Louisville, CO

Posted October 11, 2014
Every staff member I have interacted with at Coal Creek has gone out of their way to make this school an incredible environment. I am truly so thankful that my daughter attends this school. The principal, classroom teachers, specials teachers, librarian, and SAC staff are some of the warmest individuals I have met. My daughter feels safe and loved at school and the staff is very accessible.

Coal Creek Elementary School 3

Posted September 23, 2013
Coal Creek is a kind a loving school. The teachers are super involved and clearly care very much for the students. What seems to be lacking is the ability to differentiate accademically. How to challenge the students who are advanced and provide more resources to those who need.

Posted May 22, 2013
Coal Creek does not have an ILC. The students at this school are main streamed. If the person whose child needs ILC services is at Coal Creek, no wonder they are not successful, they are not at the right school or the right program. Parents who insist that their kids get intensive learning services and are not at a school that can provide those services should look at the correct placement of their students. It is draining on the staff to have to serve kids who need the intensive classroom, when the school does not have the resources. The parent with the child needing ILC services should be willing to place their child in the right program and not insist that a school not set up for their child be served. They should not be complaining when they have chosen to have their student here, knowing we are not set up for intensive need kids.

Posted March 12, 2013
When entering this school, my child had an IEP. He did not receive the help that he needed and the school gave him the bare minimum of what was required by law in order to help him succeed, which wasn't nearly enough for my child. The principal of this school did nothing to help my special needs child and went out of his way to make us feel unwelcome. Additionally, the ILC teachers, the school counselor, and the mainstream classroom teacher encouraged the other children to shun my child because he is a different sort of learner. If you have a child with special needs, I suggest searching out a different school.

Posted October 11, 2012
I have two children at this school. Both have had the "M&M" teacher, and I had to speak up to say what an outstanding teacher she is. She is truly amazing and both of my children have loved being in her class and their learning has truly taken off in their year with her. She is a great educator and also enormously fun for the kids. At no point does she promote candy - in fact she goes to lengths to promote healthy eating and snacks. All in all, the school is great. The staff are dedicated and hard working, and the parents are hugely involved and invested in their children's education. The principal seems now to have come into his own, and provides strong leadership. Coal Creek is an excellent school.

Posted March 07, 2011
The parents concerned about the M&M's in the classroom should ask the kids what they represent....they'll tell you it's not about eating candy. I'm wondering how much time these parents complaining about the M&M's have spent in this classroom watching this teacher - they would have nothing to complain about and might even be enlightened!! This K teacher is a remarkable teacher and was monumental with working with TAG children at this school. She's a great teacher and her love of her children is very apparent. I feel the teachers and staff at Coal Creek go above and beyond what is required of them by the district and that they really care about the children.

Coal Creek Elementary School 4

Posted January 28, 2011
Yes the kindergarten classroom is covered in M&M's but the teacher is not promoting candy. She promotes a love of learning. My child is thriving in her class. She is a dedicated seasoned teacher who actually cares about the kids in her class. My child is sad on the weekends when she can't be at school and it is not due to M&M's. I'm sorry if you evaluate the education of your child based on the pics of M&M's on the wall. You have to spend time in the classroom to really know what is going on. As a parent volunteer, I have spent hours watching this particular teacher teach to a wide range of abilities and do it well. All of kids have had a huge increase in their knowledge and skills due to the M&M teacher! The good thing about BVSD is if you don't like the school open enroll to another school. It's parent's like you that bring down the school. Gotta look further than the surface. Oh and I have a 2 other kids at this school and they are thriving and doing well.

Posted September 12, 2010
The kindergarten classroom at Coal Creek Elementary is covered with M&Ms. I feel as though I am sending my child to the M&M factory for school. Neither the principal nor the kindergarten teacher could explain how having M&Ms covering the walls and shelves of the classroom would enhance my childs education. Infact both educators actually told me that kids cannot make the connection between seeing a piece of candy and eating it. Absurd!

Posted September 12, 2010
I agree with the parent commenting on the M&Ms covering the classroom. Kids eat enough candy. A kindergarden teacher should be promoting good minds and health, not be advertising for a candy company.

Coal Creek Elementary School 4

Posted October 21, 2009
The school is great but I feel like the district is slacking in trying to attract African Americans and Hispanic families I believe there s only 3 African American children in the whole school and they re mine. I believe if there was more diversity in the school children would be able to learn more about each other and their upcoming.

Coal Creek Elementary School
801 West Tamarisk St, Louisville, CO  80027
Last modified Coal Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Coal Creek Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top