Louisville, CO

Posted June 15, 2015
Amazing!!! I love the school so much. The paras and teachers are amazing. They teach you so much, in so little amount of time! So, I think the cafeteria rule does need a couple of changes.... Telling the children to eat silently is not the best thing... Eating lunch is a time for conversation to happen, where in the classroom that's very limited. But, one of the things I greatly dislike about the cafeteria rule is that when lunch time ends the para turn off the lights and if it doesn't get silent then they get kinda mad... Then when they allow us to go, they dismiss us by table... That isn't the best. But, besides that, I believe the education is fantastic. ALA is definitely amazing. The amount of chrome books the school has is uncountable. Getting to my locker and to class is SO much easier than I thought it would be. The classrooms are close enough together that it will probably take 2 minutes for transition. But other than curriculum, there is gym, music, art, ect. But of course you can't forget recess. Amazing huge playground. Principals.......... They are just so amazing!!! You can tell they care for your safety. But........ Other than the cafeteria rule, the school is just amazing!!! I can't wait for high school!!

Posted March 20, 2015
Great school! The current principal, Melisa Potes, has done a tremendous job of turning the school around from the prior administration (the previous principal was very "old school"/not progressive or forward thinking....hurt the school in the long run). The new staff she has brought on, along with investments into the school (new reading center, technology, school garden, etc....) has helped propel the school further. She champions and advocates on behalf of her staff and most importantly, the students to create a positive school environment. The school has a complement of clubs and activities for a well-rounded education. Test scores are strong, and the sense of community is awesome. As with all schools, there is always room for improvement, but the most important thing is to acknowledge and address an on-going process that I see continually happen at Monarch K8 through committees and advocacy. There is much opportunity to participate and make a difference, voices are heard and suggestions weighed.
2 people found this helpful

Posted January 27, 2015
I have been super impressed with Monarch in the four years my children have attended. The principal, Melisa Potes, is very involved, making a point to attend school events and parent meetings. I have a child with an IEP and the staff has really come together to help my child succeed. I have other students who are typical learners and they love the extracurricular activities that the school offers. Monarch has clubs for all interests, as well as sports teams for the middle level students. My children have had and continue to have amazing teachers who both challenge and encourage them. The preschool is another wonderful part of the school. The teachers are so loving and really care about the little guys in their program. The preschool liaison does a fabulous job organizing extra activities and helping parents pick the right preschool program. I cannot count how many times teachers and staff have gone above and beyond for the children at Monarch. We are incredibly lucky to have so many talented educators and truly caring adults to teach our children.

Monarch K-8 School 2

Posted January 16, 2015
This is our first year at this school for our three children. I am very disappointed with the discouraging tone that the teachers and staff have with our kids. Our kids love to learn and are advanced readers. They are now very disheartened to the point that they don't want to participate in anything school related (such as the library's Battle of the Books) because every time they ask a question it is met with condescension. If this is the best school in the area, it is time for us to move.
5 people found this helpful

Posted October 30, 2013
Monarch K-8 is one of the best schools in this area. Kids are very respectful and teachers are the best! You can tell they love to teach, very dedicated!

Posted September 17, 2013
My three chidren started school this year, all fresh in from another state. I have to agree with the other posts in that kids are wonderful, friendly and so welcoming. We have lived all over the world and my kids say the students here are the nicest. Their teachers are fantastic, there really are some outstaniding teachers here, just so fun and enthusiastic. I can see that smart kids could get a bit bored as no GATE program but the fun kids and great teachers smore than make up for it. Our daughter had been in various 'Gate' programs and all they do is make her feel like an outcast and so many just pay lip service anyway. You can go up a year or two for Math and be in advanced L.A. which to be honest is a lot more than a lot of schools so for differentiation. We know another gifted child just joined this school and he is also loving it. We love this school!

Posted June 04, 2013
I was new to Monarch in the middle of the year. Within my first day I all ready had a lot of friends. The teachers and paras are all very nice. People in the hallway say hi even if they don't know you. You are always learning about something new. And if you already know what the rest of the class is learning the teachers will move you a grade level above. I would recommend this school to anyone.

Monarch K-8 School 4

Posted September 21, 2012
I am very impressed with Monarch K-8. The teachers are beyond amazing, they teach well and give lots of fun projects and give students hands-on work. Since the classes are so close together, your child won't need to bring their backpack to every class! The counseling program is great. The school offers many electives which is great for your child to experience more. The Band is small but it is very good. The one thing that isn't good is the programs for Gifted. Monarch K-8 allows students to be in T.A.G. (Talented And Gifted). However, the T.A.G. kids don't have a specific curriculum, Advanced Algebra 1 and Advanced Language Arts are the only classes provided. For 7th grade and below, if your child completes an evaluation well then your child can be put in the correct math or reading class (Ex: 6th grader in 7th grade math or higher) The kids are beyond amazing, they make you feel welcome and the environment isn't completely divided into little cliques. Everyone has a friend here and if your child doesn't at first, just wait. Lots of clubs are available plus the idea of a student-led club. Monarch K-8 has a wonderful environment with great teachers and students.

Posted June 13, 2012
i don't go to monarch, but my sister and pretty much my whole family like cousins and yeah go there they say it is the best school ever it help them with what they needed and i cant wait to go to monarch for HIGH SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you should go to k-8 and the high school. :)

Posted April 08, 2012
MK8 is a wonderful school! I was lucky to be part of such a wonderful and dynamic elementary team. Support, planning, and articulation between grade levels occurs regularly, and the administration (past and present) continues to be incredibly supportive. I would work there again in a heartbeat!!

Monarch K-8 School
263 Campus Dr, Louisville, CO  80027
Last modified Monarch K-8 School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Monarch K-8 School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top