Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Our sons teacher ms Debbie is so nice and super awesome our son respects her and loves her to death

Amount of homework: no rating

My son is in pre school so not a whole lot of homework coming home

Develops character: Strongly agree

My son is being taught to share be polite fair and respectful Which we already do at home

My son is attending pre school at alpine for the 2015-2016 school year and although I've heard a lot of negativity about the school id have to say as a newer parent I love this place my son has fun and loves going to school everyday he gets so excited to see his teacher ms Debbie and her assistant ms Nicole he comes home happy everyday and I feel he is learning fast and at a quality pace I have nothing but positive thoughts of the school so far

The front desk at Alpine Elementary is rude, there's one lady in particular that puts her nose where it doesn't belong. The teachers are all amazing, the school itself is wonderful. It's just the rude front desk lady that needs know that she is dealing with human beings.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The teachers are great, it's the front office that treats people like scum. If your student is tardy or absent one day these people treat you like the enemy.

I have two kids here. We moved here from CA a few months ago. I was apprehensive to send my kids here because of the grade, we're use to 9/10 schools. Though, I have been impresses with the extracurricular classes CA schools have either done away with or reduced. Both my children love the IB/STEM programs and Mr. Axel! They have music, art, P.E., and Spanish weekly sometimes twice, depends on rotation. The staff has been welcoming and very friendly. Some of the classroom work has been repetitive, my children had done some of the work in last years grade or earlier before we moved. Overall, i am happy I chose this school (our home school) as opposed to another. I am looking forward to next year. (3rd/5th grades)

This school is on a downturn. I have been involved at Alpine as a parent helper and volunteer almost since the year it opened and feel like the quality of the school has greatly declined. None of my children will be attending Alpine any more. I have to agree that, in spite of the efforts of some great teachers, the overall "vibe" in the school has lost the fun and enthusiasm that it used to have. The stress of STEM, IB, TCAP tests, and a stern administration have taken their toll and taken the fun right out of learning for the students.

I have been tied to the SVVSD for over 25 years, both as a student and now as a parent. I have been through great schools and I have been through the not so great. To me, Alpine falls far below what I consider a 'great' school. Multiple great teachers have left the school in the last few years. I can't help but chalk it up to the NO FUN atmosphere that the principal has enstilled. When you walk into a Kindergarten classroom, it isn't full of joy and giggles. It is full of little kids sitting at tables and doing work. (The training of perfect little testers) The school does absolutely nothing, to make these kids enjoy school. Even the 'Fun Run' was disappointing. The one time in the year they could have done somethjng exciting for the kids, they failed. The run consisted of running around a circle 20 times... The prizes were just as sad. It gave my children no desire to even raise money. An example of a prize... Staying after school and playing with bubbles! Wow! It is unfortunate but we will be leaving Alpine in search of a more engaging educational environment. Ask any teacher in the district what they think of Alpine Elementary. Guaranteed it won't be positive.

It has a good plan for high achieving students in classroom setting. I like the monthly character piece that goes with the IP program. I like as a parent I know what the units of inquiry are. The music program is strong and my children have to demonstrate their learning to me yearly.

Last modified Alpine Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.