PK-6|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Develops character: Neutral

It could be much better for such a small school. This was disappointing.

My daughter attended Mountain Peak Private School for 4th grade this past year. Without a doubt, I believe it is the best school around. MPPS is a very small and intimate school; beginning in Preschool and continuing all the way through the end of the 6th grade. Classes are combined into 1st/2nd grade, 3rd/4th grade and 5th/6th grade, and class sizes are very small....There were ten students in my daughter's 3/4 class, and 6-18 students in the 5/6 class. It seems that, at least above Kindergarten, the majority of MPPS students are boys, and this school definitely tends to 'teach to boys', which I'm not counting as a negative - it just is what it is. These teacher's are incredibly skilled and have many years of experience, and love teaching. Academics is top-notch at MPPS, and teachers have an extraordinary ability to bring students that may be behind for one reason or another up to grade level and even above grade level. Administration and teachers are very accommodating to medical conditions and mild behavior challenges. PE everyday, and Computer, French, Music and Art are part of the curricula. As a mom with more conservative values, I only wish I had known about MPPS when my son was younger. Now, no school is perfect, and this is a review. The only area, in my opinion, that Mountain Peak Private School seems to fall short on is supporting interpersonal struggles with the students. Teachers tend to skirt around socio-emotional issues, which in such a small school, is disappointing. Otherwise, we love MPPS. and highly recommend it!

I cannot say enough positive things about Mountain Peak. It is a fantastic school, where personal attention helps every student thrive. Our daughter was struggling in public school--neither the traditional classroom nor special ed were meeting her needs. She had fallen two grade levels behind, she was being ostracized by other students (and it was allowed to happen), and was constantly in trouble due to low self-esteem. We moved her to Mountain Peak after interviewing several public and private schools, and it was a great choice. She is re-engaged in learning, she feels good about herself, and she feels safe and happy. It has changed all of our lives for the better! Mr. and Mrs. Buckett and their staff are amazing educators and have created a fantastic school.

Our daughter started at Mountain Peak when she was three. She is now in first grade and reading and spelling at a third grade level. She learns so much, and is given the opportunity to move at her pace. We're so happy about the culture at Mountain Peak. We know, when we eventually need to transition to public school she'll be more than ready. Thank you Mountain Peak!

Our daughter went there for about 2 years and it was a great experience. There is a lot of individual attention paid to the kids due to the small class sizes. Their teaching methods helped my daughter learn things the right way that we feel will help her long term. My daughter loved going to school everyday and looked forward to it. The staff did a great job providing feedback and listening to our feedback. We moved out and so had to leave the school. But even in our new setting we used Mountain Peak as a reference bar to figure out the next school for our daughter.

My son attended a Montessori school from pre-K through 1st grade, and really enjoyed it. For 2nd grade, though, we were looking for a bit more structure, but still wanted a school that offered an individualized curriculum so that he could proceed at his own pace. We also wanted a school with a small classroom size, and Mountain Peak seemed to have everything that we wanted. My son loved the school when he visited, and was very confident that this was the school he wanted to attend, so we enrolled him. He just finished 2nd grade at Mountain Peak in May, and we are so pleased with the school and the education that our son is receiving. The teachers and staff are wonderful, and our son is working at above grade level in multiple subjects. He loves going to school and learning. Mountain Peak offers multiple opportunities for parents to get involved in the school, and these opportunities have allowed us to experience for ourselves the great atmosphere at the school and in the classrooms during the school day. The students are happy, relaxed, respectful, confident and focused on their work.

My soon-to-be 2nd Grade Son has been attending MPPS since he was 4. He has excelled beyond my expectations. As a 1st Grader he is already reading as a second grade level by Christmas break - and almost 3rd by the time school was out in May. He loves the school and I love the fact he has friends in all of the grades - not just his class / age group. He is a social kid and makes friends easily everywhere he goes, and being in a small school has not hurt his socialization. I believe it has helped him to not be intimidated by older kids. MPPS Teachers are wonderful and keep him on track with those things he is good at <Reading and Math> and pushes him with that he doesn't like <Writing>. Keep it up MPPS!!

Our son was not being challenged at his school and we knew he was capable of achieving much more both academically and socially. We moved to MPPS and have been so happy we did. The classes are small but with enough diversity as to find your own friends, the curriculum is challenging and interesting, the wonderful staff are engaged, flexible, demanding and kind. The other students are respectful and happy which makes for a great learning environment and a child eager to excel. We are so grateful for this wonderful school which has allowed our kid to blossom into a inquisitive learner who really enjoys going to school each day. Highly recommended!

We were very disappointed with our local S.T.E.M. and IB public preschool. Late start days, countless days off, endless unqualified substitute teachers to cover the times when the teacher had meetings scheduled DURING class time, overcrowding. I volunteered often and the class was in total chaos most days. The teacher was disorganized and used YouTube videos to "teach" the kids letters (read babysit) while she got caught up on administrative duties. The kids did not learn phonics. Instead, they were presented with sight words to memorize. If a child can't sound out words, how can they possibly learn how to read? The kids got a nametag and were told to trace it, but were never given any directional arrows or guidance so my son learned how to write his letters incorrectly, writing them backwards, upside down, etc. When I asked the teacher if she could make him a nametag with arrows to fix the problem, she said, "We have an I-pad app for that." When my son finally did have his I-pad time, he was always given a game that had nothing to do with letter tracing. Also, they rarely did craft projects and, worse, my son was getting hit, kicked, pushed, having his hair pulled, pinched, etc. on a daily basis, most of which went unnoticed due to the ridiculous class size and lack of staff. Fed up, we switched to Mountain Peak for Pre-K and couldn't be happier. Our son attends 5 days a week, has a consistent schedule without late starts, constant substitutes and days off. The kids, parents and teachers are amazing, kind, caring and committed. Our son's teacher is excellent and very well organized. His class size is very small so he gets a lot of individualized attention and isn't lost in the shuffle. He learned more in his first week at Mtn. Peak than he did in the entire year at the public S.T.E.M. school. He's learning Zoophonics, is sounding out words and is starting to read (at age 4). He's learning how to write correctly, counting, doing math, doing lots of interesting crafts and science experiments. He's not getting picked on by the other kids. He has PE and recess, reasonable screen time and opportunities to socialize safely with older kids, which has boosted his self confidence. We had reservations about sending him to such a small school, but now we feel this is the best decision we've made. It's well worth the money.

I really miss my time at Mountain Peak School. Without my study of six years at Mountain Peak I could not have done so well in my new middle schools. Going to Mountain Peak helped get an advantage academically over my peers at my middle schools. At Mountain Peak I had not only built a solid foundation of my knowledge but also learned how to behave as a good kid. I had learned to respect teachers and classmates, self-control, and how to do teamwork well. At Mountain Peak I got much more care and attention from my teachers than at my middle school. Former student.

Last modified Mountain Peak Private School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6