Bad
Good

There is a reason this school is hard to get into. It is fantastic! Mr. Munier is the most selfless school leader I've ever met. The entire operation runs like a well-oiled wheel. Academics are excellent, and teacher turnover is lower than any charter school I have ever seen. We enrolled our child for middle school, but I wish we would have started in kindergarten.

We were fortunate enough to be chosen by lottery to attend PRA five years ago and couldn't be happier! I have three children of different academic proficiency at PRA, and all three are doing well. Parent participation and volunteering is required, which helps to keep the school at the high level that it achieves every year. Children are held accountable and there is a strong focus on preventing and dealing with bullying. I feel that the small size of the school helps my children excel and I am happy to not have to send my children to the enormous middle schools in the area. They will be more than ready for high school with the extremely rigorous academics. My children are learning in the lower grades what my friends' children at other local schools aren't learning until upper grades. I cannot say enough about the calibre of the teachers, and with a new principal this year it is exciting to see the changes coming that will make the school even better.

I love this school. I have 3 kids in the school that have gone there since kindergarten. The school is very good about catching up students that are behind and fulfilling the needs of those that are ahead. The principal is excellent, and the governing board does a great job of making sure that the school is financially responsible. Some time the parents can be a little over the top, but I guess that is one of the reasons why the school is so great.

We were fortunate enough to have been chosen in the lottery for this school. I have 2 children currently enrolled at PRA. They are challenged but very happy. Over the past 6 years I have encountered excellent teachers and staff. The administration is very responsive and feedback is encouraged and solicited. The expectations for the children are very high- this may not be a fit for all families. While the standards for academic excellence are high (the test scores speak for themselves), the school also focuses on nurturing children to be citizens with good character. Any reports of bullying are taken very seriously. As with any school or workplace, there will be politics and folks unhappy when unpopular decisions are made. My biggest pet peeve are parents that keep their kids at PRA the entire 9 years, derive all the benefits, and then speak poorly of the school on the way out, suggesting, it s not as good as it used to be . Being here is a choice, and we re glad to be a part of the PRA community.

We have been a part of this school for 9 years and it is not the same school it was when we started. The funding is drying up in the district and since PRA only gets about half of "public" schools funding, they have to go to extreme measures to make up for the shortfall. So the school is becoming a place that is run by a few well-heeled, sycophant families. The academics are mixed. On one hand you have a some exceptional teachers, especially in the middle school - English being a stand out. And on the other, you have math, which is a black hole at this school. The middle school has been through 3 math teachers in 4 years and none of them very good. Unless you are supplementing at home, your child will not be prepared for high school math. Teacher/staff turnover can be high at times because this is a very political place to be a teacher. If a parent doesn't like you, you are gone. They love to test at this school, which pleases some parents because they see all of those awards, but the students pay for it with major stress. There is no perfect school I suppose....

We have been fortunate enough to be associated with Platte River Academy for many years. We are so grateful for the amazing educational opportunities our children have received while attending PRA. At Platte River you find teachers and staff that go the extra mile. They geniunely take interest in each student and work with them to learn and develop. Core Knowledge curriculum is amazing and the kids are excited to learn. You couldn't ask for a better educational experience for your kids!!!

The Core Knowledge curriculum gives a strong foundation to Platte River Charter Academy. Teachers, staff, students, and parents model respect as they interact and learn together.

I couldn't ask for a better school than PRA. It's not only academically rigorous, but it's also a wonderful community. The teachers and administrators are supportive and attentive to the needs of the students. I am thankful every day that my children attend such a wonderful school.

We are very grateful that our children attend Platte River Academy. The teachers in each grade (just two classes per grade) work closely with one another. Most of the teachers know all of the students' names. The school focuses on having each student be the best student he or she can be. The core curriculum helps students learn age appropriate information about topics. For example, in kindergarten students learn a song about the continents. In first grade the children learn where the continents and oceans are located on a map. The concept is added on to each school year so that the students really understand the learning principle. I also enjoy the festivals the students have each year. In kindergarten there is a Harvest Festival; in 1st grade there is a Fairytale Festival; in 2nd grade there is Western Expansion; and in 3rd grade there is a Native American festival.

Last modified Platte River Charter Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.