Alpine Elementary School 4

Posted May 01, 2014
I have two kids here. We moved here from CA a few months ago. I was apprehensive to send my kids here because of the grade, we're use to 9/10 schools. Though, I have been impresses with the extracurricular classes CA schools have either done away with or reduced. Both my children love the IB/STEM programs and Mr. Axel! They have music, art, P.E., and Spanish weekly sometimes twice, depends on rotation. The staff has been welcoming and very friendly. Some of the classroom work has been repetitive, my children had done some of the work in last years grade or earlier before we moved. Overall, i am happy I chose this school (our home school) as opposed to another. I am looking forward to next year. (3rd/5th grades)

Alpine Elementary School 2

Posted March 10, 2014
This school is on a downturn. I have been involved at Alpine as a parent helper and volunteer almost since the year it opened and feel like the quality of the school has greatly declined. None of my children will be attending Alpine any more. I have to agree that, in spite of the efforts of some great teachers, the overall "vibe" in the school has lost the fun and enthusiasm that it used to have. The stress of STEM, IB, TCAP tests, and a stern administration have taken their toll and taken the fun right out of learning for the students.

Alpine Elementary School 2

Posted November 07, 2013
I have been tied to the SVVSD for over 25 years, both as a student and now as a parent. I have been through great schools and I have been through the not so great. To me, Alpine falls far below what I consider a 'great' school. Multiple great teachers have left the school in the last few years. I can't help but chalk it up to the NO FUN atmosphere that the principal has enstilled. When you walk into a Kindergarten classroom, it isn't full of joy and giggles. It is full of little kids sitting at tables and doing work. (The training of perfect little testers) The school does absolutely nothing, to make these kids enjoy school. Even the 'Fun Run' was disappointing. The one time in the year they could have done somethjng exciting for the kids, they failed. The run consisted of running around a circle 20 times... The prizes were just as sad. It gave my children no desire to even raise money. An example of a prize... Staying after school and playing with bubbles! Wow! It is unfortunate but we will be leaving Alpine in search of a more engaging educational environment. Ask any teacher in the district what they think of Alpine Elementary. Guaranteed it won't be positive.

Alpine Elementary School 5

Posted December 13, 2012
It has a good plan for high achieving students in classroom setting. I like the monthly character piece that goes with the IP program. I like as a parent I know what the units of inquiry are. The music program is strong and my children have to demonstrate their learning to me yearly.

Posted October 13, 2010
All the teachers and staff seem to know all plans for all students and they act on them all the time.

Posted October 12, 2010
Alpine Elementary has dedicated teaches, administrators, parents and students all working together to better the community and our childrens lives through education.

Posted October 12, 2010
Dedicated teachers with wellformulated action plans to benefit studentd

Posted April 27, 2010
My kids absolutely loves this IB school. There teachers are wonderful and the parents are so generous in giving back to the school.

Alpine Elementary School 5

Posted October 05, 2009
I'm totally impressed by Alpine and their implementation of the IB Programme. I'm amazed by how my son has progressed with his reading and writing skills in just his first two years of school. We couldn't be happier with out choice to open enroll at Alpine!

Posted October 05, 2009
I'm grateful to have both children attending Alpine, what a wonderful school that always meets my expectations!

Alpine Elementary School
2005 Alpine St, Longmont, CO  80501
Last modified Alpine Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Alpine Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top