Bad
Good

Our experience has been very positive at Dutch Creek! Great and caring teachers, paras, and principle. I feel that the children receive a very well rounded education. Great before and after school programs are offered that are fun as well as diverse to the children. Lots of great events hosted by the PTA that involves the entire family . The high focus on the positive and a great education is a win win at Dutch Creek. We feel fortunate that this is our school!

Dutch Creek takes great pride in caring for our children, the math and reading programs are A+

The new programs being offered for both Math and Reading have really made a difference in challenging my daughter at school. Her teacher has been great! We love the loop program that Mrs. Oliver has been able to participate in. This year she also offered a short Summer program at the library. It was a wonderful way to keep the kids in a learning mode. It is so nice to actually have a working relationship with our teacher! Mrs. Pennell is the greatest! I have noticed a marked change in the students, staff and parents since she came on board! I would recommend this school to anyone who was moving into the area.

My daughter started at Dutch Creek in Spring 2011. She was moved here from her home school when they could no longer provide a quality education for her. My daughter was put into the LLC (Literacy Learning Center) at Dutch Creek. This program is WONDERFUL! The teachers are GREAT! My daughter is dyslexic and had made more progress in the 2 months she has been there than she did in over a year at her other school. Don't let the great schools rating for this school make you think less of Dutch Creek! This school is on top of it! Mrs. Pennell is a excellent principal. Her and all the teachers expect the very most out of every child in this school. Test scores have improved tremendously over the past few years thanks to Mrs. Pennell and all of the teachers. This principal and the the teachers work together! They are dedicated in making sure your child gets a proper education. Our home school is rated an 8, which Dutch Creek is currently rated a 6. I would take Dutch Creek over our home school any day!

This school is very on top of their educational skills & this year they are teaching a new math program that I guess is being instituted all over Jeffco Schools. Mrs Pennel truly cares about 'all the kids' and takes what parents tell her & does something with it. No parent's suggestion is ever ignored! The staff at Dutch Creek is exceptional, & the Specials Programs are Top Notch & The Teachers who teach them are extremely creative & keep kids excited about Music, Art, and Physical Education. I am also impressed with the lunches that are provided at the school. Very healthy & well balanced meals with many choices for the kids. My kids would rather eat hot lunch than bringing lunch to school! Also the Speech & Language Program at Dutch Creek & the staff they have is extremely top notch & dedicated to every student in the program!

Dutch Creek has fantastic potential and now has a dedicated principal to lead our team of parents and teachers to success! We are all very excited to have Mrs. Pennel as our principal. She comes from Cherry Creek Schools and has loads of teaching administrative and teaching experience. Watch out World! Here comes Dutch Creek!

Last modified Dutch Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.