Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (4 responses)

Develops character: Strongly disagree

It was just bad...no real explanation . It is advertised as bully free, but I was bullied plenty there.

The teachers there had no idea what they were doing, I had trouble getting use out of any class, and it was just awful

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

As a Charter School we see our share of Teachers come and go, but the good ones stay. That's not to say we don't get bad ones, of course we do, but we've seen the school take action against bad teachers.....and replace them with good ones.

Amount of homework: Agree

The reason I brought my children to Twin Peaks was to be prepared for College. The amount of homework is Challenging but if parents don't want the education that Twin Peaks provides, their are many schools in the area that don't give homework. I'm not trying to be rude......but we all have many choices.....my kids have been prepared for College like they could not have been in any other school.

My two children have been at Twin Peaks since Kindergarten .....one is in 6th grade, and the other is in her first year of High School....and I have been very satisfied with everything about Twin Peaks. The atmosphere at Twin Peaks for both them, and my wife and I as parents, has been way above average. I have friends with children at local Public Schools and although we aren't perfect, we don't have the major issues that they have at thier schools. Twin Peaks is by far the best school in Longmont for our kids and we would recommend it to anyone that wants there kids to be prepared for College....and life in the real world.

My family has attended Twin Peaks for 8 years. I LOVE this school. The teachers are amazing. The administration is caring. All of the students are really good kids! I love that the school has a wonderful academic program. Band starts in 4th grade. Sports are available from 6th grade through 12th grade; Basketball, volleyball, soccer, track, Fencing, lacrosse, cross country. A full musical each winter and a few plays through the year. It really does have everything. The classes are around 25 kids per class in elementary and middle school and smaller classes are in high school. The small size makes it easy for the kids to get involved in everything!. It is a great school!!!

Horrible principal and student teacher ratios. Expect 3 hours of homework a night starting in 2nd grade.

If you had asked me a year ago, I would have said its a great school. However this year, my son's teacher really changed my mind. She punished my son for not finishing his work by placing him in the hallway while the other students had cupcakes and enjoyed a spring break party. I felt that was extremely wrong to do to a 7 year old. She also failed to schedule 3rd and 4th quarter parent/teacher conference with me. As a result I had no idea that my son had received a D on his 3rd quarter report. She also took it upon herself to sign me up for electronic report cards, even though I specifically requested a paper report. The last week of school I found out that my son had been bullied in class by another student. I emailed the teacher only to receive a sarcastic and condescending reply. When I conveyed these issues to the office, I was told my information had been given to the principal. The principal obviously doesn't care, she never responded. needles to say, I'm moving my family to a new school. And I won't be back to Twin Peaks.

This school shows no support for the students who need help talking about sexuality. Not only that, the school has told me that I do not belong because there are better students who could be in my chair. I attended twin peaks for 1.5 years before I knew that this school is a huge joke. The staff are terrible and show no effort into helping students pass their classes. The work load is higher than college courses with no benefit otherwise. DO NOT ATTEND THIS SCHOOL.

Our kids are just finishing their second year at Twin Peaks and I cannot say enough good things about this school. My kids teachers have been amazing and everyone I have had contact with (Board, principles, teachers, office staff, custodians!) is engaged with and committed to the school. The level of qualified instruction from highly educated teachers (many have Masters degrees!) coupled with the Core Knowledge curriculum and the Singapore Math program has renewed my children's love of learning which had been squashed at their last school. I've been beyond impressed. Not only with the regular classroom instruction, but with the "specials" teachers and how they tie the curriculum map into their lessons. One example that showcases this: the elementary art teacher didn't just give an assignment to the class, but patiently explained to 3rd graders how the quality of light from Vermeer's studio windows influenced his paintings. How did I know?...my 8 year old daughter told me after school that day. Mind blown. I'd never before seen this level of instruction before. To sum up...It took 3 years for us to win the admissions lottery and I am SO glad we stuck it out.

Last modified Twin Peaks Charter Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.