Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 01, 2015
I am grateful for all the teachers that help me and my case manager. They tried their hardest and they helped me be successful with everything that was going on with my disabilitys and they have every thing. They were nice and awesome to me.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted November 01, 2015
I think the teachers at this school is very effective because they find every way to help out. They also, try to find out how to help and they reach ot to help and see if everything is ok. If they notice something isn't right they will pull you aside and see what is wrong and they will try to help you through that. They also, have wonderful special ed teachers and they give you all the help you need and they are alwasy there for you and if you need to talk to someone or feeling not yourself all you have to do if you are in special ed is go talk to your special ed teachers or your case manger. They are very helpful.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted November 01, 2015
Math gives you homework everyday and english sometimes gives you homework and then science may give you homework but all the time and history rarely have homework. If you take Spanish it probably gives you homework and sometimes FCS will but you will always have homework in math and if you do music. But the homework isn't too hard but it isn't too easy either they give you just enough to do a night.And they won't give you too much homework that they know that won't be done for the next day.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted November 01, 2015
They want every student to be successful and they help them get there even if it is putting them into homework club.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted November 01, 2015
They show respect by talking with the students instead of yelling or treating them like crap and not even letting them tell you their side of the story.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted November 01, 2015
They show compassion and caring and empathy to its students because if they know one of their students are injured or in the hospital they make a good well or feel better card for them and the teachers help them get caught up and they understand and they talk with them.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted November 01, 2015
They don't favor any student. For example, if a student gets in a fight with another student both students get in trouble for fighting. They also are honest with you about everything. They have integrity and lets you say everything on your side and not just cut you short.

Altona Middle School 5

Posted November 01, 2015
I went to Altona Middle School for my 8th grade year which was a few years ago. But they have great education and they help you out. They will help you if you ask for it. They have homework club and you get in their by being behind in homework. The teachers are nice and only there to help you. They also will stay after school to help you but you have to ask for it. Also, if you talk to the teacher they may be able to help you before school starts. They have good sports like volleyball and basketball and track, I did two sports there and they were good team work. When I got hurt I still showed up and I still cheered them on and they were really nice to me. The old vice principal was very nice adn now they have to a new vice principal. I also heard they got a new principal and I know the new principal he use to be a vice principal at another middle school I went to.he is there and he is really good. I would reccommand this middle school to anyone looking for a good middle school.

Altona Middle School 5

Posted April 21, 2014
My school Altona I went to Altona for my last year of middle school and I loved it. It was much challenging then my last school was. I also, thought that the special ed department was very helpful to me. They had awesome teachers. And at the time I was there awesome vice principal but they have a new vice principal. The counclors were so nice they would talk to you about what you need to talk about. They also had less bullying if any then my other school. I love it I wish I went to Altona for all 3 years. Go Rattlers!!! I also like how the motto was don't tread on me. I love the whole school.

Altona Middle School 1

Posted September 26, 2013
What I want people to know is that Altona is riding on the fact that it has upscale students who would succeed anywhere. The environment is toxic and the teachers are belittling and mean. Students learn despite huge class sizes and mean, uncaring teachers who are unhappy and take it out on the students. If I knew then what I know now, I would not have started my child at Altona. Trying to communicate with the teachers or the administration is an exercise in frustration. They do not answer phone messages or e-mails. The parking lot is an utter nightmare at arrival and dismissal. The only program worth anything there is music. The rest in mediocre at best. If you value a nurturing environment or communication with your child's teachers, do not send your child to Altona

4600 Clover Basin Drive, Longmont, CO  80503
Last modified Altona Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.