Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted December 14, 2015
The cliquish administration seems to treat people somewhat rudely- to the "NO RUNNING" when they get out of school and are excited; to the crossing guard who doesn't think adults are capable of crossing without his supervision

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted December 14, 2015
I think that some students get away with behavior problems especially if they are labeled with a problem- all the kids should be subjected to the same expectations

Posted December 14, 2015
Raising tomorrow's successful leaders. I'm proud to have my daughter in a school I can be involved in. This administration needs someone objective to run the school, instead of the clique that is in there now. Front staff that have been there awhile are comfortable being rude and getting away with it. The teachers are doing great, despite the constraints of the ridiculous core curriculum that America realizes is a disaster

Flagstaff Charter Academy 1

Posted December 06, 2015
There are a close group of administrators, board members, and parents that promote each other and cover up unethical behaviors. They have driven every last respectable teacher and two principals away. Those remaining, including the new principal, don't know anything about educating children.

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted December 04, 2015
All brand new teachers with no experience. They hire this way on purpose so they can train them the FSA way. Not a good plan

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted December 04, 2015
No they do not beleive in homework. Actually went to a seminar on why homework is a waste of time. I do not think it is a waste of time and want to keep track of what my child is doing in school. I do not trust this school to challenge my child.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted December 04, 2015
How could they? They only teach at grade level. When the children are not challenged they become bored and lack drive.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted December 04, 2015
No, they favor the wealty families. They do not treat all chldren the same. Stay Away.

Posted December 02, 2015
I am so happy that we switched schools to Flagstaff Academy! My child comes home absolutely happy and excited every day. Charter schools in St.Vrain differ from public schools mainly in parent involvement, curriculum, and character education. Coming from someone who has first hand experience working in a competing charter school in the same district and has a background in education, I was weary at first because I had seen how too much parent involvement can become ugly. I do however love the Core Knowledge curriculum and decided to pay a visit to Flagstaff last school year. I was very impressed with what I had seen with my own eyes. My daughter never really had specific issues at her previous school but didn't seem excited. I took her also on a tour of Flagstaff and let her make the choice. She completed her school year at her previous school and ultimately chose to leave. She is learning so much at Flagstaff and is thriving. Her teacher has had great communication with myself as well as all classroom parents, keeping us very informed with weekly update emails. I recommend Flagstaff every chance I get and I always suggest a first-hand tour. It's not a smart choice to rely solely on hear-say!

Posted November 30, 2015
We've had a wonderful experience at Flagstaff. I have two kids and we've been at the school for 6 years. Love it. Can't recommend it more.

1841 Lefthand Circle, Longmont, CO  80501
Last modified Flagstaff Charter Academy is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Flagstaff Charter Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 158 reviews. Top