Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Monarch K8 teachers are top notch. They know how to effectively teach kids and make it fun & challenging for them. My kids have attended since kindergarten and are currently in 8th grade. They just LOVED the 7th grade teachers -- great teaching styles and such enthusiasm for the subjects. They LOVED the band instructor (Mr Pinkston) since they joined in 5th grade. It's still early in 8th grade, but they continue to enjoy their classes are are excelling in their subjects. I've been impressed over the 8+ yrs my kids have been attending. Would highly recommend this school for Louisville families.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers all really really care. My kids require different "motivational styles" to complete their work and finish it. The teachers offered and implemented techniques that would keep my kids interested and be able to complete the work.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Homework re-inforces the subject matter. Initially I thought KG-2nd grades got too much homework, but it paid off in making the information stick to complete future work and get into the habit of "working" on it, instead of just finishing it. Monarch K8 has done a really good job with giving enough homework to practice and really know the material.

The DHH provisioning in the school is great. Also the paraeducators are awesome. The school connects to you and your whole family.

Amazing!!! I love the school so much. The paras and teachers are amazing. They teach you so much, in so little amount of time! So, I think the cafeteria rule does need a couple of changes.... Telling the children to eat silently is not the best thing... Eating lunch is a time for conversation to happen, where in the classroom that's very limited. But, one of the things I greatly dislike about the cafeteria rule is that when lunch time ends the para turn off the lights and if it doesn't get silent then they get kinda mad... Then when they allow us to go, they dismiss us by table... That isn't the best. But, besides that, I believe the education is fantastic. ALA is definitely amazing. The amount of chrome books the school has is uncountable. Getting to my locker and to class is SO much easier than I thought it would be. The classrooms are close enough together that it will probably take 2 minutes for transition. But other than curriculum, there is gym, music, art, ect. But of course you can't forget recess. Amazing huge playground. Principals.......... They are just so amazing!!! You can tell they care for your safety. But........ Other than the cafeteria rule, the school is just amazing!!! I can't wait for high school!!

Great school! The current principal, Melisa Potes, has done a tremendous job of turning the school around from the prior administration (the previous principal was very "old school"/not progressive or forward thinking....hurt the school in the long run). The new staff she has brought on, along with investments into the school (new reading center, technology, school garden, etc....) has helped propel the school further. She champions and advocates on behalf of her staff and most importantly, the students to create a positive school environment. The school has a complement of clubs and activities for a well-rounded education. Test scores are strong, and the sense of community is awesome. As with all schools, there is always room for improvement, but the most important thing is to acknowledge and address an on-going process that I see continually happen at Monarch K8 through committees and advocacy. There is much opportunity to participate and make a difference, voices are heard and suggestions weighed.

I have been super impressed with Monarch in the four years my children have attended. The principal, Melisa Potes, is very involved, making a point to attend school events and parent meetings. I have a child with an IEP and the staff has really come together to help my child succeed. I have other students who are typical learners and they love the extracurricular activities that the school offers. Monarch has clubs for all interests, as well as sports teams for the middle level students. My children have had and continue to have amazing teachers who both challenge and encourage them. The preschool is another wonderful part of the school. The teachers are so loving and really care about the little guys in their program. The preschool liaison does a fabulous job organizing extra activities and helping parents pick the right preschool program. I cannot count how many times teachers and staff have gone above and beyond for the children at Monarch. We are incredibly lucky to have so many talented educators and truly caring adults to teach our children.

This is our first year at this school for our three children. I am very disappointed with the discouraging tone that the teachers and staff have with our kids. Our kids love to learn and are advanced readers. They are now very disheartened to the point that they don't want to participate in anything school related (such as the library's Battle of the Books) because every time they ask a question it is met with condescension. If this is the best school in the area, it is time for us to move.

Monarch K-8 is one of the best schools in this area. Kids are very respectful and teachers are the best! You can tell they love to teach, very dedicated!

My three chidren started school this year, all fresh in from another state. I have to agree with the other posts in that kids are wonderful, friendly and so welcoming. We have lived all over the world and my kids say the students here are the nicest. Their teachers are fantastic, there really are some outstaniding teachers here, just so fun and enthusiastic. I can see that smart kids could get a bit bored as no GATE program but the fun kids and great teachers smore than make up for it. Our daughter had been in various 'Gate' programs and all they do is make her feel like an outcast and so many just pay lip service anyway. You can go up a year or two for Math and be in advanced L.A. which to be honest is a lot more than a lot of schools so for differentiation. We know another gifted child just joined this school and he is also loving it. We love this school!

Last modified Monarch K-8 School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.