Public charter
Longmont, CO
Students enrolled: 1,050

Posted October 28, 2014
I have 2 students at TPCA, one in 6th grade and one in 8th grade. What initially drew us to this school was the level of academic success, the character focus, and the dress code. I have been very happy with all the teachers, they are both understanding of students and challenging. There has been a lot of help in the subjects my students have a hard time with and when they complain about being bored, or it is too easy, the teachers have been supportive in finding activities that challenge them and keep school interesting. There is a strong sense of community among the students, parents, and staff of TPCA, all are working together to give and get the best education possible.

Twin Peaks Charter Academy 4

Posted October 02, 2014
We have been at TPCA for 3 years.Two children. Lower elementary. It is a lot of work (homework and parental involvement both), but my children are learning a ton and they love the school, their teachers, and friends. One thing that makes the school special is the core knowledge curriculum that creates holistic learning and ensures they don't study the same things over and over. And the emphasis on good character positively affects the whole dynamic of the school. Almost without exception, the teachers genuinely care and the kids love them. When my child struggled with a subject, the teacher was quick to get tailored instructional assistance to get her up to speed without any sense of shame. The school is growing, which certainly creates some bumps in the road and transition pains, but I feel like the staff and families are working hard to keep the school headed in the right direction. Coming in, I had some concerns about the school being too rigid (dress code, etc.), but I have been really pleased with my children's experiences at the school and they love it.

Posted August 04, 2014
We have 3 children at the school and I have to say that it's been a great experience. My kids do have a lot of homework but it's very manageable, and necessary if the school is going to provide them with a better than average education. If they need it they readily get help from their teachers. It really does feel like a family and if there are any problems with other students, it's handled quickly. Bullying has never been an issue with us, but like every other school in Colorado it exists. The teachers and administration make us feel very comfortable with the way they handle it. We were already aware of their great reputation for academics before we visited Twin Peaks for the first time....but what sold us the first time.....and in our decision to send the rest of our kids...was how comfortable they fit in. They were happy and other than an education, that's what was important to us.

Twin Peaks Charter Academy 1

Posted April 24, 2014
We have had our daughter at this school for 4 years. We have hoped that things would improve. Not so much. The student to teacher ratio is way too high. One teacher to 30 students. I have noticed a lot of issues with bullying. The school doesn't do anything to stop it and the teachers don't have time to deal with it. The homework is ridiculous. You should expect 2-3 hours of homework every night. Also expect to hire a tutor. The teachers seem to hate teaching. I would highly recommend looking at a different school. We are trying to get our daughter into another school right now.

Twin Peaks Charter Academy 4

Posted April 22, 2014
Based on experiences at other schools and countless conversations with parents at our school and others, I believe Twin Peaks is on par with the top tier educational environments in our area. We have had tremendous teacher experiences from first grade through sixth, both with my kids' classes, and the volunteer work I have done on an ongoing basis with more than a dozen teachers individually. I am pleased with the middle school team and how they work to improve the transition experience for the students and parents. I love that my kids can stay at the same school through 12th grade and have similar schedules that make my busy life easier. I am happy with my children's growth and that of other students I work with on a regular basis. I feel blessed to have additional support from the character education that is built into the curriculum. The reason I am not giving all fives is because I believe every school has room for improvement and that we should not stay idle. Also, I would not rate any other school higher. I know my kids are getting a useful, well-rounded education that will set them up for success in higher education and career life.

Twin Peaks Charter Academy 2

Posted April 15, 2014
TWPCA a great disappointment We moved to Longmont last year and were excited by the proposect of her attending a charter school but TWPCA is not what a STEM school should be. Key Issues Student:Teacher Ratio is to high Turnover of Board is to high Parents withdrawing their children from this school Sense of Desperation in recruiting new families Board and Leadership do not seem to have a clear plan to execute No visible plan to drive standards back up

Posted April 12, 2014
LOVE Twin Peaks Charter Academy! We moved our daughter here three years ago from our neighborhood school. Although we were content with our old school and our daughter did well, we had no idea of her potential once she was challenged! She has SOARED. The core knowledge curriculum yields an outstanding education, our daughter is safe here, we love the dress code and the continuous character education/assemblies are the icing on the cake. We are looking forward to the classical curriculum in high school for her AND soon we will have both her brothers enrolled! It will be great to be able to drop-off/pick-up three kids from ONE location!

Posted April 08, 2014
My daughter is in first grade and loves Twin Peaks Charter Academy. She was in Montessori for Pre-K and K so I didn't know how well she would transfer but it has worked beautifully. TPCA offers students and parents access to a great education. My daughter is learning a tremendous amount through the Core Knowledge program and really enjoys the extracurricular activities (Spanish, music and art). The staff and faculty are caring and work with the children to get the most out of school. I also appreciate the level of parent involvement.

Twin Peaks Charter Academy 2

Posted February 23, 2014
The student to teacher ratio is way too high!! Typically 30 students to 1 teacher. The students that speak english as their second language typically get the most attention. Therefore, be prepared to spend lots of time on homework and paying for a tutor. We have given this school 3 years to get it together. However, we will be sending our child to another school next year.

Posted February 01, 2014
What sets TPCA apart from other schools in the state? Well for one, they offer Olympic fencing instruction at the high school level, I've never seen that anywhere else and the kids can't stop raving about it. This school is awesome, enough said.

Twin Peaks Charter Academy
340 South Sunset St, Longmont, CO  80501
Last modified Twin Peaks Charter Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Twin Peaks Charter Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 52 reviews. Top