Louisville, CO
Students enrolled: 1,522

Posted April 15, 2015
Monarch offers an excellent academic program. My gifted kids found interesting, challenging courses with strong, engaging teachers. The school's administrators are excellent and caring. Negative comments appear to come from parents who don't like the school's social environment. As a parent of two Monarch students, I've seen that Monarch is the same as other high-quality high schools. The students want friends, and they find their crowd largely through the many extra-curricular activities.

Monarch High School 1

Posted March 05, 2015
If you are on the treadmill great; if you fall off good luck trying to get support. As an A student who went through some personal issues and ended up as an F they did not care except for policy. A lot of finger pointing at the child. They leave children behind

Monarch High School 1

Posted September 01, 2014
So far I am not impressed with this school. They appear to have a dearth of character. The football program is full of favoritism and the coaches bully the students, string them along, and don't care if they get hurt. I would not recommend it. It's no wonder the school continues to decrease in rankings.

Posted January 06, 2014
I love this school! It's a great fit for me, and it has a wide variety of programs to make it a great fit for others as well. I feel very welcomed, and the community and teachers are definitely helping me excel.

Posted August 01, 2011
I graduated from Monarch this year and I think that it is a very good school. All of the math, science and history teachers are phenomenal, the students are friendly, and there are plenty of challenging classes offered. I only have two complaints about Monarch. One is that the language arts department is severely lacking. My senior year I took an L.A class in which you were supposed to work on writing college essays for the majority of the fall (at least that's what they told us when describing the class) but we only spent one day on that. The rest of the time we did whatever the unstable teacher (who cried about 15 times in class over the course of the year) felt like doing that day, which was usually watching a movie that we would never finish or having her tell a personal story that did not relate to the class at all. My other L.A classes were not much better and I don't feel like my writing has improved significantly since 8th grade. My second complaint is that there is not a lot of communication between the school and the students. We were usually informed of in-service days through rumors and many people came to school when there was no school or didn't when there was.

Monarch High School 4

Posted September 28, 2010
Monarch is a great academic school offering something for everyone through their many programs including AP, CU Succeed, High School of Business (the only one in Colorado), Da Vinci program, award winning robotics, Speical Ed and so much more. Last week they adopted the motto or tag line "Creating bright futures, one student at a time." MHS is committed to meeting each individual student's needs, no matter what they are; academic, theatrical, athletic, musical, high tech, alternative. It's all there for the taking. Teaching staff is committed, outstanding and award winning. Students that choose advanced classes are doing well with 80% scoring 3-5 on their 2009 AP exams. $5.8 million were offered in scholarships to the class of 2009. The only place that I would suggest improvement would be in the counseling department. Being sure that the couselors get to know the kids and the parents sooner than senior year.

Posted September 28, 2010
Our family is having a wonderful experience at Monarch High School. Our kids are academic high achievers and they have plenty of challenge and engagement from the AP and CU Succeed classes--it's amazing what the kids are learning. The science teachers are particularly inspiring, and the language arts department is up there, too. Our kids have ALSO found it easy and fun to get involved in music and sports, where even though the top performance level is really high, everyone is welcome to join and give it a try. As parents, we have both gotten involved as volunteers and we feel part of a real community that includes the school leadership.

Posted January 07, 2010
Great school with bright and engaging students, and a great faculty.

Monarch High School 4

Posted September 18, 2009
Any High School is what YOU make it. If you want to get involved there is plenty of clubs/activities to join. If you want to take drugs, you will find a way to do that no matter what high shool you go to--even Boulder schools. I've already sent two students through this school and I plan to send a third next year. Neither were athletes, but they were involved in the excellent music program and other activities. They would tell you, if asked, that they very much enjoyed their years at MO-HI and had a lot of great friends--who like themselves were not involved in drugs. They did not experience any bullying either. The academics are right up there with Boulder(both my kids were admitted to their first choice colleges). As a matter of fact, I even volunteered in the Post-Grad center for a number of years.

Monarch High School

Posted September 16, 2009
Monarch is an awful school. There is a pervasive culture of bullying that flows through both the teacher and student population. I have been very disappointed by the response of the administration and faculty time after time. If you are considering Monarch as a school, look elsewhere.

Monarch High School
329 Campus Dr, Louisville, CO  80027
Last modified Monarch High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Monarch High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top