Columbine Hills Elementary School 3

Posted February 28, 2014
My child has been at this school for a couple of years now. I would say the school is ok. I love the small community. The office staff is always so friendly and helpful. This school has terrible communication! I feel a typical child would do fine but a child who does not learn in a typical way will be shuffled through the system instead of getting any sort of help. Bullying is an issueith no communication from teachers or staff. My child came home with a very noticeable mark on the face and no one did anything. Many times the paras who are with the children outside are not paying attention and are not helpful in keeping the children safe and write off any issues they seem more interested in chatting with one another. The staff that does extras like gym, art and music seem to have very little control of the students. We are looking for a new school for next year.

Posted February 13, 2014
Great community of parents, teachers and students. My kids have gone here since kindergarten and have had wonderful teachers and have made a lot of friends. We have joined the PTA and several other school activities and love it!

Posted February 05, 2014
My daughter has been going to CHE since Kindergarten, we love CHE. The teachers are wonderful and I have been very blessed with the teachers we have had so far, and the staff is great as well!! The PTA is amazing and they do a lot for our kids, sponsor the Halloween Dance, Spring Fling, Science Fair Family Night, they give money to the school for curriculum and technology and much more! The PTA has made a lot of recent changes, and has been very welcoming to any parent who wants to be be a part of the PTA . I love being involved with things going on at the school and the PTA makes that possible.

Posted January 28, 2014
We love our small school, it is a wonderful community to be a part of! Wonderful teachers! Very pleased with the turn around in the PTA in recent years to include more people. Love the activities offered like Science Fair, Halloween Dance, Theater Club, Audubon Society, and other clubs.

Posted January 15, 2014
Very poor principal leadership. Elitist PTA. Teachers do not communicate with parents except at conferences...and sometimes this is too late to address problems. Principal highly favors mothers over fathers regarding educational communication. Fifth and sixth grades are now combined to deal with student loss.

Columbine Hills Elementary School 2

Posted May 14, 2013
Loved the school when my kids were in Kindergarten & 1st grade. After that, it was downhill. The school claims they won't tolerate bullying, but it's only talk. When it was happening to my daughter, they did absolutely nothing about it. The principal is inaccessible on an everyday level (the old principal was so much better) & forget joining the PTA. If you aren't already part of their crowd, you will never feel welcome.

Posted May 08, 2013
school did not inform us of injuries, bullying in and out of classroom.teacher has no control of classroom,numerous meetings with nothing resolved, principal does nothing but make excuses for teachers.poor leadership, poor classroom control.

Posted January 17, 2012
We have had numerous issues with his teacher, and scheduled meetings with the principal, but nothing has changed. Then, in November, another student held an open pair of scissors to our son's throat and threatened him violently. We were never even contacted by the school about the event, but found out by a guardian of the child who did it almost 3 months later. It is ridiculous!

Columbine Hills Elementary School 5

Posted October 26, 2008

Columbine Hills Elementary School 3

Posted May 19, 2008
My child went here for kindergarten and 1st grade. Her teachers were nice and she loved them, but the curriculum never impressed me. When we switched schools she was way behind in math. The school has poor communication with the families, like sending out misleading information regarding school functions. Also, for some reason they were never able to get the classroom info on their website up and running. The website doesn't give you in depth info and I had to call the office to verify most information or ask questions. At times I was given incorrect information from them as well.

Columbine Hills Elementary School
6005 West Canyon Ave, Littleton, CO  80128
Last modified Columbine Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Columbine Hills Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top