Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Parent (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted September 28, 2015
As a Charter School we see our share of Teachers come and go, but the good ones stay. That's not to say we don't get bad ones, of course we do, but we've seen the school take action against bad teachers.....and replace them with good ones.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted September 28, 2015
The reason I brought my children to Twin Peaks was to be prepared for College. The amount of homework is Challenging but if parents don't want the education that Twin Peaks provides, their are many schools in the area that don't give homework. I'm not trying to be rude......but we all have many choices.....my kids have been prepared for College like they could not have been in any other school.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted September 28, 2015
Absolutely.......the school is good about teaching the children that life after Twin Peaks is full of promise. They teach them that through hard work they can achieve all that they want to achieve. Because of this the kids are persistent, have grit and exercise determination in following the path that the school shows them.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted September 28, 2015
The proof is in the students themselves. The students at Twin Peaks are a pleasure to be around. Respect starts at home and the school is an extension of the home in teaching respect not just for the students themselves, but to others. You will not find that in the majority of the public schools in the Longmont area.

Twin Peaks Charter Academy 5

Posted September 28, 2015
My two children have been at Twin Peaks since Kindergarten .....one is in 6th grade, and the other is in her first year of High School....and I have been very satisfied with everything about Twin Peaks. The atmosphere at Twin Peaks for both them, and my wife and I as parents, has been way above average. I have friends with children at local Public Schools and although we aren't perfect, we don't have the major issues that they have at thier schools. Twin Peaks is by far the best school in Longmont for our kids and we would recommend it to anyone that wants there kids to be prepared for College....and life in the real world.

Grateful to: Parent

Posted September 10, 2015
I would like to thank the wonderful parents of TPCA. These are the parents who govern the school. These parents make policy.These parents are the backbone of our school. As an involved parent volunteer I can say without a doubt our school has the best parents which in turn results in the best kids.

Twin Peaks Charter Academy 5

Posted September 10, 2015
My family has attended Twin Peaks for 8 years. I LOVE this school. The teachers are amazing. The administration is caring. All of the students are really good kids! I love that the school has a wonderful academic program. Band starts in 4th grade. Sports are available from 6th grade through 12th grade; Basketball, volleyball, soccer, track, Fencing, lacrosse, cross country. A full musical each winter and a few plays through the year. It really does have everything. The classes are around 25 kids per class in elementary and middle school and smaller classes are in high school. The small size makes it easy for the kids to get involved in everything!. It is a great school!!!

Twin Peaks Charter Academy 2

Posted August 08, 2015
Horrible principal and student teacher ratios. Expect 3 hours of homework a night starting in 2nd grade.

Twin Peaks Charter Academy 3

Posted June 05, 2015
If you had asked me a year ago, I would have said its a great school. However this year, my son's teacher really changed my mind. She punished my son for not finishing his work by placing him in the hallway while the other students had cupcakes and enjoyed a spring break party. I felt that was extremely wrong to do to a 7 year old. She also failed to schedule 3rd and 4th quarter parent/teacher conference with me. As a result I had no idea that my son had received a D on his 3rd quarter report. She also took it upon herself to sign me up for electronic report cards, even though I specifically requested a paper report. The last week of school I found out that my son had been bullied in class by another student. I emailed the teacher only to receive a sarcastic and condescending reply. When I conveyed these issues to the office, I was told my information had been given to the principal. The principal obviously doesn't care, she never responded. needles to say, I'm moving my family to a new school. And I won't be back to Twin Peaks.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted June 01, 2015
Just to tolerate the administration, the students have to be confident and thick skinned. Great job preparing them for the prejudices of the real world.

340 South Sunset St, Longmont, CO  80501
Last modified Twin Peaks Charter Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.