Longmont, CO

Posted August 27, 2013
My wife and I set out to find the best possible schooling and education for our child as parents do. We educated ourselves, visited schools and charter academies. Once we sat down with the Principal of Sanborn Elementary, Mr Wahler and personnel who preside over the front desk and various teachers, the choice was clear. The energy, focus and determination to give children the best possible education and the focus on the overall health and growth of the school just solidified our decision. The managerial, teacher and family participation is incredible. It's about the kids education and growth, right where it should be. Safety precaution are of utmost focus as well and this was an important factor in my family's decision to where we may send our children. Thank you Mr. Wahler and Sanborn Elementary Staff. We made the correct decision based on your passion. Best to you, Quinton Reiff

Posted August 02, 2011
This is a great school! I love the teacher to student ratio, Also the small town feel in a town that out grew, "Small" years ago!

Posted April 05, 2011
I have a 4th and 1st grader attending Sanborn and I couldn t be more pleased. I also have a 6th grader that has moved on to middle school and I am so pleased at her base knowledge that she established at Sanborn. Her middle school days have been so smooth because of Sanborn preparing her not only academically but socially for middle school and beyond. The work ethic and skills the Sanborn teachers teach our students are invaluable for the future of our children. The teacher and staff at Sanborn care deeply for the students and their learning experience. Just two years ago the teachers themselves came up with a program called Dragon Discovery that enables all students to get specific help in their areas of learning need. My 1st grader needed help in reading and during his Dragon Discovery time he went to the computer lab and played reading games. He loved it and had so much fun that he did not realize that his reading improved greatly. Way to go Sanborn for incorporating such a great program that helps all students. Parent are so involved in Sanborn and are encourage to get involved with their students education. I would highly recommend Sanborn. Keep up the great work.

Posted April 04, 2011
I love this school! My son is a student in Sanborn's preschool program. He has learned so much this year that there is no question in my mind that he is completely ready to attend kindergraten next year. His preschool teacher has given him a wonderful foundation for his education. Sanborn is not my son's home school, but I will continue to open enroll him there because of the caring teachers, staff, and students. There are so many programs available for students to improve and enrich their learning during and after the school day. Every decision that is made at Sanborn seems to be made based on what is best for students, which is how education should be. I look forward to see how he grows as a student and person over his next 6 years at Sanborn.

Posted December 02, 2010
My daughter is in her 2nd year at Sanborn Elementary in their preschool program. We are so impressed with everything about this school. Her preschool teacher is amazing!...she's so energetic, creative and caring! We absolutely love her! They are careful to work with the kids at their own level and challenge them creativity and academically. My daughter absolutely loves going to school and that in itself is a sign that Sanborn is a great school. Their principal is so driven and dedicated!...his enthusiasm is contagious. It's quite apparent that he loves this school. When you walk into Sanborn, it's like coming home...everyone greets you with a smile. I also love the way the school is laid out...it's a circular design and the library is central. There are big skylights in all the hallways. We feel so lucky to have such a wonderful school in our neighborhood.

Posted April 07, 2010
I have a 5th grader who has been at sanborn since kindergarden and i have son who is in 1st grade. I am sad that next year my daughter has to move on because she has done so much growing at this school and the pricipal and teachers are so helpful and good. Both my children had delays and because of there awsome programs my children are doing so well and my daughter may not have to have any help next year my son has made so much progress that he may not need extra help as of 3rd grade. all i can say is all of the parents commitment and all the staff commitment has made this a awsome school and i am a proud parent that my children get the oppurtunity to go to this school and sad my daughter is leaving but my son has several more years.

Sanborn Elementary School 0

Posted October 07, 2009
The teachers go above and beyond expectations to meet the needs of a wide variety of students, from special needs to gifted and talented. They are creative, willing to try new approaches, and through all of this, they are absolutely focused on student achievement. I once saw a Kindergarten teacher shed tears of joy when one of her students finally learned to read independently. People all over the district try to open-enroll at our school, and many have to be turned away every year. It is a privilege to have my children at this wonderful school!

Sanborn Elementary School 4

Posted April 23, 2008
Sanborn is a very welcoming school. All kids feel they belong. The teachers are very qualified and concerned. The principal always tries to handle different situations so that everyone is satisfied with the outcome.

Sanborn Elementary School 0

Posted March 26, 2008
my child is in full day kindergarten and the teachers and program has exceeded my expectations. I recommend this school.

Posted September 09, 2005
Sanborn is an awsome school who's teachers have done what they can to provide an enviroment for all kids. Most of the teachers have been there from their student teaching days. My son has special needs and the teachers and principal have been so supportive and understanding of his needs. Parent's are very involved in our school and community. The level of enrollments are so low because our neighborhood is established. We have had a posotive experience since enrolling in this school. The academic programs are developed for the kids to succeed, the extracurricular activities are awsome and parent involvement is beyond anything i have ever experienced. Most kids are there from kindergarten through fifth grade and come back to visit because our community is so involved.

Sanborn Elementary School
2235 Vivian St, Longmont, CO  80501
Last modified Sanborn Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sanborn Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top