Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

The school has a realistic expectation of homework. There are many studies saying homework doesn't improve students success.

The entire staff in incredibly student centered. I feel like if I have a concern it is address in a timely manner and resolved. I think the academics at the school are good and have been every impressed with both of my children's writing in the last few years and most of all the community is the best!

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

most teachers are very enthusiastic and use websites to tell parents how thier kids are behaving in school

Amount of homework: Agree

very effective on homework now notifying my parents using missing assignment slips to tell parents that your child is missing assignments and that you can help them or if your child needs help one on one from their teacher.

I am a student at Columbine hills and I have been there for the last six years and from my experience C.H.E is a school with an amazing staff. Including the Principal Christa Wilson she is an amazing principal that encourages physical activity such as a tech run where you collect money for tech and run laps to win prizes. Another thing we do is Tune up Tuesday every Tuesday morning at 7:30 many kids come to school 30 minutes early to get in there physical activity for the day. We also have Fuel Up to Play 60 which is a program sponsored by the NFL where you add up how much exercise you get everyday and if enough kids in your school participate you can get a special visit from a famous NFL player such as DeMarcus Ware . We are also a healthy school we have abandoned almost all unhealthy choices such as soda,chips, and candy. Which really is an amazing way to keep our kids and school healthy. - Dakota

Students are happy and thriving. Teachers and staff are personable. Free all day kindergarten program is a plus. K-6 is also a plus.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Rules are consistent for all students. Bullying is not tolerated. Any questions I have had have always been fully addressed in a respectful way.

I have had at least one of my five children choice enrolled in this school since 2005. We chose this school because of the exceptional teachers and staff who go above and beyond to give the school a comminity feel and to give the kids extra opportunities. They are enthusiastic and work hard to teach in the style that each child learns. We have remained through the years because of their academic growth, the plethora of excellent extra-curricular offerings, great test scores, opportunities to volunteer and be active at the school, and great communication. We have been incredibly pleased with the direction and involvement brought by the new principal last year and look forward to being a part of the community for many more years.

My child is in Kindergarten and loves it. He has come along way and has learned a lot. The communication isn't that great at times , but my son is learning and is improving a lot academically. If he wasn't learning than I'd be really concern. He has a great teacher and a school that really supports him. I'm very greatful and pleased with the improvements he's made. Academically the school is excellent.

My child has been at this school for a couple of years now. I would say the school is ok. I love the small community. The office staff is always so friendly and helpful. This school has terrible communication! I feel a typical child would do fine but a child who does not learn in a typical way will be shuffled through the system instead of getting any sort of help. Bullying is an issueith no communication from teachers or staff. My child came home with a very noticeable mark on the face and no one did anything. Many times the paras who are with the children outside are not paying attention and are not helpful in keeping the children safe and write off any issues they seem more interested in chatting with one another. The staff that does extras like gym, art and music seem to have very little control of the students. We are looking for a new school for next year.

Last modified Columbine Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.