Littleton, CO
Students enrolled: 1,349

Rocky Heights Middle School 2

Posted December 02, 2014
Disappointed in the direction of this school. So much bullying among the girls and the dress code is not enforced. The amount of wealth from the families that feed into this school has proven to be a drawback on the culture of the school's student body.
2 people found this helpful

Posted July 28, 2014
Great school, great teachers! After first year (sixth grade) and a great long summer, my son is very excited to get back to school. He has already logged on to school website to check his new schedule, teachers and class team! Found out that he has made advanced math. Never thought my son would be so happy to get back to school.

Rocky Heights Middle School 4

Posted May 22, 2014
My son is finishing his 6th grade year at RHMS and we are pleased with the level of instruction he is receiving and with the professionalism of his teachers and the staff. RHMS offers lots of electives and enrichment courses for kids with different interests and preferences. My son is not a sports-oriented kid and he has been able to find clubs and organizations that keep him happy and engaged. Of course there are things I would change if I could (start time, lunch time, more outdoor play time, smaller classes), but for a free, public education, RHMS is a good choice.

Posted May 11, 2014
I am in 7th grade here i have no complaints definitely good teachers and good staff many different choices for electives and after school programs i would recommend this school.

Rocky Heights Middle School 1

Posted April 21, 2014
My 6th grade daughter hated this school for good reasons (several bad teachers, too many students, lack of lockers, little to no differentiated instruction, having lunch at 10:30 am, mean girls, stupid rules, etc.). Luckily, she only had to attend for a couple of months before she changed to a wonderful private school. If private school is not an option for you, register now for any and all charter schools in the area to avoid sending your child here!
3 people found this helpful

Posted April 21, 2012
My two daughters have been in this school for the past 2 years and we really apprecite the teaching staff of this school

Posted December 29, 2011
Our son has had a great experience. The teachers and counselors have been very supportive.

Rocky Heights Middle School 2

Posted October 04, 2011
After reading several reviews, I was pretty stunned. Our child attended 6th grade in the 2nd year RHMS opened its doors to 6th graders. It appears as though the same problems exist. Counselors are an issue--Very Placating. Staff seems unable or unwilling to find easy resolutions to quick fix problems. Some good teachers leave this school. I don't know why. But, they teach elsewhere. As was mentioned by someone else, I too, am concerned about PE teachers/coaches here. We found programs outside of this school to be much more professional with kids.
2 people found this helpful

Rocky Heights Middle School 4

Posted October 02, 2011
I love this school! I am in the 7th grade and it is SO much fun! All the teachers here are awesome, and know what they're talking about. The principal is very nice, and the academics programs are good too. I can't wait to be in 8th grade here! Go nighthawks!

Rocky Heights Middle School 1

Posted June 13, 2011
My 7th grade year wasn't too bad (at the time the school didn't have 6th grade), but my 8th grade year was terrible, and led me to the decision to attend a private high school. Overall, the kids were immature and not focused. The teachers are okay, and the good ones don't stay. I was not challenged in academics.

Rocky Heights Middle School
11033 Monarch Blvd, Littleton, CO  80124
Last modified Rocky Heights Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rocky Heights Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top