Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Monarch High School 2

Posted October 11, 2015
I was disappointed in the manner in which the lacrosse coaches at this school handled recent fall try outs for their fall league. Players showed up for six days of grueling try outs, and on the last day those who did not make the team were rewarded for their efforts with public humiliation in front of all the participants and the many spectator parents by having the names of the students who DID make the fall team announced aloud. Those who did NOT make the team had to stand up in front of everyone and walk off the field, gather their belongings, and leave as everyone watched them. You could see the uncomfortable body language of all the parents as they tried not to look at the dejected players walking off the field. Oddly, a notice was posted on the team website the week before announcing that the coaches did not believe in privately emailing or posting a list of the chosen players names which caused one to think players would be informed one to one. It turns out public humiliation was the chosen method of informing players and parents. I was shocked and disappointed that in this day and age of public awareness surrounding issues like bullying and hazing that the coaches did not demonstrate a greater level of emotional intelligence and sensitivity in regards to the players. It's 2015, and you would think they would have known better.

Monarch High School 4

Posted July 23, 2015
My son started this school last year (despite us begging him to go to Fairview) and our fears were unfounded - he is doing really well and the vast majority of teachers are great. The biology teacher is outstanding as is the robotics teacher. Our other very smart child starts this fall and we have no worries but I have to say that is because she too will be in advanced classes. I agree with the last reviews if your kids are really smart they will do well but I would not want my kids to be in the regular classes where the kids are not so driven. Our youngest is not so academic and we know there is not the support there or any real individual attention so she will go to a private school.

Posted July 06, 2015
Monarch offers an excellent academic program. My gifted kids found interesting, challenging courses with strong, engaging teachers. The school's administrators are excellent and caring. Negative comments appear to come from parents who don't like the school's social environment. As a parent of two Monarch students, I've seen that Monarch is the same as other high-quality high schools. The students want friends, and they find their crowd largely through the many extra-curricular activities.

Monarch High School 1

Posted March 05, 2015
If you are on the treadmill great; if you fall off good luck trying to get support. As an A student who went through some personal issues and ended up as an F they did not care except for policy. A lot of finger pointing at the child. They leave children behind

Monarch High School 1

Posted September 01, 2014
So far I am not impressed with this school. They appear to have a dearth of character. The football program is full of favoritism and the coaches bully the students, string them along, and don't care if they get hurt. I would not recommend it. It's no wonder the school continues to decrease in rankings.

Posted January 06, 2014
I love this school! It's a great fit for me, and it has a wide variety of programs to make it a great fit for others as well. I feel very welcomed, and the community and teachers are definitely helping me excel.

Posted August 01, 2011
I graduated from Monarch this year and I think that it is a very good school. All of the math, science and history teachers are phenomenal, the students are friendly, and there are plenty of challenging classes offered. I only have two complaints about Monarch. One is that the language arts department is severely lacking. My senior year I took an L.A class in which you were supposed to work on writing college essays for the majority of the fall (at least that's what they told us when describing the class) but we only spent one day on that. The rest of the time we did whatever the unstable teacher (who cried about 15 times in class over the course of the year) felt like doing that day, which was usually watching a movie that we would never finish or having her tell a personal story that did not relate to the class at all. My other L.A classes were not much better and I don't feel like my writing has improved significantly since 8th grade. My second complaint is that there is not a lot of communication between the school and the students. We were usually informed of in-service days through rumors and many people came to school when there was no school or didn't when there was.

Monarch High School 4

Posted September 28, 2010
Monarch is a great academic school offering something for everyone through their many programs including AP, CU Succeed, High School of Business (the only one in Colorado), Da Vinci program, award winning robotics, Speical Ed and so much more. Last week they adopted the motto or tag line "Creating bright futures, one student at a time." MHS is committed to meeting each individual student's needs, no matter what they are; academic, theatrical, athletic, musical, high tech, alternative. It's all there for the taking. Teaching staff is committed, outstanding and award winning. Students that choose advanced classes are doing well with 80% scoring 3-5 on their 2009 AP exams. $5.8 million were offered in scholarships to the class of 2009. The only place that I would suggest improvement would be in the counseling department. Being sure that the couselors get to know the kids and the parents sooner than senior year.

Posted September 28, 2010
Our family is having a wonderful experience at Monarch High School. Our kids are academic high achievers and they have plenty of challenge and engagement from the AP and CU Succeed classes--it's amazing what the kids are learning. The science teachers are particularly inspiring, and the language arts department is up there, too. Our kids have ALSO found it easy and fun to get involved in music and sports, where even though the top performance level is really high, everyone is welcome to join and give it a try. As parents, we have both gotten involved as volunteers and we feel part of a real community that includes the school leadership.

Posted January 07, 2010
Great school with bright and engaging students, and a great faculty.

Monarch High School
329 Campus Drive, Louisville, CO  80027
Last modified Monarch High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.