Longmont, CO

Posted September 29, 2014
I couldn't be happier with Westview Middle School. We had our older daughter there for middle school for all 3 years and thought her team was really good and did a great job getting her ready for high school. Now our younger daughter is in her second year at Westview and we are really thrilled with the experience she is having there. She is in Mathcounts, Robotics club, Python Programmers, Science Olympiad, Volleyball, After school Engineering Class and Drama club. She is taking high school Algebra I in 7th grade, is fully engaged everyday and learning things that keep her interested and working hard. We love Westview's teacher progression. The same set of 4 core teachers teach the children 3 years in a row, the teachers have really gotten to know my younger daughter and support her in her interests. I love all the academic type clubs and tech classes they can take, I think it is really positioning her to do well in high school and go to a great college. She has always been interested in science and Westview does a lot to encourage that and feed it. All the teachers we have run into have been personable and very good teachers. A++

Westview Middle School 3

Posted May 23, 2014
Second time around with this school and it has really changed. I used to think having the same teachers for three years was a positive but it truly is not. Favoritism is rampant from the teachers and if your child is more quiet they get lost in the shuffle. Principal is not at all friendly or approachable. Seriously considered online school after this year.Sad. It used to be a terrific school.

Posted December 25, 2013
All I can say about Westview Middle School is that it was an amazing experience. In elementary school I got neglected from help that I needed. However, once I started attending Westview the group of teachers I was assigned to (students are assigned a group of 3-4 core teachers that they stick with through their 3 years at the school) gave me the support I needed to better myself. Now, being almost out of high school, I am truly grateful for all of my teachers help. The work that they put in with their students to prepare them for what lays ahead is outstanding. Not only are the teachers great, the school itself is amazing. The school has a homework club to ensure that students get their homework done/get the help they need to understand it. Also, the community feel of the school is great. To say the least, if I were a parent looking at schools I would definitely strongly consider Westview as as a good school.

Posted November 15, 2013
Students were welcoming to my son upon his arrival. There is some bully situations but the teachers and administrators are involved with stopping it before it escalates. Some of the teachers are not favored by the kids but you will get that anywhere. My son is thriving in this school but we know others who are not. It just depends on your involvement with your childs education. Of the all the middle schools in Longmont, I would say this would be one of the top two. (Altona being the other one) Athletics are a serious thing around here, so if sports is what drives you child, this would be a great fit. Academically, it is strong and technology driven. I appreciate the very little homework my son brings home. On a side note, it is awesome that I have seen the principal come to several athletic events at "away" locations. This is great support in a leadership role. Kuddos to him!

Posted August 28, 2013
My school(Westview Middle School) is the best school I know of. It has great teachers, great education, and just straight out awesome. I love it.

Posted May 28, 2013
Worst school my children have ever attended. The staff and the administration are only looking at bettering themselves not the students. Very disappointed.

Posted May 28, 2013
Not impressed at all. Don't waste your time here. Advanced students get bored and ignored in class.

Posted April 23, 2013
Unprofessional teachers and administration. They are unorganized and like to complain about students but rarely want to go the extra mile to help them. I have been continually unimpressed by this school. It is sad really because in the past they were a model school. To call this a STEM school would be a stretch. If you have GT student do not waste your time here they are more interested in slowing down to let others catch up. You would be better off elsewhere.

Westview Middle School 4

Posted February 05, 2013
This is a great school for children who like to be challenged and who can thrive under pressure. They have very high expectations, which is great, they really encourage bright, high functioning children. However, for children who need any kind of support they are forced out of mainstream classes and teachers and staff show very little flexibility to include those children with a little extra support. Cookie cutter, wonder bread kids will fill supported and excel, anyone on the edge of that bubble or needing special support will feel like a burden-you will need to fight for inclusiveness. There is a sink or swim attitude and if your child is struggling at all, don't expect them to throw them a life ring, they are very much of the attitude-learn to swim or fail. Teachers are great, but do not expect them to do what it takes to lift a child up, its very much on the child starting on day one with 11 year olds, there is not "transition period" or "you can do it attitude", its do it or fail. I do like the extra activities and electives.

Posted February 19, 2011
I am in the middle of my second year at Westview and I absolutly LOVE it! I spoke to 3 people my age who go to Altona (another school in the district) and they all wish they could go here! My teachers are very supportive and everyone has a friend. One time we had to run a lap in Physical Education and there was a boy who was at the end and everyone was waiting on him. A friend of mine ran out and ran with him for the last 20 feet. It really made my day to see how nice everyone at this school is. I have been bullied, but once I told my favorite teacher (One who is in the hospital right now because of an infection), he put a stop to it right away. I absolutly love this Technology focus school and I wish it was a high school, too. We have 3 (or more, I'm not sure) computer labs and a hall just for music classes. We also have a huge library and a stage for performances. I recomend Westview to everyone!!

Westview Middle School
1651 Airport Rd, Longmont, CO  80503
Last modified Westview Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Westview Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top