No rating

Longmont Christian School

Private | PK-12 | 266 students

Living in Longmont

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $162,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $830.

Posted January 29, 2014

Longmont Christian school is beyond exceptional. The teachers and staff provide support and exceptional learning well above the average school. They take time to help each and every child not only develop exceptionally in Christ's image which includes working to see their challenges through God's eyes. They are loving, kind, and instill exceptional values by modeling them to our kids. I would recommend this school to any parent. For a private school you can do no better for the money and it's very well priced.

Posted February 20, 2013

The environment in this school is good in many ways. They know how to sell you on this school and make you feel warm and welcome. In two weeks my son was opening up and making great strides in catching up from public school delays. My 5 year old was excited that the bullying had stopped, and he really wanted to learn there. My excitement and hope disappeared the second day. Still on the hook for the $500 total for just 2 weeks, we were turned away. Because my son is behind and *Gasp* yes hyper they don't want him there. So beware when they say that teaching is their ministry, what they mean is that they only see fit to minister to the ultra-pristine righteous children who don't really need the help. To a child who has been failed by public school forget it. Given the entire circumstances of my family and home life, this is not just a major setback it's devastating at this time for us. The single most leading cause of atheism in the country today is Christians who acknowledge God with their lips, and deny him in his lifestyle. Gods ministry is intended not for the pristine but for those who need help.

Posted March 20, 2012

LCS is the school of choice for any family looking for top academics taught from a Christian worldview. The band program is EXCELLENT. The coaches are incredible role models. LCS is not perfect in every area, but over all, it gets a 5-star rating from me! I feel so blessed to have my students attending there!

Posted February 25, 2012

From Pre-K through 12th, this is an amazing school. There has never been another option for my children. Not only have my students received top-notch academics, they have hidden God's word in their hearts. The school has come along side our family and reinforced the values and morals that we have. When we committed our plans to the Lord for our children to receive a Christian education and asked that he provide the funds to make this happen, well, the funds have always been there! As parents, we only get one chance, and I would highly recommend LCS!

Posted February 10, 2012

Longmont Christian is a great school. The staff has a heart for the kids and it shows. Five of my children have graduate from the school and they all have been accepted at the colleges of their choice. The school works hard to prepare the kids for college and life. Wonderful learning environment. Christ is at the center of everything they do!!!

Posted November 20, 2010

This is NOT a Christian school- drugs, sex, and alcohol.... Terrible bullying by hateful, spiteful kids. Aweful cliques in students, parents, and staff. There is no standard to which kids must meet to be accepted including a relationship with Christ. This was a terrible experience for our kids and our family!

Posted November 20, 2010

I went to LCS for 6 years. I was allowed to be bullied year after year. I watched my friends get bullied also. The parents and teachers did nothing. I still have nightmares. Don't be fooled- it's not this great school they say it is.

Posted June 10, 2010

Before my wife & I picked LCS as our choise, we visited every Christian school in a large aera. As soon as we walked in to LCS, we knew it was the one. Every teacher was smiling and in a good mood. As were the children. We could feel the overpowering pressence of the Holy Spirit, and the joy that comes with Him. Thank you for all you do. We pray for you daily!

Posted September 13, 2009

I have had two students graduate from this school in 2006 and 2008 and an exchange student attend and graduate in 2007. I cannot tell you how grateful I am to the staff from the teachers to the principal to the office for such an amazing education as well an environment of understanding, compassion, and trust. The friends my sons made at that school will be with them for a long time, the graduating classes are like an extended family, and the teachers love to see the graduates again after several years. I am not sure my sons would have become the men they are without for their attendance at LCS. I am very grateful and would recommend wholeheartedly!

Posted March 25, 2009

The staff makes this school, they are committed. loving and grace filled. The education is very challenging, but best of all, God reigns at LCS. We loved this school.

Posted May 14, 2008

My children have attended LCS for the past 4 years. We visited area charter and private schools before ultimately choosing LCS. LCS offers an outstanding comprehensive education in a nuturing environment with teachers and administration who take ownership in the school and students. I am confident that my children are receiving an excellent didatic education while learning to be productive, critical-thinking individuals.

Posted January 27, 2008

I am a student at LCS and i love this school. Everybody is so nice and just awsome. The junior high teachers are so nice. I would encourage your children to go here, it is and exellent school.
—Submitted by a student

Posted February 22, 2007

A great school! I would highly recommend it. My son is currently in 1st grade and has attended since kindergarten. Both years he has had the most loving, caring, genuine teachers who were interested in helping him learn and grow. Longmont Christian's curriculum is above the public school in many areas and it is a better fit to continue to challenge my son who both reads and does math at significantly higher than grade level. I also like the structure of Longmont Christian and the discipline that is used. They use a behavior chart and strictly enforce their rules while not being too harsh and of course the character and spiritual development part is wonderful. The tuition is also reasonably affordable. The only area I feel they are lacking is in facilities, specifically a playground with grass, equipment, etc. for the older children and more computers and instruction earlier.

Posted October 11, 2006

Great education, loving atmosphere, wonderful teachers!

Posted August 19, 2006

We have had children at LCS now for 8 years. Our three children are very happy and are getting a solid education. The administration and teachers are great and we absolutely could not be happier. The kids are in a very safe environment and continue to learn biblical principles and morals. We love Longmont Christian School!

Posted August 6, 2006

Longhmont Christian has been great for both of my kids. My older graduated and had no trouble getting into the college of her choice. They have an intimate setting with teachers that care. They are strong in biblical principles without forcing specific denomination on the kids. This is in check due to the teachers are all from different Christian churches. After 11 years and great experiences, I would say that the community of Longmont Christian School is excellent and would recommend it.

Posted July 26, 2006

My children have attended LCS for the last 9 years. The class size, teacher-student ratio and quality of academics in general keep us coming back. While the sports and extracurricular activities are limited, the opportunities offered truly reflect sportsmanship, team values and respect. The level of security you feel entrusting the safety and welfare of your children to the staff at LCS would be difficult to match anywhere else. Parental involvement and participation is remarkable - there are usually too many volunteers!

Posted June 7, 2006

my two children loved it at longmont christian school. the teachers and parents try hard for the kids. the art, music, and sports programs are great. my children did well here and were happy.

Posted May 25, 2006

Longmont Christian is a great school. The school has high standards for academics and behavior. My first-grader has seventeen kids in his class, compared to thirty to thirty-five in the Saint Vrain School District, (SVSD). My Son s teacher is an intelligent, gentle, caring, yet firm person, who teaches because she loves teaching and helping kids. She gives the kids loads of individual attention! Tuition is less than half of the $6042, Per Pupil Revenue collected by the SVSD. I am amazed that LCS provides a vastly superior education on less than half the money.

Posted March 20, 2006

School starts the kids out well. Can overload kids with knowledge at times and expects a lot from the students.

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 3%

• Donnie Bennett
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious