Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

Considering the teachers bully the parents, I don't think they care if the kids bully anyone or not.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

They are a joke!!! Do not even waste your time with the principle.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Partly because they have WAY too many kids. But the several teachers we've had here do not know what to do with anything out of the ordinary. I had to remove one of my kids and homeschool them while I found a private school I could afford and worked with her needs. I am trying to move just so my tax money won't go to this school.

The teachers and administration will not help your kid or try to help if they are not your "typical" kid. They are incapable of thinking outside of the box. Do not even bother with the counselors. They make things worse.

We returned to Highland after years at a charter school and have been very happy. My son has 20 kids in his class opposed to 36 that he had at charter school. I was worried that he would not be challenged after attending an "academically rigorous" school. He is thriving and is challenged. I feel the homework load is far less than he had last year and he usually completes the weeks worth by Wednesday at the latest. So far we love Highland and the staff. My son is excited to go to school for the first time in his life. This speaks volumes to me as a parent. This is a great school.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

How can they be with a 1:30+ ratio? I know they are doing the best they can in the situation, but the situation should not exist.

Amount of homework: Disagree

While they do not check the homework, the amount and topics are insane. The homework will cover new topics that my child has not been exposed to.

The school is a huge disappointment. After buying a house just so my kids could attend Highland, I am desperate to find a way out. The class sizes are too large which leads to kids falling through the cracks and not getting any attention. The details that are overlooked by teachers and staff is astounding. The administration will tell you what you want to hear with no follow through. They are also begging for money at every turn, while not offering any solutions to class sizes or more support.

This school seems to be letting my daughter fall through the cracks. It is very disappointing.

My son attended Highland Elementary School. He received an excellent education from experienced teachers that have prepared him well for middle school. I highly recommend Highland.

Last modified Highland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.