Bad
Good

Students are happy and thriving. Teachers and staff are personable. Free all day kindergarten program is a plus. K-6 is also a plus.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Rules are consistent for all students. Bullying is not tolerated. Any questions I have had have always been fully addressed in a respectful way.

I have had at least one of my five children choice enrolled in this school since 2005. We chose this school because of the exceptional teachers and staff who go above and beyond to give the school a comminity feel and to give the kids extra opportunities. They are enthusiastic and work hard to teach in the style that each child learns. We have remained through the years because of their academic growth, the plethora of excellent extra-curricular offerings, great test scores, opportunities to volunteer and be active at the school, and great communication. We have been incredibly pleased with the direction and involvement brought by the new principal last year and look forward to being a part of the community for many more years.

My child is in Kindergarten and loves it. He has come along way and has learned a lot. The communication isn't that great at times , but my son is learning and is improving a lot academically. If he wasn't learning than I'd be really concern. He has a great teacher and a school that really supports him. I'm very greatful and pleased with the improvements he's made. Academically the school is excellent.

My child has been at this school for a couple of years now. I would say the school is ok. I love the small community. The office staff is always so friendly and helpful. This school has terrible communication! I feel a typical child would do fine but a child who does not learn in a typical way will be shuffled through the system instead of getting any sort of help. Bullying is an issueith no communication from teachers or staff. My child came home with a very noticeable mark on the face and no one did anything. Many times the paras who are with the children outside are not paying attention and are not helpful in keeping the children safe and write off any issues they seem more interested in chatting with one another. The staff that does extras like gym, art and music seem to have very little control of the students. We are looking for a new school for next year.

Great community of parents, teachers and students. My kids have gone here since kindergarten and have had wonderful teachers and have made a lot of friends. We have joined the PTA and several other school activities and love it!

My daughter has been going to CHE since Kindergarten, we love CHE. The teachers are wonderful and I have been very blessed with the teachers we have had so far, and the staff is great as well!! The PTA is amazing and they do a lot for our kids, sponsor the Halloween Dance, Spring Fling, Science Fair Family Night, they give money to the school for curriculum and technology and much more! The PTA has made a lot of recent changes, and has been very welcoming to any parent who wants to be be a part of the PTA . I love being involved with things going on at the school and the PTA makes that possible.

We love our small school, it is a wonderful community to be a part of! Wonderful teachers! Very pleased with the turn around in the PTA in recent years to include more people. Love the activities offered like Science Fair, Halloween Dance, Theater Club, Audubon Society, and other clubs.

Very poor principal leadership. Elitist PTA. Teachers do not communicate with parents except at conferences...and sometimes this is too late to address problems. Principal highly favors mothers over fathers regarding educational communication. Fifth and sixth grades are now combined to deal with student loss.

Loved the school when my kids were in Kindergarten & 1st grade. After that, it was downhill. The school claims they won't tolerate bullying, but it's only talk. When it was happening to my daughter, they did absolutely nothing about it. The principal is inaccessible on an everyday level (the old principal was so much better) & forget joining the PTA. If you aren't already part of their crowd, you will never feel welcome.

Last modified Columbine Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.