Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

We open enrolled our son at Heritage High School 3 years ago. Our older boy graduated from Jeffco schools and we actually reside in Jefferson county. We have been super pleased with everything about Heritage! The strong sense of community and tradition, the lack of turnover in teachers, the uniqueness from the open enrollment and the positive attitude toward the kids from day #1. Freshmen are welcomed and made to feel it is THEIR school-not that they are "bottom feeders" who don't belong. We've had all positive experiences with sports, the counseling department, most of the teachers and parents. The one drawback is that Heritage has allowed a couple of bad teachers to stay-but I suppose you will see that in any school. I'm appreciative of Heritage and the community of parents & kids and business people for the experiences we've had.

Being a first year student, I would say I enjoyed my time here so far, and hopefully, I would stay here till my graduation. For the reasons of generally amazing and inspiring people in the school, being both students and teachers alike. Plus the great events that take place in the school, being their dances and etc. I honestly don't regret going to do this school, and you shouldn't too :D

This is an excellent, well-rounded, kid-oriented school. Teachers care, and they make themselves available to both parents and students. Student clubs and activities are abundant, and the course prospector offers an unbelievable amount of options. The principal is a fantastic leader who has earned the respect of the students and staff. I personally like that Heritage is tucked away in a quiet residential area. It feels safe and peaceful. No complaints from this mom--except for the non-stop standardized testing, which is a problem in all Colorado public schools, in my opinion. The amount of instructional time taken away through test preparation and testing itself is absolutely ridiculous.

If your child is an athlete stay far away from this school. There is a definite parent problem at this school. There is an open door policy for parents to push their agenda with the inept Athletic Director. Since he does not want to be bothered he gives into the parents whining and complaining. I have never seen so many coaches fired because of parents. What a terrible example they have shown the students....complain until you get what you want. Not the way it works in the real world. Additionally, I have often wondered why an institution whose purpose is to mentor, teach and build children is so focused on finding things they have done wrong instead of encouraging and praising what they have done right. The lack of encouragement is so defeating to the students. Some teachers are great, however I would question some in the math department. One teacher, who claimed to be the department chair, was so inept at math that the students were constantly correcting her. The majority of the class had to hire a tutor to undo what she had taught in class. With the number of great schools in the metro area, stay far away from Heritage High School.

I attended Heritage for two years and found it nearly impossible to adjust. The student body not only lacks diversity, but they are extremely clique - oriented. If you don't fit in with either the jocks, preps, geeks, or smokers, then you are doomed to be a loner at Heritage. I've had a handful of good teachers at Heritage. Unfortunately, many teachers will suffocate their classes with home work. I felt constantly overwhelmed at Heritage. If you are someone who loves white suburbia, fits into a clique easily, and have no trouble balancing large amounts of school & homework, then Heritage is the place for you. -Former student

Wonderful school with a dedicated staff led by a strong, passionate Principal. The administration is helpful and caring. It has a very strong Post Grad department. My children are thriving at Heritage!

I am a teacher at Heritage ahd would like to respond to the February 4th posting about the harmlessness of TP'ing and pouring flour all over the floors of the school as senior pranks. With all due respect, I must say that while these pranks are indeed non-violent, they are disrespectful to people in other ways. Our neighbors do not appreciate their yards being littered with toilet paper, and our school custodians do not need to be cleaning up buckets of flour that has been strewn all over the floors. We need to teach our students to respect others in all ways - not just by refraining from violent activities.

I am a student at heritage. Teachers are wonderful here and help you with school and outside of class are willing to help with anything you need. The administration doesn't just care about grades but about you individually. My peers are great and remember to get involved in sports or theater etc. because you will make a ton of friends and are almost guaranteed in freshman year. If you are between two schools (especially Heritage vs. Arapahoe) choose Heritage, you wont regret it.

We have two students open enrolled at Heritage High School. We visited three Jeffco high schools and Littleton prior to deciding on Heritage. It was the best decision we could have made. It is worth the drive to see the passion that the teachers bring to learning. I've never heard my daughters complain about a teacher. It is exceptional.

This is our third child at this school, and while I think all public high schools are flawed in some ways (and experienced those flaws in another school for two years with one of our children), I am convinced that HHS does it's best to be the best, within the confines of what the LEA will let it do. I'm proud to have my children graduate from there.

Last modified Heritage High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.