K-8|Private

Bad
Good

My children are at this school, because I want to help them become flexible thinkers and innovative problem solvers. I believe the richness of the Waldorf curriculum presented by our dedicated, highly educated faculty is an excellent way to achieve this. Each day my children deepen their knowledge of math, reading, science, foreign language and culture. Each day this education is enriched by music, art, movement, crafts, and working on the land. All of this is held within a beautiful, village-like community. What a gift!

Shepherd Valley is a gem. The teachers are all incredibly committed. I'd say Shepherd Valley has some world-class Waldorf teachers at the school. The kindergarten could not be more nurturing and engaging. The grades are taught with such careful consideration of long-term, in-depth learning and curiosity. Ask to see one of the upper grader's main lesson books. You'll be stunned by how beautiful they are. The community has such heart and is down-to-earth. The classrooms aren't the fanciest, but they are right in the middle of a campus that is more than 35 acres, with two farms and 100 chickens. It's definitely worth a tour at least.

Shepherd valley is an amazing school, the nurturing environment, the attention to detail, the individualization to each student, the emphasis on learning in nature. If you want your kids to grow up to be caring, confident, well rounded individuals who achieve their best then this is the school for you. The kids who graduate from here have had such a great learning experience, when they leave to joining public high schools they are generally in the top 5% academically and they are ready to take on the world! I have two kids there at the moment and look forward to my youngest joining when he is old enough

This school is a hidden gem in Boulder County. It's a small school with a big commitment to excellence in education. Elementary and middle school students study math, science, two languages, practical arts, farming and gardening, as well as music, painting, and drawing. The teachers bring excitement and a contagious love of learning to the classroom each day. Because class size is limited, each child gets plenty of individual attention even as he or she learn to be part of a socially dynamic group. The pre-K and kindergarten classrooms and gardens are magical and beautiful. Our family preferred this kindergarten over the other Waldorf programs we looked at because we were so impressed by the teachers' commitment to preserving and promoting a childhood, and to educating and supporting parents. We have stayed at this school for five years and continue to feel very positive about the students, faculty, campus, and a heartfelt parent (and grandparent!) community.

A wonderful school on a beautiful 38 acres that the students get to explore every day. My 5th grader is well versed, balanced and growing in the areas of math, science, German, Chinese, music, painting, building, making, etc... His classroom has a very supportive and non-competitive feeling to it, with students often helping each other learn. The teachers are extraordinary, with an amazing understanding of child development, and age appropriate learning. My child is thriving not only academically, but creatively and socially as well -- this education is as much about growing students/scholars as it is about growing thoughtful, well-adjusted humans. I can say emphatically: I LOVE my child's school, and we are thrilled that we have made attending Shepherd Valley a priority.

My daughter has been a Shepherd Valley for 9 years now! The commitment and dedication of the teachers is phenomenal. The attention and care my daughter has had goes beyond words. And it is not just heart that the school brings: the creativity, the honoring of the children, the way of teaching in accordance with the development of the child, the space for children to be in nature, nurturing the whole child, the art, the handwork....I could go on and on. Shepherd Valley is a great school.

I have a child at Shepherd Valley Waldorf School, and I couldn't possibly be more thrilled. Everyone is just so caring. The teacher is so committed to getting to know each child and to communicating with the parents. The children in the lower grades are developing their imagination. The school has a philosophy of limiting a young child's exposure to TV and electronic games, which means we have a community of families that share this value. I just can't imagine being any happier with the school.

Last modified Shepherd Valley Waldorf School is a Private school that serves grades K-8