Posted March 21, 2014
Best thing that could have happened to my daughters. Their kindergarten staff is the best. Overall atmosphere is very good. Surprisingly the school is not affected by the snobbish atmosphere of surrounding parents.

Posted February 19, 2012
We have been at this AMAZING school for 5 years. This school teaches children to be critical thinkers. They have excellent teachers and a strong principal. Who cares that this is our 3rd principal, if they all have strong leadership that is all that matters. Both of my children are academically strong, have excellent problem solving skills and and critical thinkers. We take Pride in LTE

Lone Tree Elementary School 2

Posted January 16, 2012
We recently moved to this school and have been very disappointed. Everyone is very nice and friendly; however, there does not seem to be a priority given to academics. The school is very behind compared to other elementary schools in the district. When teachers are asked about spelling programs, etc. their response is "we're still working on that." Since I am coming from an education background, they shouldn't still be figuring out programs and curriculum halfway through the school year. All the curriculum should be worked out in the summer. When students enter the classroom the first day of school, the teachers should have their curriculum and lessons in place for the entire school year. This could be why the tests scores for this school are low compared to other schools in the area. This school could be great if they got a strong leader to run the school. Three different principals in 5 years does not help. Hopefully, someone at the district level will read this and make some necessary changes at the school.

Lone Tree Elementary School 1

Posted August 04, 2011
A new year and another uninspired, under qualified teacher. The principal left the school one week before opening day, and left her new hire in the hands of the interim principal. Just because you worked in the business world, or worked as a substitute, does not mean you should teach 6th graders! This school has not had ONE year since it opened that the 6th grade team has remained intact. What a horrible way for my son to end his tenure at LTE. What teacher, besides an inexperienced one, tells students "we will not behaving any fun this week" on the first day of school? My son's best friend is in the neighboring 6th grade class, and they are taught to LOVE learning through FUN. Wake up LTE administrators. We have been sold down the river, again.

Posted July 26, 2011
We are very happy at LTE! All my children love going to school and I attribute that to the great teachers they've had as well as the Highly Effective Teaching model. This school is creating learners who can problem solve, self question/evaluate and collaborate effectively. If you think your children learn best in a traditional program (i.e. skill and drill) or you focus solely on standardized test scores then this is not the place for you.

Lone Tree Elementary School 2

Posted March 08, 2011
If you are someone who doesn't mind waiting and hoping for the best then maybe this school is for you but if you are someone who needs data and a proven track record or indication of a prospectively successful track record then this is definitely not the place for you.

Posted July 26, 2010
I have two children at this school and both look forward to each day. We have loved every teacher they have had. The HET model of learning is amazing and I'm so grateful my children have this opportunity. I can't wait for my youngest to start next year.

Posted February 05, 2010
This school has a great staff and my children love going there. I have three kids going there and the school just gets better every year. I like that they offer more then most public schools. It is a very safe school with a lot of possabilities. My child was going to another school in the Cherry Creek district and we had safety issues there. I am glad we found this school!

Posted February 05, 2010
This is a great school with hands on learning that the kids can use in the real word. It is smaller then most public schools so the kids don't get lost in the shuffle like most public schools. The principal is attentive and is very involved in every area of the school. We love this school and will send all our kids here.

Posted January 26, 2010
You will definitely find that the principal, front office leadership and various teachers...unanimously have the children's best interest at heart. This is a very positive environment and the learning possibilities limitless. We are grateful to be here and will leave only when jr. high time arises...thank you to the entire staff....you are an amazing group of people on the same track!!

Lone Tree Elementary School
9375 Heritage Hills Circle, Lone Tree, CO  80124
Last modified Lone Tree Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lone Tree Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews.