Littleton, CO

Posted August 30, 2012
Colorow has been an awesome school for my daughter and neice. The teachers are amazing and have gone out of their way over and over to ensure the kids understand everything and are getting the absolute best learing experience possible. We couldn't ask for any more in a school.

Posted May 09, 2012
My kids love Colorow Elementary, which I think is the goal for kids to love school, and love learning. The staff is great. This is the kind of school where you can talk to a teacher anytime with out an appointment. This school has great teachers who really understand the kids and their needs no matter where they fall on the learning curve, This is what kind of school I think about when you want a strong community, with great teachers, parents, and kids.

Colorow Elementary School 2

Posted February 08, 2012
When the teachers are frustrated with the curriculum its time to go. We are pulling out of the school next year. When the teachers are teaching 2 grades instead of one and they are more worried about scores and attendance than getting kids extra attention and engouraging growth rather that expecting the kids who excel to wait for the others to catch up. I grew up in Jefferson County but now its time to go until things change. They need to start paying teachers better, get better curriculums and have better more accessible programs for kids who are exceling.

Posted February 05, 2011
My son's in Kindergarten and I'm on my last straw with this school. I'm ready to pull him out. I feel this school has taken all of the fun out of learning. For 1/2 day Kinder., they NEVER get recess as they say there is no time yet other half day Kinders. make time for 10-15min. of free play. They NEVER Ever get to paint or even use markers. There is no creativity or fun and all my son says is he is, "Bored, bored, bored." They've only learned about 12 sight words for this entire year and I checked Blue Heron's website and their K class has learned over 50 for this year. Any time I have addressed an issue with the principal or teacher, such as no recess or free play, why no show and tell, the lack of science and social studies learning, why no painting, etc., all I have been told is that my son would benefit from being in the full day K to get those things. Full day costs $225. We and many others just can't afford to add that to our tight budget. I feel Colorow forces you to pay the fee to get the full benefits of K that half day students are entitled to. The only good things about this school are the amazing PTA and parent involvement. There are some good after school activities.

Posted February 01, 2011
Enjoy having the school close! There has been a steady stream of children/parents leaving this school for the past two years due to the "Changing of the Guard". Several of the teachers and Principal worked together at a previous school and we initially thought this was a good thing until we realized they all cover for each other and pass negative information along to sigmatize rather than teach children. Parents are helpless because when accusations are made (my child was singled out in front of a class as well) the principal forces the teacher, parents and student to sit in a room and work it out rather than investigate the poor treatment. Students are punished for acting out- why aren't these teachers!?!? I just hope that once they close this school these teachers go back to their previous schools and stay away from my children!

Posted December 18, 2010
This has been by far the worst year yet we have had at Colorow Elementary. Teachers are to busy to teach individually to children and worse, rude and mean to our kids. I am seriously pulling out. What happened to teachers enjoying teaching? Instead they act more like a mean babysitter, in recent cases yelling and name calling and telling our kids they may end up in jail. Where do you find these people????

Posted November 10, 2010
We are extrememly happy to be a part of the Colorow Community and participate in as much as we can. I feel my children are getting the best attention and education I could ask for. The leadership is outstanding. The Principal has an inate ability to see problems before they arise and nip them in the bud. I believe the teachers are allowed and do find the best teaching level for each of their students. There are numerous after school activities for all ages and the parent participation seems to be growing daily. I highly recommend Colorow for children in all levels of learning.

Posted February 24, 2010
I am proud to have my Student be a part of Colorow he is in the Learning Lab and is in some mainstream classes They helped my son and Say themselves that he isn't as bad as his previous school made him out to be. there whole staff has worked very hard to give the Attention and the needs to my child and to the rest in the learning lab. thank you Colorow for being an Awesome Team. we appreciate what you do. Keep up the good work

Posted August 25, 2009

Colorow Elementary School 0

Posted April 05, 2009
I enjoy the staff and afterschool activities that Colorow has to offer. I also think that the new principal is bring on qualified teachers and excellent programs. Both my daughter and I are very excited and proud about the new staff and improved changes to Colorow. I would highly reccommend this school to anyone new to the area!

Colorow Elementary School
6317 South Estes St, Littleton, CO  80123
Last modified Colorow Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Colorow Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top