Bad
Good

Fireside is such a wonderful school - both educationally and from a community perspective. The teachers are excellent and the we love the principal. My daughter loves going to school and we have been blown away by her academic advances.

This is such a great school. All the teachers and the principle were so invested in the school and the education of the children it's really wonderful and very obvious? When we first started at the school it was rated 7. We moved to a school that is now rated a 10 and I was a little nervous about how my kids would do (5th and 1st) my 1st grader has been tested for the gifted program, and my 5th grader excels in every subject! I know this is because of the time and effort that fireside has put into my children and the love of learning that they gifted to my kids . My daughter who was at this school til end of 4th grade had friends in her class from 7 different countries,Mexico, India, France, Japan, Middle East etc. I love the diversity! The school focuses on anti bullying and encourages kids to treat each other with respect. This is a phenomenal school and I miss it very much. We moved to a different state.

I loved this elementary school, was a great community. Everyone was so friendly and you could make friends so easily and never be unhappy.

My son is graduating this year form Fireside and I can not say enough about how happy I have been with his experience. The sense of community and pride that the teachers bring to their school is remarkable, My son's first years of school were at another Louisville public school and I was so dissapointed; very little cohesion to the teaching and not much help with early social development. Fireside offers diversity and expertise and I am so happy with the educational beginnings that my son has experienced there and beleive he has been well prepared for his future.

I had two children attend Fireside two years ago. My 5th grader had a fantastic experience with her teacher and the Gifted Program. My youngest had a horrible experience with his Kindergarten teacher. Without speaking to me about any issues, she decided that my son was 'too much of a leader' and separated him from all of the other students in the class. She turned his desk around and did not include him in reading groups for over a week before my son came home crying and I confronted her. The extended substitute later told us that she didn't believe that there was a discipline issue and didn't understand the core teacher's actions. This experience negatively impacted his desire to read while at the school. The next year we put him into Coyote Ridge. Within 2 months in the school, he was 'Coyote of the Month' and has excelled since.

The office staff, principal and teachers at Fireside Elementary have been instrumental in my grandchildren's lives. They have been understanding and supportive when my grandchildren needed them the most. Thank you, Fireside Elementary!

I have two children who currently attend Fireside. We have been at the school for five years, and we've had amazing, dedicated teachers every year. In my experience, the principal is supportive of both parents and teachers, and is committed to fairness. The music program at this school is phenomenal, and the high level of parent involvement is terrific. We feel lucky to be part of such an incredible, caring community!

I've had two children go through Fireside, and through all that time, we've only ever had one teacher that I wouldn't rate as excellent or better. Fireside Elementary is the focus school for English as a Second Language, and there are over 16 languages spoken there representing over 25 countries. This diversity has been an amazing experience for my kids, and they have formed strong ties with kids from other countries. In addition, the music and PE programs at Fireside are also excellent. It seems that this school attracts highly motivated, articulate, professional individuals to teach the kids there. The former principal, in his last year there, was named Colorado Principal of the Year for elementary schools. The current principal has maintained the excellent staff that was there before, many of whom have been at Fireside since it's opening 17 years ago.

Last modified Fireside Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.