Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted December 08, 2015
All of my daughter's teachers have been wonderful, both in their teaching abilities and their kindness and meeting the needs of their students. All of them have seen and loved my daughter for who she is.

Posted April 23, 2014
Great teachers and staff. Teaching and extra curricular activities focus on STEM. Also several community school enrichment classes are available. We love the school and actively participate in all the events.

Posted March 03, 2014
Blue Mountain Elementary has provided a great education for my daughter and great teachers as well. This school has an academic focus which I appreciate. My daughter has both excelled and struggled in different subjects, and both times her needs have been met by the support staff and teachers. The principal is very professional and handles situations gracefully. We are open enrolled at Blue Mountain because it has a wonderful reputation and their preschool teacher was so amazing for our daughter we were hooked! We feel very fortunate to be able to open enroll in such a wonderful school and community and appreciate the kindness of the parents and community for all students in the building, open enrolled students, or the students that live in the neighborhood. This kind of inclusive attitude is what we love and appreciate about this school community.

Blue Mountain Elementary School 3

Posted April 22, 2013
BMES is a great school. My child enjoys going to school, feels comfortable and safe there and has a good relationship with her teachers. I am especially pleased with her teacher and appreciate the extra help my child has received. I am concerned, though, that this level of attention will be a thing of the past as class sizes increase and the school becomes more and more crowded. The school is currently over capacity and relies on not one but as of next year, two portables -- 4 classes will be required to be in portables. The school required a portable last year and yet open enrollments continue ... at least until scores drop to the school being over-consumed ... and then the open enrollments will move on to the next "high scoring" school ...

Posted January 07, 2013
I cannot say enough about this school. My 2 children have gone there since it opened, and we have never been happier. The environment is open and supportive. The Instructional focus has been outstanding, and the use of technology is more than we could have ever imagined . The children and parents are wonderful, and the principal is fabulous. We truly could not have asked for a better neighborhood school.

Blue Mountain Elementary School 3

Posted September 14, 2012
We were very disappointed with the curriculum. It's all talk and no substance. The school culture was not healthy for our children. A lot of children with mean attitudes. The school is also over populated.

Posted May 03, 2010
Excellent school. I feel very safe with my kids at this school and their exceedingly high test scores demonstrate excellent education.

Posted April 18, 2010
We are deeply impressed with the amount of learning that is taking place with our daughter. The administration and teachers are wonderful!

Posted October 08, 2009
Blue Mountain is a great example of a functional education system. The ideal interaction and involvement among parents, educators, and students is very conducive for an excellent learning experience. The school has a very caring atmosphere and the teachers take what they do very seriously - molding the minds of our children. Thanks for a great environment for my child. Please keep up the excellent work.

Posted September 16, 2009
It is a very caring environment and provides a very high quality and well rounded curriculum

1260 Mountain Drive, Longmont, CO  80503
Last modified Blue Mountain Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.