Field was both as academically challenging, and more emotionally supportive than the two private school experiences we had. We have been impressed with ALL of the teachers, administrators and support staff. My kids are very sad to move forward and leave their kindergarten teacher. Mrs. Raj has become a true source of support for my twins. They have grown leaps and bounds since entering her class. I would happily recommend Eugene Field Elementary to anyone considering a Littleton Public School!

I agree with the last review......all of it is true, if you are white you will be treated differently. Very glad to be done with this school. If you want your child to feel safe and respected and treated fairly don't send them to this school.

My daughter has done relatively well at this school academically, but she is constantly being bullied and no one does anything about it. She has even been physically assaulted by numerous other student's. They do nothing to the kids that assault her and blame it on my daughter. Most of the students that go there are very mean and malicious. The kids are always making fun of my daughter or excluding her because she is white. Even most of the staff treat her poorly while treating kids from other ethnic backgrounds like royalty. Most of the staff is very rude at least to white parents from my observations. If your child is white I do not recommend this school at all. You and your child will be disrespected and treated unfairly. If your child is of another race it will be a great school for them and they will excel.

This school is excellent. I am extremely shocked at the rating. My child has been at this school (we live out of district) and he chooses to be there. I love the staff and they have excellent communication with the parents and love the children. All needs are addressed in a timely manner. There are also wonderful after school clubs.

I have been a parent at Field for 9 years now, during which time we have received our authorization as an International Baccalaureate school. The IB designation means that an inquiry based learning model is used throughout the school, and the kids get Spanish, music, PE and art on a rotating basis (approximately every other day for each). We are very diverse both racially and socioeconomically. Field kids are truly comfortable with people of every ethnicity. In addition, Field excels at reaching kids from one end of the achievement spectrum to the other and keeping them challenged. Our gifted program is amazing. Our teachers and staff are knowledgeable, they give their all, and they care about every single child. Our PTO is relaxed, inclusive, and fun. We are able to enrich the classroom instruction with field trips and guest speakers at every grade level. Field is an exceptional school.

I am stunned to see the undeserved low rating for Field on this website. Field is an EXCEPTIONAL school. Some that complain might not be aware of the IB program and how it differs from an 'ordinary' school. For some students, like my first-grade son, the IB program provides the perfect learning style. It might not be suitable for all children- but I think that the differences make uninformed parents uncomfortable- not the children. My son was thrilled to be introduced to Spanish and other world/international topics! I was a substitute teacher and have had the opportunity to work in many, many schools. I have never found staff as dedicated, knowledgeable, and genuinely caring as I have at Field. They are absolutely committed to providing a clean & safe school, interesting & fun extra-carricular activites for the whole family, and the very best education available for our children. Thank you FIELD!

My daughter has attended FES for almost two years. She seemed to do well in K but has been left behind in the first grade. I very well know she has a problem focusing but being in her classroom I have noticed she has been sat off to the side with another unfocused child. It is just the two of them, while at other tables there are 4 kids. I feel it is easy for her to fall through the cracks because there is to much focus on learning Spanish and about the world then on individual attention. As well as math, reading, writing,and science. They don't make sure the kids have a full understanding of the core subjects before moving on to something broader. Teachers are nice at least in K & 1st grade,(my only experience) although office staff is a bit cold.

Last modified Field Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.