Longmont, CO

Faith Baptist School 2

Posted October 17, 2014
I would not send my children to Faith. We pulled our two children out of the school due to the change in standards. Over the years, Faith has taken a different approach to teaching the Bible, this has made my husband and I very uncomfortable. The music classes, taught by Mr. Gerdt and Miss Beary, are outstanding. However, the math, science, English and computer classes are subpar. We sent our oldest son to Faith back in the early 2000's and the staff then were excellent. The school has gone from 350 to less than 100 in a matter of a few years. You cut good staff and you will lose students.

Posted September 29, 2011
Faith Baptist School has a great program going on here. I am currently a Junior at this school, and I am thoroughly involved in the high school girls sports programs. The teachers are so personable, and they invest so much time in our lives. The kids are great, too. I have some friends here that I know I'll have for life. The focus this year has become so God-focused, and things have been a ton of fun. The academics are very hard. Miss N's math classes are phenomenal; Mrs. Gowans really teaches English in a way that makes it easy to understand; Mr. Perryman is an awesome principal, and he is a very good teacher; Mr. and Mrs. Woods are fun, personable, and very good teachers; Pastor Gerdt loves us, and he really knows how to take control and teach us very well. They all invest a ton of time in our personal, spiritual growth. I love this school, and I've been here since kindergarten. I wouldn't trade my growing years here for anything. Sure, there are some things I can't do (We don't have dances or things like that), but we have fun doing things that can only profit us. It's a fantastic school, and the people here really care about God and each other.

Faith Baptist School 1

Posted October 16, 2010
I attended Faith Baptist for several years before transferring to a public school, and from my experience, Faith Baptist is less than satisfactory. Teachers were constantly claiming that the academics were far above average, but the academic level of the curriculum was at least 2 years behind grade level compared to a public school. Teachers were unhelpful and mean; and even though it's a Christian school, students swear more and act worse and more immature than at any of the local public school.

Posted April 22, 2010
Not recommended. Had to pull my children out due to school's inability to protect my child from bullies.

Posted December 13, 2009

Posted August 16, 2009
I have been student at Faith for 6 years now and have loved every minute of it. It is a wonderful school that i would recommend to anyonwe looking for a private school in the Longmont area.

Posted January 31, 2009
I have four children at Faith and am so happy that they are able to attend there. We have a new principal this year who is able to relate well to both the youngest students as well as the high schoolers. He is a great asset to the leadership of the school. My children are thriving both academically and spiritually under the loving guidance of those at Faith. As a parent, I appreciate the support I receive from the teachers. Thank the Lord for this school.

Posted September 26, 2008
I have had 2 children graduate from Faith and my 3rd child is a senior there. The school is excellent and has been a great help in raising our children to love the Lord and want to serve Him. They were very prepared for college academically and had many opportunities at Faith in extracurricular activities. It's a wonderful school!

Posted May 20, 2008
Faith is one of the greastest schools in America(not joking!). Faith is a wonderful school to send your children to. I am a student there and love it there. It has a great facility, awesome teachers, and students on fire to serve the Lord!

Faith Baptist School 3

Posted May 31, 2006
The leadership has changed over the last few years and not for the better. It has, unfortunately, changed from a school that expected the best, both academically and in behavor from each student, to a leadership that now assumes the worst of each student. Academically, they have a very competative curriculum. The high school math teacher, Miss Nagelkirk, is the best we have encountered in any of the schools (various states) our kids have been enrolled in. Overall though, due to the change in leadership and subsequent legalistic & judgemental attitude, I cannot recommend this school.

Faith Baptist School