Littleton, CO

Posted May 15, 2014
Powderhorn elementary is an AMAZING school, one if the best in Colorado I believe! I feel that each day my child's needs are met in a very positive way. When a concern arises her teacher contacts me in a professional manner. Parents are encouraged to teach alongside the teacher at home to help their child meet the rigorous state standards. I feel that the kindergarten homework is aligned perfectly to both state standards and to what my child works on weekly at school. I love homework because it gives me the chance to sit down and get to know my child. You aren't able to request teachers but if you are lucky enough to get Mrs. Czarnek you will not be disappointed, she is loving, a strong teacher, very good at communicating with parents and has a love for learning. She is easy to relate to and I feel confident in dropping my child off at the door with her everyday. I feel welcome every time I step foot in the building from the facility staff to Ms. Rosemary greeting me at the front desk with a smile and positive attitude. I could not have asked for a better first schooling experience for my daughter and I can't wait to see what the rest of the future holds at Powderhorn.

Powderhorn Elementary School 2

Posted March 06, 2014
Powderhorn is a large (600+ students) elementary school with wonderful teachers/staff and above average test scores. Unfortunately, a new principal started in 2013 and has totally changed the dynamics of the school. Parent involvement has decreased (so much so that we probably won't have a PTA next year) and the community feeling is gone. There is not much support for parents - and the new principal doesn't take the time to get to know parents or understand their concerns.

Posted January 10, 2014
My daughter had some behavioral issues at the beginning of the year and the support and attention given to her by the staff and teachers was amazing. Not only did they help address her anxiety, but by being so empathetic to her needs as well as my concerns as a parent, she no longer is exhibiting negative behavior. I couldn't be happier with Powderhorn as a whole. The staff and teachers truly care about their school and community and that is infectious. I have 3 children and have every intention of sending every one of them to Powderhorn!

Posted September 05, 2013
The teachers and staff at Powderhorn have their priorities in order and as a parent I couldn't be happier. The school motto is to be respectful, resonsible and safe. They really live and teach that everyday. It's a great school and the kids are happy there! What more could you want?

Powderhorn Elementary School 4

Posted August 31, 2013
Powderhorn is a great school. The PTO is very active and we LOVE the Watchdog Dad program. The teachers and staff are always nice and you can tell they love the kids. However, if you have a GT child, this is not the place for you. The GT's are dropped through the cracks, which I am sure is common for Public Schools. There are over 650 kids and for the handful that are GT, there is no advocation or extra focus. The lack of understanding that the GT children require and the social and curricular needs are simply not met. This is a great school for the "average" student.

Posted December 28, 2012
A very safe school with a very conscientious Principal. The school psychologist is so amazing and incredibly helpful. I love the Watch Dog Dad program and so do my kids! My only issues are at the County level such as a lack of extra help when children need it. But this school does very well with the resources it is given.

Posted February 23, 2012
Powderhorn Elementary school is a Great school.. Great staff.. Great atmosphere.. Kacey Heinrich.. is a Great Kindergarten teacher..!

Posted February 21, 2012
Warm. Inventive. Supportive. Education. Both of my daughters attend Powderhorn and I couldn't be happier with what the educators and administration provide. The surrounding Littleton community is both beautiful and welcoming. Go Powderhorn!

Posted April 17, 2011
WOW, the school real works hard to continue to challenge my son and daughter. Love the school and the community environment that they encourage.

Posted August 26, 2010
My son has been at Powderhorn for 2 years now, and he absolutely loves it. I am so happy that we chose Powderhorn as his school. The teachers are absolutely wonderful. They love their jobs and it shows through the children they teach. My son was in Kindergarten last year and they do have a monthly homework book and spelling tests each week. Some people may believe it is too much for a young child, but honestly he loved it. Knowledge is everything! Thank you Powderhorn!

Powderhorn Elementary School
12109 West Coal Mine Ave, Littleton, CO  80127
Last modified Powderhorn Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Powderhorn Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top