Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Mass chaos. Students attempt to light furniture on fire during class. When brought to the attention of admin., zero consequences for this action. Many instances of furniture being tossed from the second floor down to the main level by students. Students are not required to attend class. Rather, they hang out in the hallway, restrooms, or hide from staff in workrooms or other classrooms.

Help me understand how a public school teacher is allowed to aggressively threaten a child with bodily harm using profanity, and is allowed back at school the very next day? This is unacceptable, DPS should not accept this!

Supports LD students: Disagree

My son was verbally assaulted by a teacher. She threatened to knock him out. The principal called the cops yet she's still around our kids. Disgusted parent

We're proud to have all four of our kids at Grant Ranch School! I've been able to witness the committment of a dedicated staff at every stage of development for nearly a decade. Strong academic instruction is balanced with extra-curriculur opportunities and a place our kids are thrilled to go to every day. A new administration in the last year has advanced this positive learning environment even further. We love our school!

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Because the punishments are not appropriate. You can get away with so much in this school and laugh all the way home.

My son has been getting bullied all school year long. Some things were done to ameliorate the problem, but it still continued on. My son was punched in the stomach, and the kid didn't even get into trouble. Thankfully, my son will be going to a new school next year. I hope he doesn't have the same experience. This is something to seriously consider if you want to send your loved one to Grant Ranch. Trust me, it's not worth. Don't put them in any Denver public school. Too many young thugs trying to prove themselves.

I absolutely love this school! It is very diverse and all the staff and families are very warming. My son's teacher Ms. Krueger is amazing, she is going above and beyond to help him become a confident reader and create a goal to be at a 2 grade level reader by the end of the year! You definitely don't come across many teachers who will create higher goals for their students. Can't wait for our daughter to start there, we are so happy!!

As a student that attended this school in 2012-2015 I can say that I was glad to leave. The teachers for the most part were wonderful but the other staff that worked there was a different story. I remeber having to raise my hand to throw away my tray at lunch then one you were at the tray throw away line the janitors were rude. Not only that but the dress code is the dumb.( I'm sorry that my shoulders are a distraction) other than that I can say that I enjoyed what I learned from my teachers there. It's really helped me this year in high school. I just hope that the new principal is better than the Mrs.Weed one.

There is no real control higher up in the administration, for example no one knew who the new principal was until 2 months in to school and that is only because there were a whole bunch of unnecessary rule changes

rude, hard to approach administration. extremely rude vice principal. overall a very unfair school. the teachers are great but the whole 'higher ranked' staff are horrible.

Last modified Grant Ranch K-8 School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.