Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Handles bullying effectively: Agree

No school can have a _perfect_ record on this, but at Fox Creek they have taken measures both to prevent it as much as possible and to deal with it effectively when it inevitably does arise and minimize repetition of the behavior.

Supports LD students: Agree

Limited personal experience here but I know that special-needs kids are integrated into "regular" classrooms for at least parts of the day, always with a therapy assistant or teaching helper selected for proficiency with each kid's needs.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The rhetoric of character is melted seamlessly and liberally into everything they do and several systems are in place for peer reinforcement and parent involvement.

A great school starts with great leadership. Principal Brian Rodda is an exceptional leader. I have been able to observe his leadership in the context of his interactions with parents and students, and in the context of dealing with some hard and uncomfortable stuff. I've been highly impressed by his thoughtfulness, his intentionality (though I hate that buzzword), and the care he takes in the messages he gives the students. Though I haven't observed his interactions with staff, evidence that it too is excellent comes through in the way the teachers and other staff members talk about Brian and in their obvious and genuine affection for him. Our kids came from a top school district in the San Francisco Bay Area—a California Distinguished School—and we have found Fox Creek to be a superior school in every way. One of only 161 Expeditionary Learning schools in the US, Fox Creek is a school you should definitely consider. I hear through the grapevine that 2017-18 enrollment has left room for a few more students.

We've been at Fox Creek for 8 years, and we've watched it grow and develop in many ways. The community feeling is wonderful. The recent change to an Expeditionary Learning school has been a positive change. Kids immerse themselves into their learning and take responsibility for being a part of a bigger community. Teachers are first-rate. The administration is forward-thinking and welcoming of parental support and involvement. Student clubs are varied and offer opportunities for kids with all kinds of interests to get involved. The PTO is active and really wants what's best for the kids. I can't imagine my kids growing up at another elementary school.

I live in the community and love Fox Creek Elementary. The teachers and staff are wonderful as well as the parents. They really strive to teach the children how to interact with integrity and compassion as part of their education. I have been more than happy with my children at Fox Creek.

Fox Creek is such a fabulous school! I have absolutely nothing negative to say. From summer communications by my son's Kindergarten teacher scheduling park playdates for all of the students assigned to her class for the upcoming year (awesome), to the beautiful school grounds, to the "specials" offered (music, art, technology, gym) to the principal playing guitar on the first day and singing along with students, etc... the list goes on and on. Staff is friendly, helpful, and they actually enjoy the children and get to know each and every child's name. PTO is incredible and schedules so many fun activities to raise money for the school, to help out in the community and to bring school families together. Also, the care and concern for the safety of all children there is first and foremost with constant communication on safety procedures, watch dog dads,etc. The quality of teaching just blows me away. My son learned to read, do math, explore his artistic side, be active and grow in his confidence and independence. All of this in Kindergarten! We are moving out of state and I pray that we will find a school as good as Fox Creek! Thank you for giving my son such an amazing start!

Before we open enrolled at Fox Creek last year we did our homework. We toured several schools and interviewed principals and teachers. A lot of what the other schools were talking about Fox Creek was already doing. We are so happy to be part of the Fox Creek family. The administrators and teachers are the best in the district, the PTO is very active, the parents are engaged, and the students are happy and respectful all of which make Fox Creek a great environment. I would highly recommend Fox Creek!!!!!

All three of our children have attended Fox Creek. Our daughters have moved onto high school and middle school respectfully and have thrived both academically and socially. There is no doubt that the Fox Creek administration and teachers exceeded our expectations in providing a solid foundation for them to build upon. Our son presently attends Fox Creek and he loves it! Upon arrival, you will find the most welcoming atmosphere; loaded with high energy and comprehensive focus of instruction. The administration, teachers, staff and PTO are second to none; we love Fox Creek!

This is our fifth year at Fox Creek and we couldn t be more pleased! Both of my boys love the school and their teachers. The teachers are amazing. We ve had some behavior difficulties at times with the boys, and the teachers have always worked with us to find the best solution for our kids. When you walk into the building, you are greeted like family. Parents are always welcome to volunteer in the classroom, get involved in activities, or just hang out and observe. The before and after school care program is top notch great teachers and a really family feel. It doesn t get much better than at Fox Creek!

Last modified Fox Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.