Bad
Good

Engaged staff. Inspired CEO with long range vision in practice. She coordinates staff, parents and community to the benefit of the learning environment. The STEM focus curriculum is working at every grade level. This is a pace setter school.

My kiddos have loved their experience at Big T Elementary! It's a small school with a caring community feel, excellent leadership and a staff of incredible teachers. My boys have really thrived in this learning environment, especially with the new hands-on STEM focus. We highly recommend this Loveland school!

A small school with a family atmosphere and the ability to obtain and keep amazingly talented teachers. Consistently high test scores, nature and science focused (my child knows more about nature than I do and she's 7!), a curriculum based on the STEM basics, conservation (they compost their waste), respect and academic success. Best school in the area and I'll gladly drive an hour to get to it if need be...

We have had a fantastic experience with Big Thompson. Last year my son's kindergarten teacher provided an excellent foundation and sense of excitement about learning. This year has been every bit as positive. It is absolutely true that the staff is warm and friendly. We love the enthusiasm surrounding the unique history and location of the school. The nature and science emphasis is reflected throughout program and really promotes a sense of curiosity and respect for the natural world. Big T has been a perfect fit for our family! We can't wait to see our daughter begin school here as well ;)

Big Thompson Elementary school is a small school with a very dedicated staff. The support staff and teachers work hard to ensure our kids have the best opportunities and learning environments. As a small school, Big T has a huge sense of community with a warm, welcoming group of parents and wonderful volunteers. We are very excited about our new principal and the direction our School of Nature and Science is headed. My kids have really excelled at Big T and we're thrilled that Big T is the school of choice for them.

We are moving a lot so we have seen a lot of different and good elementary schools. But this is the best of all of them. Big-T has great teachers and it just feels like one big happy family there. We might move again and will miss Big-T a lot!!!

My son attended this school for one year in the 2008-09 school year and we loved it. It was the best school he had ever attended and I only wish he had been there longer. The principal (who is no longer there unfortunately) was always out walking around the school and involved in what was going on. The enrollment that year was about 175 total (very small school). The teachers he had were excellent and you knew they honestly cared. My son started the year struggling a great deal in reading and writing on level, and was above level by the end of the year. I can't wait until my youngest attends this school and hope that they don't change a thing.

This school is fantastic. A friendly, well behaved student body and a nurturing environment. The teacher's love the kids and it shows in happy, successful students. We are very happy with Big T, we have attended other public and private schools and found Big T superior. It is all in the feeling the school fosters which helps the kids all succeed.

Last modified Big Thompson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.