Longmont, CO

Posted April 21, 2014
My school Altona I went to Altona for my last year of middle school and I loved it. It was much challenging then my last school was. I also, thought that the special ed department was very helpful to me. They had awesome teachers. And at the time I was there awesome vice principal but they have a new vice principal. The counclors were so nice they would talk to you about what you need to talk about. They also had less bullying if any then my other school. I love it I wish I went to Altona for all 3 years. Go Rattlers!!! I also like how the motto was don't tread on me. I love the whole school.

Altona Middle School 1

Posted September 26, 2013
What I want people to know is that Altona is riding on the fact that it has upscale students who would succeed anywhere. The environment is toxic and the teachers are belittling and mean. Students learn despite huge class sizes and mean, uncaring teachers who are unhappy and take it out on the students. If I knew then what I know now, I would not have started my child at Altona. Trying to communicate with the teachers or the administration is an exercise in frustration. They do not answer phone messages or e-mails. The parking lot is an utter nightmare at arrival and dismissal. The only program worth anything there is music. The rest in mediocre at best. If you value a nurturing environment or communication with your child's teachers, do not send your child to Altona

Posted April 30, 2013
First let me begin by saying this is a great school and the scores speak for themselves. This is the stand out school in a mediocre district. The culture is very supportive and focuses on conflict resolution as it relates to bullying which is critical this day and age. Now for the "Don't Tread On Me" review and a history lesson. The school formed in 2006 and the Gadsden flag and its statement goes back to 1751 and Ben Franklin. 2009 is when the Tea Party decided to use the flag as their rally call. Before you inappropriately rate a school because of your ignorance and ideology, learn your history and rate a school on their achievements and culture. Take a look at their Facebook page and see the 10 minute Whitehouse.gov video of the 2011 8th graders meeting one-on-one with Pres. Obama that rarely happens. Diversity is a hallmark of this country. Don't let some extremist, closed-minded left winger that chooses to remain uninformed dissuade you from being a part of a great school. A well rounded school that doesn't change its history or founding principals because of another group's use of a flag and motto shows character and conviction. I chose that example for my kids.

Altona Middle School 1

Posted January 17, 2013
Did anyone ever ask? Why is the Rattlesnake the school mascot? For that answer click on 'Don't tread on me' on the schools website page and go to the Gadsden.info link. You are in for a surprise you might want to have a 'Tea Party' about! Just not okay for a public school!!!!!!! I would rate it a negative 10 if I could.

Posted September 01, 2011
This a a great school. Both of my daughters attended Altona in the past. I cannot imagine a better expereince. Principal is wonderful. He holds his teachers and students to high standards, but also seems very supportive. Altona has a great community feel. Students seem proud to be a part of it and confident in their belonging. Teachers are very professional and knowledge in educating young adolescents. I have volunteered in the past and have never seen any bullying. Can't say enought good things about this place!

Posted April 20, 2011
I love Altona.... Im so sad this is my last year at Altona. But i loved my experience. SO I would so go to altona. Like im not joking....... They dont give too much homework. they dont give too much schoolwork. ALtona is awesome. GO RATTLERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted June 16, 2009
Altona is such a great school. The teachers and staff are helpful and encouraging. The principal, (an ex-marine) is strict but nice, kind, and funny. The students are kept on track with their homework by Homework Club if they fall behind so you can't get away with not finishing homework and you get to have a nice chat with the vice principal if you don't go. Way to go Altona! Rattler Pride!

Posted September 21, 2008
Going to this school prepared me so well for high school. Last year was so easy because I knew exactly how to handle high school. Thank you!

Posted August 10, 2008

Altona Middle School 0

Posted May 19, 2008
I love this school. The teachers are great, and so are the academics. The administration is the best I've ever seen. We will miss you Mr. Barnett!

Altona Middle School
4600 Clover Basin Dr, Longmont, CO  80503
Last modified Altona Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Altona Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top