Longmont, CO

Posted April 14, 2015
Fantastic school. I love it. Nobody should go anywhere else. It is under a massive solar construction on the roof and the management is great.

Posted February 26, 2015
Great school on so many levels. We moved from California (where the public schools were lousy) and we have been so impressed with Westview. The teachers are devoted and a couple of them are outstanding (e.g. running academic clubs before and after school) educators. Good STEM offerings: robotics, programming, science field-research. Administration is deeply involved and is willing to listen to your concerns. The campus is beautiful and clean. My son reports there is no bullying. Good communication from the school: Infinite Campus; emails; automated phone calls. Very inclusive environment - there is an after-school basketball league that included everyone who wanted to play - regardless of their skill level and I understand the track team is ~300 children. It is wonderful that the school is so supportive of the students' interests. I am a critical person and I cannot think of one problem with this middle school. They are really doing a great job! St. Vrain School District and Westview should be very proud of themselves.

Posted February 11, 2015
The children at this school are horrible people. My son went here for two years and was ridiculed and bullied for no reason other than he was the new kid. He made one friend and even that kid turned on him due to peer pressure from the other intolerant jerk kids. On the upside, the staff is extremely helpful and involved. They are the only reason my kid survived this horrible place. Unless you want you kids only friends to be his teachers, find another school.

Posted September 29, 2014
I couldn't be happier with Westview Middle School. We had our older daughter there for middle school for all 3 years and thought her team was really good and did a great job getting her ready for high school. Now our younger daughter is in her second year at Westview and we are really thrilled with the experience she is having there. She is in Mathcounts, Robotics club, Python Programmers, Science Olympiad, Volleyball, After school Engineering Class and Drama club. She is taking high school Algebra I in 7th grade, is fully engaged everyday and learning things that keep her interested and working hard. We love Westview's teacher progression. The same set of 4 core teachers teach the children 3 years in a row, the teachers have really gotten to know my younger daughter and support her in her interests. I love all the academic type clubs and tech classes they can take, I think it is really positioning her to do well in high school and go to a great college. She has always been interested in science and Westview does a lot to encourage that and feed it. All the teachers we have run into have been personable and very good teachers. A++

Westview Middle School 3

Posted May 23, 2014
Second time around with this school and it has really changed. I used to think having the same teachers for three years was a positive but it truly is not. Favoritism is rampant from the teachers and if your child is more quiet they get lost in the shuffle. Principal is not at all friendly or approachable. Seriously considered online school after this year.Sad. It used to be a terrific school.

Posted December 25, 2013
All I can say about Westview Middle School is that it was an amazing experience. In elementary school I got neglected from help that I needed. However, once I started attending Westview the group of teachers I was assigned to (students are assigned a group of 3-4 core teachers that they stick with through their 3 years at the school) gave me the support I needed to better myself. Now, being almost out of high school, I am truly grateful for all of my teachers help. The work that they put in with their students to prepare them for what lays ahead is outstanding. Not only are the teachers great, the school itself is amazing. The school has a homework club to ensure that students get their homework done/get the help they need to understand it. Also, the community feel of the school is great. To say the least, if I were a parent looking at schools I would definitely strongly consider Westview as as a good school.
2 people found this helpful

Posted November 15, 2013
Students were welcoming to my son upon his arrival. There is some bully situations but the teachers and administrators are involved with stopping it before it escalates. Some of the teachers are not favored by the kids but you will get that anywhere. My son is thriving in this school but we know others who are not. It just depends on your involvement with your childs education. Of the all the middle schools in Longmont, I would say this would be one of the top two. (Altona being the other one) Athletics are a serious thing around here, so if sports is what drives you child, this would be a great fit. Academically, it is strong and technology driven. I appreciate the very little homework my son brings home. On a side note, it is awesome that I have seen the principal come to several athletic events at "away" locations. This is great support in a leadership role. Kuddos to him!
2 people found this helpful

Posted August 28, 2013
My school(Westview Middle School) is the best school I know of. It has great teachers, great education, and just straight out awesome. I love it.

Posted May 28, 2013
Worst school my children have ever attended. The staff and the administration are only looking at bettering themselves not the students. Very disappointed.

Posted May 28, 2013
Not impressed at all. Don't waste your time here. Advanced students get bored and ignored in class.

Westview Middle School
1651 Airport Rd, Longmont, CO  80503
Last modified Westview Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Westview Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top