Posted November 02, 2011
As an employee of Mtn. View, I am very proud and amazed at the amount of community involvement this school fosters. It is the energy and commitment of our entire community which helped us receive national recognition on two fronts during the 2010-2011 school year. We were ranked third in the national recycling program promoted by Pepsi for our recycling efforts. We also received 2nd place in the Scholastic Book Fair Spring 2011 National Elementary School Contest for our many successes with our Spring Book Fair. You can read all about the collaborative efforts in this article featured in the October issue of the Scholastic e-newsletter: http://www.scholastic.com/bookfairs/experience/articles/2011/oct/a-little-collaboration-pays-big-rewards.asp

Posted April 14, 2011
We love Mountain View Elementary. My daughter has been going here for 2 years of preschool and almost finished kindergarten. She has excelled in reading, spelling, and math because of her teacher Mrs. Thomas. Principal Pitz is a gem. Knows all her students and remembers every fact about them. She is kind and truly wants to make a difference at this school and the community. The staff is very friendly and love that there is art, music, p.e., and computer extra curriculum. We have moved out of state and now that we can compare it to another school, we really appreciate Mt View Elem. even more.

Mountain View Elementary School 4

Posted August 24, 2010
I currently have 3 children in Mountain View, and have been attending Mountain View for three years. The teachers give 100%, and truly care about our students education individually. Thank goodness for open enrollment - I was unwilling to change schools when we relocated out of the area.

Mountain View Elementary School 1

Posted October 28, 2009

Posted December 02, 2008
The preschool program is a hidden gem! 'Miss Robin' is very kind, soft spoken, and patient. She does an outstanding job with letting the parents know how the children are doing. Her aides are a wonderful help and its a great teacher/child ratio (3 to 15).

Posted July 13, 2008
Mountain View is an amazing school. My son has been at Mountain View for the last 3 years. We are moving out of state in a few months and will miss Mountain View very much. He had Mrs. M. for 1st grade, Mrs. M. for 2nd grade and Mrs. C. for third grade. I can whole heartedly recommend all three teachers. I worked closest with Mrs. M. Mrs. M. was my son's special education teacher. He has special needs and was not always presenting his best face at Mountain View. I found Mrs. M. and the principal to be helpful and great at communicating with me their concerns as well as their triumphs with my boy.

Mountain View Elementary School 4

Posted September 21, 2007
My daughter is in the Pre K class and so far so good. She's very shy and I was a bit worried about how she would do. She LOVES it and enjoys all the activies they do. The pre k program is great. I get daily updates about her day and the teacher will call anytime there is any concern.

Mountain View Elementary School 1

Posted June 27, 2006
This school is the worst school you could take your kids to. The teachers have no confidance in the kids. They feel they know your kid more than you do. They get away with treating you and your student badly, because the pricipal allows them to do it. The principal backs the teacher up 100%, even if the teacher is in the wrong.

Mountain View Elementary School
1415 14th St, Longmont, CO  80501
Last modified Mountain View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mountain View Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top