Bad
Good

Posted April 16, 2016
Great academics, especially AP courses. Silver Creek Leadership Academy a unique program. Strong extracurriculars. Good job at college prep. Two or our four children have already graduated from Silver Creek, and our other two will attend. Our oldest is graduating from Georgia Tech, and doing it on the 4 year plan. Our next oldest is a freshman at Oberlin. Silver Creek prepared them both for acceptance to great colleges, but more important they've been able to do the college work at a high level of achievement.

Silver Creek High School 4

Posted December 07, 2014
As a former student, '07 grad, I can address some of the issues portrayed by other reviews. Overall I very much enjoyed my time at SC, I was active in sports, student government and several honors/AP classes. This did prepare me for college, but as another review alluded to, you have to put in the work and can't expect things to be handed to you. My parents did look at Niwot (IB program) as an alternative. I had several friends at Niwot and although they have a more rigorous curriculum, I'm not sure it better prepared them for college when compared to honors and AP courses at SC. There is a diverse range of socioeconomic backgrounds and I never found this to be a problem, in fact it really helped to make me more aware of people from other backgrounds. Do realize that your student could fall into what we called the "Boulder County Bubble" basically thinking that eveywhere is white, upper class, well educated and outdoorsy. It took me going to college out of state to realize this. Not necessarily a bad thing but do be aware that this exists at SC, Niwot, and Dawson. Only thing I would change is a bigger selection of AP courses as this would make more comparable to Niwot.

Posted October 01, 2014
My daughter started at Silver Creek HS in her Junior year after having a terrible experience at another local HS. Silver Creek truly prepares our students for college and beyond. She graduated with honors and has a full tuition scholarship in college. Great teachers, great students and an all around wonderful school.

Posted January 06, 2013
I went to this school for 4 years, and I couldn't have had a better experience! Mr. Burns and Ms. Scott and others like them truly made going to school a worth while experience. At SC they care for their students and take the time to get to know each one. After I graduated, they still cared about me. When I was in a very bad car crash, they raised money for me to help with medical bills. I do miss this school, and if I had to redo high school, I would do it at Silver Creek.

Posted February 23, 2010
I love this schooll!!!!!! Its the best school in the world!!! Gooo SC Raptors!!! All d way!!!!

Posted September 16, 2009
I love all my friends there and all the freedom! And the teachers!

Posted September 15, 2009
The programs it offers and how safe the school is. I honestly feel like Silver Creek is a second home for me as a student. All the teachers are dedicate to their subjects and know how to interact with their pupils. Going to Silver Creek is an amazing experience for me.

Posted September 21, 2008
This school has some of the best teachers around. I always love their classes and they always seem to love their job. Great job.

Posted April 06, 2008
im a student that goes to this school and i really don't like it the security level is too high and i really don't think anything really accually bad would happen around here...and the teachers are really not very good except for maybe 1 or 2. i havent even learned very much this year and its been almost a full year of skool.

Posted February 16, 2008
High academic, caring teachers, small enough for every child to fit in, good athletic programs

4901 Nelson Road, Longmont, CO  80503
Last modified Silver Creek High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.