Bad
Good

Posted May 18, 2015
Wildcat Mountain Elementary is an exceptional school! I transitioned both my daughters from another Douglas County school that was not run as well unfortunately. As a parent, I am extremely satisfied with the higher goals they push the children to achieve at Wildcat Mountain. This school definitely feels like a private school, especially in respect to benchmarks, challenging homework, testing measurements and teacher involvement. The teachers are very attentive and proactive to make sure both my daughters are getting the proper instruction they need to succeed, even with supplemental instruction. The front desk staff and principal are always very positive and helpful as well.

Wildcat Mountain Elementary School 4

Posted July 16, 2014
My boys attended Wildcat Mountain for several months during a transition period when we moved from out of state. I have to say the front desk staff and principal were awesome and so was my 1st graders teacher, Brittany Putnam. The only thing I would say is lacking is support for kids with extra needs. My kinder kid was really struggling across the board. Despite my working with him at home he wasn't grasping concepts and it took me going to the principal to get him into a special reading and math group where he would get more help. 2 weeks later he was back in a regular group continuing to struggle. On the opposite side of the spectrum my 1st grader needed more challenging work and was very bored and his needs we're also never met.

Posted June 27, 2014
The teachers are by far superior, the school seems private. Love Love Love our school. Very organized. The principle and vice principle truly run the best elementary school in the state of Colorado. Why because this school has the resources for ANY additional help that is needed in any area. There is a team in the resource section of the school that are loaded with skills and academic education that help out tremendously. This includes reading, language, social, psychological, you name it...... Mountain Elementary has it.

Wildcat Mountain Elementary School 4

Posted July 10, 2012
Wildcat is a truly special school. There is a ton of parent involvement and the commuity REALLY cares about this school and students. Each time I walked in the front door I was greeted with smiles from the kids and staff. The school values its parent volunteers greatly. My child loved kindergarten and looked forward to school every day.

Wildcat Mountain Elementary School 2

Posted May 24, 2012
The school is clean and has high parent involvement. Teachers are hit or miss - some are good, some are going through the motions and some should not be allowed to teach ANYWHERE. The administration puts up walls if your child needs additional resources and will just push students through whether they are learning or not. The front office is horrible. After three years we are finally taking our children to a charter school that will hopefully focus more on student progress and less on the staff.

Wildcat Mountain Elementary School 1

Posted May 24, 2012
We are frustrated wtih the school and their staff. We have been less than pleased and will be taking our children elsewhere next year.

Posted October 30, 2010
This is my first year at Wildcat and it has been a great school. The parent support is wonderful. Wildcat far exceeds the experience that I had in a state recognized Cherry Creek school. I have a student that is very high and they are able to keep her challenged. I'm glad we made the switch.

Posted October 20, 2009
We love Wildcat Mountain - this is our first year in kindergarten and it has been an amazing experience. We have seen such academic growth in our daughter in such a short amount of time. The kindergarten curriculum has been great and our daughter loves it. The staff is friendly and helpful. Everything has been very impressive.

Wildcat Mountain Elementary School 3

Posted August 22, 2007
My kids attended this school for three years and enjoyed it, but academically I feel like they were shortchanged. There was little control over the kids and very little discipline. The quality of teaching was average, and in some cases I would go so far as to say poor. The Principal gives free reign to the teachers, but is very controlling and repressive when it comes to fundraising and innovation. The level of safety at the school is questionable, or it was when we were there. In my opinion, and based upon what I've heard from parents of kids at other schools, Wildcat Mountain is no better than any other public school in the area.

Posted January 17, 2006
Wildcat Mountain is an excellent school. Not only is it way above average in testing scores, but it has the most wonderful staff. The staff have created a family enviornment for the children and the community is very involved in the school. We highly recommend this school.

Wildcat Mountain Elementary School
6585 Lionshead Parkway, Littleton, CO  80130
Last modified Wildcat Mountain Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.