Longmont, CO
Before care: Yes

Posted September 05, 2014
Here's what I have learned in the first ten days of school. My daughter has done more, learned more, and become better at many skills that we worked on all summer during public summer school. While many people I know are struggling with early release days, teacher in-service, (already?!) and no real work being done because everyone is still "adjusting" to school starting; my daughter is learning computer skills, developing her writing skills, going to the library and learning! Mountain Peaks is teaching my daughter, because, isn't that why we put our kids in school in the first place? My daughter, by the way, is in pre-k, so the impact of what the teachers do at Mountain Peaks is immediately noticeable. Thanks Mountain Peaks!!

Posted August 24, 2014
Our son just started middle school after spending his entire grade school years at Mountain Peak. He went from a quiet, shy student who would have been left alone in the public school system (because he would have just done what was asked) to a student who just tested into 8th grade math and advanced language arts. He is a well rounded student who has stepped right into middle school and has made numerous friends. A small investment in our child's education was the best money we've ever spent. We can't thank Mountain Peak enough.

Posted July 19, 2014
My daughter started this school in January of her last year in pre-school. When she began she could not read or write, she new her letters and numbers and that was about it. By the end of the school year she could write all her numbers and letters, knew the sounds the letters made and was reading. She is now entering 1st grade, reading at a 2nd grade level can do basic math, knows basic geography and can tell time. It is not just the academic part of the school that is so fantastic with only 10 kids per class, she has a personal relationship with her teachers and they all care deeply about the students. Every day the kids have PE as well as their recess so there is lots of time for fun and exercise. She is excited to learn and enjoys going to school. Mountain Peaks is great for building well rounded, kind, intelligent children that care about each other as well as their community.

Posted April 12, 2014
Mountain Peak is a fantastic school - all of the staff members take the time to get to know each student and they are all excellent educators. Our child loves going to school because the teachers make the lessons fun and engaging. We are very grateful to all the good folks at Mountain Peak!

Posted April 08, 2014
Over the top in everything they do. We are so glad to have found Mountain Peak....

Posted April 08, 2014
We were searching for a great pre-school for our daughter. We looked at public schools, charter schools, all the usual suspects. We toured a few, put our names in the hat and waited. While we waited we came across Mountain Peaks, and we were thrilled! Mountain Peaks not only showed us they cared about the kids they teach, but showed us they aren't afraid to teach. Our pre-school teacher is amazing, and our daughter loves school. We are so happy with how our daughter has grown and is always challenged at school. It may be pre-school, but these kids have lessons to learn, and they love learning. Thanks Mountain Peaks for making our decision so easy, and for caring about our daughter and her education as much as we do!

Posted March 27, 2014
As a mother of a 4-yr old, looking for schools was overwhelming. When we found Mountain Peak, I was impressed with how much attention every students gets. Within each classroom the students are so involved with their class they are not distracted by anything outside of their classroom. My son is very social and loves to play with other children, so it was important to me to not only have a good teaching environment but to have a great social one as well. In the 2.5hr PreK day, he has bloomed over the past year from not wanting to color or write at all, into a being able to write his full name and color mostly within the lines (He is only 4 I have to remind myself). Mrs. Harms is very understanding of each child's needs within the class and knows how to motivate them into learning. The progress of my son is evident in the inventive art projects - paint, construction paper, markers - which come home on a daily basis. He loves to show me everything he has done that day. He would say his favorite thing about school is P.E.- scoring a hockey goal on Mr. Buckett. Thank you Mountain Peak!! Can't wait for Kindergarden.

Posted March 27, 2014
From the moment you step into this school you can tell they are passionate about creating an evironment that enables the students to thrive and excel. We are only in our first year with Mountain Peak but I can't even imagine sending our son anywhere else. From the staff that greats you and your child by name every day to all the opportunities to get involved with the classroom and other parents, this school proves that they are commited to ensuring each child gets a quality education that is far and above what you would expect elsewhere.

Posted October 31, 2013
Mt. Peak is a fantastic school. Our son has been going there for the last two years and is excelling in school. He went from having a hard time reading the most simplest of words to now reading at grade level. The teachers are great and really care about the students. The low student/teacher ratio helps to ensure my son gets the attention he needs to learn what is being taught. Extra bonus points for Mt. Peak as well as they make learning fun. There is PE everyday, which is a must for our son. I also love the fact that they are teaching music and French to give the children a complete, well rounded learning experience.

Posted October 31, 2013
We had heard about this school through a friend and went and toured it while looking for a school for our preschooler. We fell in love with it right away and knew it was a perfect match. We love the small classes, the feel of the school being a family and all of the teachers. We are so glad we went with mountain peak!

Mountain Peak Private School
1833 Sunset Place, Longmont, CO  80501
Last modified Mountain Peak Private School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6
Mountain Peak Private School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 54 reviews. Top