Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

This is a fantastic school. I have a GT son who is now in 8th grade. The teachers for GT as well as band have gone out of their way to coach, develop and motivate him. The principal is hands on and aids in creating an inclusive positive environment.

Wonderful staff that really care about students. They make sure every student is safe and working at or towards their highest potential.

I am a graduate of Ken Caryl, and I was not impressed. The staff isn't responsible or respectful. The principal didn't care what students thought, all he worked on was torturing us at lunch with his gosh-awful "singing voice" and humiliating kids with the Happy Birthday song which had sent me into tears. I was in the GT program, which could have been better. I have a 504 because I have dysgraphia. The GT counselor was somewhat lazy, my parents and I thought we had a 504 officially typed up like the counselor said she would do, until the end of the year, when she said "Oh, we still need to do that." What really bugs me is that the principal essentially uses empty threats. He always makes ridiculous claims and then never enforces them. At the end of 7th grade, he told me he was going to arrest me, but never did, leaving me traumatized for over a week, to the point where I had to go to a mental hospital. I would not recommend this school. Unless your child is a straight A+ student with amazing tolerance, don't waste your time here. Also, they were really cheezy. They ruined the yearbooks (Which were $40, by the way) with the "#hashtag" stuff. Overall, it was a very depressing 2 years.

This school is doing a wonderful job at preparing kids for high school. The teachers are good and the principal is fantastic. Mr. Sandos is out with the kids in the halls and outside greeting parents at drop off and pick up everyday! Teachers are engaged and supporting kids along the way. I was worried about my daughter going to middle school more for social issues than academic, but within a month I could see I had nothing to worry about. THANKS KCMS!

This school is terrible, there are one or two teachers that are phenomenal, but otherwise they are judgemental of the students, and provide no extra achedemic help. The principle makes the school like a prison, and us rude and stuck up. The conselors provide no help to a student getting bullied, and ignore any pleads for help. The homework load is huge and the sports and gym program are very poor. I CAN'T WAIT TILL I AM FREED FROM THIS HELLHOLE!!!!the school lunches are very disappointing, my best friend once got a sandwich with mold on it, and carrots with pillbugs on it. There are so many health code violations, and the AC and heating goes out leaving this place unbearable.

I can see how the person that made the comments about if your child is not succeeding in this school how it would not do good for them as I can see the teachers, councilors, and principles are always out with the kids walking around making sure that everyone is happy. Its tough to be in two places at once and I agree that they should at least return a phone call because that is irresponsible. However, if your child is in GT it is amazing and mine is. He is happier now then I have ever seen him in school. Their GT program places emphasis on who they are and allows them to be the leaders that they are. Its amazing how much of a change going from a terrible school in TX to an incredibly amazing school with tons of great teachers and students who are not allowed to bully kids who are intellectual. The technology program far exceeds expectations and the kids are way above grade level. There test scores are not what I expect coming from what I see my child learning. He is algebra 1 and in 7th grade and doing an amazing job. The GT teacher is there for him and other students when they need help. I am proud to bring my child here. Thanks to all of you for making him so happy.

Once I pulled my son out of this school, everything turned around. He went from barely passing 8th grade to Honor Role once out of this school. If your child is not having any issues, then you are probably ok, however if he/she is having issues, do not count on the guidance counselors to help out or get your child back on track. Emails, phone messages, voice mails were all ignored and never returned.

This school is the best one i have ever been to. the principal is a lot of fun and Mrs. Coyne is the greatest teacher ever. The only problem is waking up so early to get there. I heard that this school may close next year all suport is apreaciated greatly.

Ken Caryl is the best middle school i could have possibly gone to. The teachers are creative and hands on and the administration is amazing! The teachers at Ken Caryl couldnt have prepaired me better for high school.

This school is asolutely amazing! My daughter is in love with going there! Although, she does have some problems with waking up so early to walk there. Overall, principal Pat Sandos is great for the kids, and the teachers are always friendly!

Last modified Ken Caryl Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.